Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Krypto in the Keys (runnin a little warm i think)  (Read 3846 times)

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Scarlet Red & Charcoal Slate VRSCSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO2: Kryptonite FLHXSE2
Krypto in the Keys (runnin a little warm i think)
« on: February 14, 2011, 05:14:24 PM »

The snow wouldn't leave,  so I left the snow!  Got dropped off at orlando and rode down to the keys for the rest of the week.  Lovin my new ride!!! 8)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:25:32 AM by HD Kid »

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Re: Krypto in the Keys
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 05:33:41 PM »

Congratulations! What are the first mods you have planned?

And MORE MORE MORE Pics please!

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 05:34:07 PM »

good thinking 99

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »

Just wonderin if anybody down that way has noticed your bike? :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Don't be to surprised if you come out of the gas station or store and find a foreign tourist sitting on it getting his/her picture taken. ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 06:00:25 PM »

Looks great with the matching tour pak. :2vrolijk_21:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 07:28:32 PM »

Bet your loving the Keys too!

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 02:47:44 AM »

Very Niiiice! Enjoy the Keys and the ride along the 7-mile Bridge...If you're in luck, you may still be in time to grab some fresh Stone Crabs.
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 08:08:57 AM »

Send me a PM when you are coming back through the West Palm Beach area, Id like to see it!

Meet me here, Ill pick up the tab.

http://oldkeylimehouse.com/

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »

Just wonderin if anybody down that way has noticed your bike? :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Don't be to surprised if you come out of the gas station or store and find a foreign tourist sitting on it getting his/her picture taken. ;D

Yes it deffinatly get the attention, stopped at orlando HD south and I think everybody that worked there except for 2 of the t shirt girls went out to check it out. One of the salesman asked me as I walkin in "that's sharp, is that the new apple green color they came out with?" :nixweiss: 

We were in disney for my nieces cheerleading competition and much to my suprise orlando Harley had a store there. They had two bikes in the window that just about every foreign tourist was sittin on and takin pictures. I was thinkin, man I hope nobody decides to get a photo op on mine!

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 05:29:57 PM »

Yes it deffinatly get the attention, stopped at orlando HD south and I think everybody that worked there except for 2 of the t shirt girls went out to check it out. One of the salesman asked me as I walkin in "that's sharp, is that the new apple green color they came out with?" :nixweiss: 

You should have told him yeah... it is the new apple green color... and he better order a bunch of them....

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »

Had a great stay down in the keys and got some good riding in! Unloaded in orlando with 31 miles on her and after comin back through the everglades and up to ft Myers where I had to load back up, ended up with 1260 miles. Wish I could've rode longer, but it was my turn to drive the truck. :trailer:   Oh well, back to the hills of KY!

Im fairly new to this air cooled beast that is the 110 (I've been used to a vrod), but is it normal for my right leg to be on fire after sitting at a couple stoplights? I know considerable heat is to be expected, but man it gets warm fast. Never rode anything bigger than a 96 before, so I don't know how to judge it.  I have the fullsac x-pipe and hi outputs with a tune Installed too. :nixweiss:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 05:51:35 PM by HD Kid »

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 05:37:14 PM »

I had the same issue.  Even my BSR said wow this thing is hot.  Gutted the cat and it was night and day better.  Good luck, beautiful bike.
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

jcd520

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 06:09:22 PM »

Had a great stay down in the keys and got some good riding in! Unloaded in orlando with 31 miles on her and after comin back through the everglades and up to ft Myers where I had to load back up, ended up with 1260 miles. Wish I could've rode longer, but it was my turn to drive the truck. :trailer:   Oh well, back to the hills of KY!

Im fairly new to this air cooled beast that is the 110 (I've been used to a vrod), but is it normal for my right leg to be on fire after sitting at a couple stoplights? I know considerable heat is to be expected, but man it gets warm fast. Never rode anything bigger than a 96 before, so I don't know how to judge it.  I have the fullsac x-pipe and hi outputs with a tune Installed too. :nixweiss:

[I am a bit surprised to hear you say( if I am reading this right ) that your bike is still really hot with the x pipe, open mufflers and tuner. Mine is not and is drastically different than it was stock. The x pipe is ceramic coated from fullsac and I don't think you should be getting real noticeable heat from the motor anymore. --------By the way, gorgeous bike.

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 06:45:31 PM »

Yep. It gets warm during a ride, but not too bad hot. After sitting at a few traffic lights tho, it gets almost unbareably hot and I guess shuts down one cylinder cause it starts kinda loping. Never rode it stock. Had the pipes switched as soon as it got home.

jcd520

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 08:44:34 AM »

Yep. It gets warm during a ride, but not too bad hot. After sitting at a few traffic lights tho, it gets almost unbareably hot and I guess shuts down one cylinder cause it starts kinda loping. Never rode it stock. Had the pipes switched as soon as it got home.

I think you should give Steve at Fullsac a call ----------I don't think this is normal after the mods you have installed. When I bought all my same stuff from him I spoke with him a long time about this very issue and he told me his bikes almost never use the rear cylinder "off " mode(forget what it is really called). Maybe your program didn't download right . It is possible and the call won't cost anything. I would at least check it out. Once again--------I sure do like your Krypto!!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.