Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rider Backrest Kit for 2011 FLXSE2  (Read 1180 times)

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
Rider Backrest Kit for 2011 FLXSE2
« on: March 06, 2011, 05:54:17 PM »

My Krypto bike came in and I'm having the dealer install some accessories.  I had the adjustable rider backrest kit on my 2006 Street Glide with a Sundowner seat and loved it.  It looks like the stock seat on the new bike is pretty comfortable (is it?) and I was planning on installing the same adjustable rider backrest on the bike but noticed that the Harley Website recommends not using the stock seat with that part.  I was wondering if anyone has installed part number 52596-09A (Adjustable Rider Backrest Mounting Kit) or the part below with the stock seat and your thoughts.  Thanks for the input.

52300008 Rider Backrest Kit - CVO™ FLHXSE2 Snakeskin Insert
Add back support for long-haul riding comfort. Contoured backrest pad is shaped to provide full lower back support without pushing the rider forward, and the slim profile offers the passenger a few more inches of room. An adjustable support bracket with four mounting locations accommodates different seats and riding positions. The backrest pad angle can be adjusted for maximum comfort.

samule

Re: Rider Backrest Kit for 2011 FLXSE2
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:08:57 PM »

I had the adj. back rest on my ultra and loved it. I put one on my 11 orange and black and dont like it at all. It doesnt let me sit in the seat 'pocket'. Put it in several positions, but just cant  make it comfy. I dont use it at all now.
Sammy

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 03:38:10 PM »

Samule, Thanks.  I haven't sat on it yet but it looked like it wasn't aligning correctly with the stock seat.  I'm going to be able to sit on my bike on Wednesday when I pay for it.  Was wondering if most people found the stock seat comfortable.

stever

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 07:04:11 AM »

Put one on my stock seat i like it

Page created in 0.645 seconds with 21 queries.