Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyno Results for Horsepower Inc. Throttle Body  (Read 7004 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Dyno Results for Horsepower Inc. Throttle Body
« on: May 27, 2006, 07:49:15 PM »

Installed the a 51MM Throttle Body for Screamin' Eagle 103 today. The Dyno Tuner said the slight increase in Horse Power and Torque are easily felt before and after installation.

Here's the Dyno Results....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 04:28:01 PM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Re: Dyno Results for Horsepower Inc. Throttle Body
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 04:43:24 PM »

I couldn't read the first copy, so I edited the post. Hope ya all can view this one better.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 05:55:34 PM »

Kona;
Was the only change the Throttle body? Do you have a before Dyno Run?

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 11:44:32 AM »

Kona;
Was the only change the Throttle body? Do you have a before Dyno Run?

Exactly.  There have been several threads regarding whether or not to go with a bigger throttle body and the before/after comparison would be very helpful.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 08:01:03 PM »

Installed the a 51MM Throttle Body for Screamin' Eagle 103 today. [highlight]The Dyno Tuner said the slight increase in Horse Power and Torque are easily felt before and after installation.[/highlight]

why the hell would you feel an increase in HP & TQ before AND after installation, that makes no sense too me, if thats the case save some money and keep the before ;D
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 04:54:49 PM »

why the hell would you [highlight]feel an increase in HP & TQ before AND after installation[/highlight], that makes no sense too me, if thats the case save some money and keep the before ;D

I should submit posts with greater skill than that, considering the members zeal for accuracy and content. My Bad.

What I attempted to share was the "DIFFERENCE" before and after the install. A slight gain in the overall feel of torque and power after installation of the Throttle Body. Is that better?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 11:13:44 PM by kona76 »

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 05:11:33 PM »

Kona;
[highlight]Was the only change the Throttle body? Do you have a before Dyno Run?
[/highlight]

Yes, this mod was installed seperate and then dyno tuned. The link to my baseline dyno run is under the title "My First Dyno Tune".

http://flhrsei.org/yabb2/Attachments/DynoTuneCVO51206.jpg

I hope this answers the question. It did for me.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 07:31:40 PM by kona76 »

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 07:48:59 AM »

Installed the a 51MM Throttle Body for Screamin' Eagle 103 today. The Dyno Tuner said the slight increase in Horse Power and Torque are easily felt before and after installation.

Sorry, still confused on effect of changing TB, did HP increase from 89 to 99 (or 102 on 5/27 dyno sheet) and TQ from 93 to 105 as a result of changing tp 50 mm TB?
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 11:09:28 AM »

I think if I am reading it correctly, it looks like the orginal dyno run was with a 50mm SE T/B at 105 tq. and 99 hp.  Then switched to a 51mm HP Inc. T/B and got the readings at the top?  Yes, no, maybe,  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 05:27:33 PM »

I think if I am reading it correctly, it looks like the orginal dyno run was with a 50mm SE T/B at 105 tq. and 99 hp.  [highlight]Then switched to a 51mm HP Inc. T/B and got the readings at the top?  Yes, no, maybe, [/highlight] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[highlight]Yes[/highlight], sorry for the confusion. the data from 5/12/06 are the results before the Throttle Body was installed. As I look at it now, the horsepower gain of +2.92 and loss of -.14 of torque are due to the effects of the Horsepower Inc Throttle Body install, and of course the enviromental conditions.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 05:35:40 PM by kona76 »

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 05:32:43 PM »

[highlight]Sorry, still confused on effect of changing TB, did HP increase from 89 to 99 (or 102 on 5/27 dyno sheet) and TQ from 93 to 105 as a result of changing tp 50 mm TB?
[/highlight]

The HP increase from 89.63 to 99.53 and TQ from 93.57 to 105.64 is from the baseline dyno tune ran 5/12/06 after the SERT was installed. The TB install gave me an increase of 2.92 HP and a fractional loss of Torque @ -.14.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 05:34:03 PM by kona76 »

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.