Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lee Park deer tour PCI  (Read 4589 times)

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2016 SE Streetglide
Lee Park deer tour PCI
« on: October 31, 2016, 10:29:44 PM »

Just ordered a set of these in black today, $149 free shipping no discounts but sounds like they will be worth it for cooler weather riding. Does anybody own these gloves? All the reviews I read where quite favorable. I will update with my own review after riding with them for a while. I'm in NH so I will put there cold weather riding capabilities to the test. According to there website and reviews they should do just what I want and work really well with my heated grips😄.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Lee Park deer tour PCI
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 10:35:42 PM »

I have the tour and the summer  gloves.  Great products.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 08:54:33 AM »

They are very nice gloves, feel like you don't have a glove on. But I quit wearing mine and then sold them after discovering Held gloves. Pricing is a little more for the Held's but they offer very superior protection and are much better in the hot weather. If you live where it is hot try the Held Air Stream II, closest thing protection wise to a race glove, but offer lots of air flow. Never ride without gloves and for me Held is the only choice.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 11:56:10 PM »

They are very nice gloves, feel like you don't have a glove on. But I quit wearing mine and then sold them after discovering Held gloves. Pricing is a little more for the Held's but they offer very superior protection and are much better in the hot weather. If you live where it is hot try the Held Air Stream II, closest thing protection wise to a race glove, but offer lots of air flow. Never ride without gloves and for me Held is the only choice.
Every pair of gloves I own are Held other than my heated Warm and Safe's. Love them
Alan

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 12:21:45 AM »

I looked at their website. Impressive!

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 06:18:01 PM »

I have never been able to find a discount on HELD products but Revzilla price is equal to lowest I can find and they offer free shipping and have some kind of free return if they don't fit. I have never explored the what if? they don't fit policy but I know they have one as does Motorcyclegear.com.
I am currently wearing a pair of Air Stream I that are 4 years old and I use them 10-11 months a year. They are just now getting worn where you pull them on. Good product.

FreestateSE3

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE Convertible
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 06:14:48 PM »

I have been riding with the Lee Parks tan deerskin gloves for several years.  They are my 3 season gloves, and generally last for a couple of years. Nice product!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:27:57 PM by FreestateSE3 »
Don
Rolling Thunder, Inc.
Virginia Chapter 1
"Never Again"

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 06:27:07 PM »

Nice FreestateSE3. Mine came in today and seem really comfortable. The width in the had area seems a litle tight but I'm guessing that will stretch out over time and be perfect.

FreestateSE3

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE Convertible
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 06:27:00 PM »

Nice FreestateSE3. Mine came in today and seem really comfortable. The width in the had area seems a litle tight but I'm guessing that will stretch out over time and be perfect.

You are correct, Sir- they will stretch as you wear them.
Don
Rolling Thunder, Inc.
Virginia Chapter 1
"Never Again"

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 09:55:03 PM »

Quick update. These gloves are super nice. They transfer heat from my grips to the entire hand, they are very light weight and feel really close to a non insulated glove. So far I am super happy with my new gloves.

ultrarider123

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »

I realize this topic has some time under it's belt and it's been over 8 months since the last post.  However, that post was by the OP so I'm hoping 1RK that you are still watching.  I'm investigating the Lee Park brand gloves and am about ready to purchase.  How have yours help up and are you still happy with the purchase?

Greg, you noted having the Lee Park gloves, too.  Still like them?

Don, I looked at the Held gloves website and was impressed but I'm still leaning toward toward these in the Lee Park family: http://leeparksdesign.com/deersports-pci/

As I'm getting older, my hands are getting more sensitive to the cold (they've been my Achilles heel in cold weather...damaged them in a cold ride years ago) and my current 30 degree or colder gloves are not working well with the heated grips.  I refuse to go electric gloves since I'm good with everything else I have cold weather gear wise and it ain't electric.  These Lee Parks look to be designed (and built in the USA) specifically for heated grips.

Thanks for any updates guys..... :)

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 03:32:21 PM »

I realize this topic has some time under it's belt and it's been over 8 months since the last post.  However, that post was by the OP so I'm hoping 1RK that you are still watching.  I'm investigating the Lee Park brand gloves and am about ready to purchase.  How have yours help up and are you still happy with the purchase?

Greg, you noted having the Lee Park gloves, too.  Still like them?

Don, I looked at the Held gloves website and was impressed but I'm still leaning toward toward these in the Lee Park family: http://leeparksdesign.com/deersports-pci/

As I'm getting older, my hands are getting more sensitive to the cold (they've been my Achilles heel in cold weather...damaged them in a cold ride years ago) and my current 30 degree or colder gloves are not working well with the heated grips.  I refuse to go electric gloves since I'm good with everything else I have cold weather gear wise and it ain't electric.  These Lee Parks look to be designed (and built in the USA) specifically for heated grips.

Thanks for any updates guys..... :)   

Yes, still have and like both. Caveat:  They are not waterproof even though I've treated them and they are thus water resistant. Returned from Vegas a year ago in a cold rain storm. After about 70 miles they were soaked. I bought a pair of water proof Klim gloves in case I run into that again. Have not used them yet. BTW, with heated grips, the summer gloves are fine 95% of the time in Southern California.

Sawyer Brown

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 09:21:16 PM »

Still loving the gloves they are perfect with heated grips and super comfortable. I would by them again in a heartbeat.

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.