Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another windshield ?  (Read 1244 times)

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
Another windshield ?
« on: June 14, 2011, 09:02:48 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just to jump in, I have always rode with a full shield,but when I bought my 11 sg cvo I put a Harley wind splitter on it. I ware glasses so I bought glasses that fit over mine. Loved not looking through the windshield but yesterday I got caught in the rain and boy did it sting my face. thinking of putting a fullshield back on. The splitter works ok as long as no rain. Any thoughts?
            Older Guy
I love the look of the splitter and looking for a full shield that would look good with the bike.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: Another windshield ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 09:56:48 AM »

Well I bet you get lots of different opinions on this question.
Looks are truly in the eye of the beholder.

One thing to consider is the flip curve found at the top of a Clearview shield. It would allow you to run a shorter shield since it helps move the airflow up. (some say it acts like adding 2" to your shield height.)

You could also use a short shield if you ride with a modular or full face helmet.

Remember it's not just your overall height to consider but how long is your torso as well as your riding posture. That is why you see many people say I am (XYZ) tall but have a (XYZ) inseam, it helps others determine if you are long in the legs or in the torso.

I choose function over form so I use a taller shield that I look over and don't worry so much about looking neat.

Good luck with your search.

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:29:08 PM »

check out this topic, lots of good stuff there.

2011 Street Glide Wind Buffeting

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 02:50:39 PM »

Ordered 12in Freedom shield today.
             Older Guy

SteveO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 05:40:54 PM »

I have three of the Clearview Shields.  Great folks to deal with.  Quality produce and they really work.

www.clearviewshields.com/shop/index.php

jcd520

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 12:47:32 PM »

I second that----------but one word of caution---------I ordered one for my bike and asked the guy (john I believe is his name) if it was the same grey color as the 7" stocker that came on my bike and was assured it was. It is NOT! Almost every aftermarket windshield I have seen is kind of smoky amber ------not grey. I really liked the grey of the stock one but can't seem to find anyone who makes one.
Anyway if this is important to you then beware  the clearviews are not grey.            Funny thing too-------I know very few people who have not replaced the stock windshield--------Are you listening MOCO??????

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 06:45:43 AM »

Got my freedom today,12in great product,john was great to order from. I will try it today.
                         Older Guy

Rode today with the Freedom shield,as I ware glasses i used to have to ride with glasses over them. This shield is great I could ride with out useing anything but my reg glasses. I have the grey tint and it is very clear with no distoriation. very happy with the product.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:11:50 AM by Older Guy »

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.