Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thoughts on Mustang Seat Types  (Read 4729 times)

Wildcat

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Thoughts on Mustang Seat Types
« on: March 30, 2007, 08:24:42 AM »

Has anyone added a Mustang seat to an FLHRSE3 and more importantly was it the "sport touring" or the "touring". I am OK with the stock seat, but there is no way the wife is going to ride any distance on the back - So I thought I would get a second seat for the long rides (kinda like the bigger windshield). Mustang sells a "sport touringt" that looks closer to the stock and the "touring" which is a little bigger and looks well like a touring seat. Any thoughts would be helpful.
"Live Free or Die, Death is not the worst of Evils"

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: Thoughts on Mustang Seat Types
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 09:23:21 AM »

I have the larger dual touring Mustang seat on my flhrsei2. Rider goes forward a bit and up 1/2 to 1 inch.  Passenger gets a little more room front to back and a lot more room side to side.  Wife is very happy which makes me very happy.   
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 11:56:07 AM »

Has anyone added a Mustang seat to an FLHRSE3 and more importantly was it the "sport touring" or the "touring". I am OK with the stock seat, but there is no way the wife is going to ride any distance on the back - So I thought I would get a second seat for the long rides (kinda like the bigger windshield). Mustang sells a "sport touringt" that looks closer to the stock and the "touring" which is a little bigger and looks well like a touring seat. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Wildcat,
I have the following two piece Mustang seat for sale posted on 10/15/06
I had about less than 1000 miles.  I would put it on the SERK, but the it has the black studs.  I'll make you a goiod deal.  The rear seat has never been sat upon.  With this set up you can ride it as a solo seat and add the Motherwell solo luggare rack or leather bid behind it. 

Mustang Black studded solo seat 75578 and the matching wide passenger pad 75579.  I bought this combo this year and it has 1000 miles on it.  I went crazy and bought the 2007 SERK. Both are mint.
Here's what it fits: (from mustangseats.com)

Road King, Road King Classic '97-up & FLHT/FLTR/FLHR Screamin' Eagle 1997-05 & FLHX Street Glide 2006

The seat retails for $289 and the pad $190.  You can get both for $289 or BRO plus about $25 shipping.
PM if interested.  This is the same seat that one member put on his black 2007 SERK.

Any day on the bike is a good day.

Wildcat

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 08:45:56 PM »

SKREMINEGUL07,
Thanks for the offer, but I would be looking for a one piece without studs. I like the looks of plain better and plan to have a guy I know reproduce flame on seat. Congrads on the 2007 SERK. I am just up the road a piece in Hudson NH, maybe we will see you on the road or at Laconia come summer.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 12:23:18 PM »

SKREMINEGUL07,
Thanks for the offer, but I would be looking for a one piece without studs. I like the looks of plain better and plan to have a guy I know reproduce flame on seat. Congrads on the 2007 SERK. I am just up the road a piece in Hudson NH, maybe we will see you on the road or at Laconia come summer.

Definitely!  Myrtle Beach, then Laconia.
What dealer did you buy from, Billerica? Nashua?  Manchester?

Wildcat

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 06:11:31 PM »

SKREMINEGUL07,
I got the bike at Heritage in Concord. They were great to deal with and could get me on in Razor Red . I have a place up near Laconia so I am always going back and forth so its convenient as well. With the snow thats falling outside Myrtle Beach sounds great right now.  I am glad a was able to get out a couple times over the last few weeks.
I have pretty much decided to go for the bigger Touring Mustang, I mean the reason I am getting the seat if for the comfort and I had one that I liked a lot on another bike. Also the passenger area is bigger which I am sure will be appreciate by the wife.  Ride safe.

BartManSr

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 11:12:17 PM »

SKREMINEGUL07,

What's the model number of the Mustang touring seat that you got?

Thanks

Wildcat

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 08:00:27 AM »

I ended up with a 75877 which I got last week. Its a little short near the tank but other than that looks good on the bike. It is comfortable but it sits you up a about an 1 1/2 inches higher. The wife hasn't tries it yet, but the passenger pad is huge. There is a little too much padding on the sides of the seat in the front of the driver's saddle for me, but I know a guy near here that can trim that down a little. I bought my other one direct from Mustang and paid list, this one a got from West End MotorSports online for 386 with no shipping charge.
I still would like to find out how a the Sport Tour would ride which is model number 75858... who knows maybe I'll get another one and have three seats !

PS - Count on spending a couple hundred more for taller backrest as the touring seat won't work with the stock one - the cushion is too tall. I went with a tall backrest, I'll let you know who the wife like its next time out.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 09:15:19 AM »

SKREMINEGUL07,

What's the model number of the Mustang touring seat that you got?

Thanks

Mustang Black studded solo seat 75578 and the matching wide passenger pad 75579.  I bought this combo this year and it has 1000 miles on it.  I went crazy and bought the 2007 SERK. Both are mint.
Here's what it fits: (from mustangseats.com)

Road King, Road King Classic '97-up & FLHT/FLTR/FLHR Screamin' Eagle 1997-05 & FLHX Street Glide 2006

I like to ride with just the solo seat and then I used the motherwell chrome rack behind it for a cool look.  One screw removes the chrome rack and you slip on the passenger pad when you need it.  You can ride without anything and show off the paint.  When the paint gets wrecked from the full size seat, you can get a fender bid from Mustang to hide it. 
Lots of options.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 09:26:39 AM »

I ended up with a 75877 which I got last week. Its a little short near the tank but other than that looks good on the bike. It is comfortable but it sits you up a about an 1 1/2 inches higher. The wife hasn't tries it yet, but the passenger pad is huge. There is a little too much padding on the sides of the seat in the front of the driver's saddle for me, but I know a guy near here that can trim that down a little. I bought my other one direct from Mustang and paid list, this one a got from West End MotorSports online for 386 with no shipping charge.
I still would like to find out how a the Sport Tour would ride which is model number 75858... who knows maybe I'll get another one and have three seats !

PS - Count on spending a couple hundred more for taller backrest as the touring seat won't work with the stock one - the cushion is too tall. I went with a tall backrest, I'll let you know who the wife like its next time out.

The 75877 is shorter because it is for A fLHRS RK Custom.  The FLHRS custom has the chrome tank console that is much longer and needs a shorter seat.  The SERK uses the FLHR version.   Slight difference. 

Wildcat

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 10:47:53 AM »

Does that mean I should have gotten the seat for the regular Road King ?

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 04:15:35 PM »

Does that mean I should have gotten the seat for the regular Road King ?

That's what it looks like.  When I was buying the seat for my 04 FLHRCI with the addition of the RK Custome dash, I called Mustang to discuss this and found that the seat for the custom is shorter for the console.  I borrowed the same seat from a buddy with a FLHR and found it fit with a little bend of the front tab.  The two seats are close in size.

:coolblue:

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 21 queries.