Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: New Map For SEFLHRi2 & Pics of Dyno Paperwork  (Read 7794 times)

VegasFireman

New Map For SEFLHRi2 & Pics of Dyno Paperwork
« on: December 17, 2003, 03:01:22 PM »

I have my final map to upload for my SERK.

Note..If you want the map, looks like you will have to send me an e-mail..The system won't accept it.

This map is very close to the stock map that comes with the Racers Tuners Kit.

I went to Harley for a back tire and wanted the tune checked on their dyno. They just opened the HD store in a different location and have a brand new Dyno Jet.

One of the conditions on the test was that I be there and allowed to observe so I can have input incase we made any adjustments to the map.

Bike is a Stock , 04 SERK with HD Air Filter added and Samon Bone Shaker Pipes.

When the tech got the bike, he was very nice, however he did everything but laugh at my pipes. Saying these are not performance pipes, the reading would be all over the place with these pipes, etc.

Boy was he, and I suprised. (I knew the bike was runing strong, but did not realize how good the curve would be.)

Conditions for the test were

Temp 72.17 F
Bar 28.13 in-HG
SAE 1.04

Results of the test were, Best 2 runs.

Run 5: Max Power 96.52 Max Torque 98.97
Run 6: Max Power 94.63 Max Torque 99.58

The best I have ever heard for one of these bikes stock with AF and exhaust was 106hp. I have heard nothing on the torque. It was also said, 3rd party, not proven, as I never seen the paperwork from the dyno.

The Air/Fuel Ratio stayed about 13.2 after the inital roll on. The inital roll on A/F ratio was about 13.8 then leaned out.

The power curve was very even with no weird burps.

The Harley tech was very suprised to say the least by the results and did not feel he could make this any better.

He did say from now on I'm going to keep my mouth shut til I get it on the dyno

We think the reason the engine performed well was the CI is over 100. This is also what Samson told me when I bought the pipes.

Pics of the dyno paper work and pipes:

If you want the map, looks like you will have to send me an e-mail..The system won't accept it.
Once you know that your going to die on your bike and accept that fact, only then can you truly enjoy the ride. --Me

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: New Map For SEFLHRi2 & Pics of Dyno Paperwork
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 09:40:50 AM »

Those numbers seem to be resonable, based on the dyno sheets that I've saw on these boards.  What altitude was the dyno done at?  That has a lot to do with it, too.

Those pipes leave a whole lot to be desired.  People worried about the looks of going from a dual to a single......how about going from a dual to a quarter length.  I'm curious what other responses will be to that exhaust.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 09:49:24 AM »

visualy, those pipes dont do it for me. maybe on a stripped down rigid choper but not on a bagger, just my opinion though. as long as VegasFireman likes thats what counts. it makes it one the more unique looking SERKs i have ever seen  :o
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

VegasFireman

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 10:25:10 AM »

Those numbers seem to be resonable, based on the dyno sheets that I've saw on these boards.
Once you know that your going to die on your bike and accept that fact, only then can you truly enjoy the ride. --Me

VegasFireman

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 11:03:01 AM »

visualy, those pipes dont do it for me. maybe on a stripped down rigid choper but not on a bagger, just my opinion though. as long as VegasFireman likes thats what counts. it makes it one the more unique looking SERKs i have ever seen

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 09:26:34 PM »

Vegas thanks for gettin back so quick.

I'm not knockin your exhaust or bike, for that matter (nor did I read that in Naitram's post) just sayin that it's not my style.  I run with a 2 into 1 on a bagger and most bagger owners don't agree with that look, either.  That's fine, it's what I like and not a problem for me.

1,500 ft??  I'd like to see your dyno numbers (so would you) at or near sea level.  There would be a significant difference.

I've yet to see exhaust comparisons in a controlled environment, on the dyno, for the 103" motor.  I've already sent a letter to two of the magazines that I subscribe to, asking them to do it.  I've also sent an email to Vance & Hines to confirm or deny what somebody told you.

I hope that you guys are contacting the magazines that you subscribe to, asking for an exhaust shoot out on the dyno, for the 103" motor.  The facts, nothing but the facts sir. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

VegasFireman

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 11:50:05 PM »

Vegas thanks for gettin back so quick.

I'm not knockin your exhaust or bike, for that matter (nor did I read that in Naitram's post) just sayin that it's not my style.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2003, 01:42:15 AM »

By the way, thought I should say that I've wrote to American Rider and American Iron to ask them to do a dyno exhaust shootout on the 103".

So you guys can pick one of the other magazines to write to.

West Coast GTG   

VegasFireman

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2003, 10:28:47 AM »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2003, 01:54:41 PM »

Vegas thanks again for the follow up here.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 01:56:26 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

VegasFireman

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2003, 09:33:54 PM »

Sounds like a great idea :)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2003, 04:59:21 PM »

By the way, thought I should say that I've wrote to American Rider and American Iron to ask them to do a dyno exhaust shootout on the 103".

So you guys can pick one of the other magazines to write to.

I also just wrote to "Hot Rod Bikes" magazine.  I subscribe to too many.  Somebody else here needs to help carry this load.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2003, 01:37:09 PM »

I got two responses back this morning, already.  One from Buzz Buzzelli (editor of American Rider magazine) and he thought that it was a very good question and forwarded it on to Joe Minton (AR's Tech. go to guy).  He also made a couple other suggestions that I will follow up on.

I got another response from Dusty Schaller at Dynojet.  I will refrain from posting his response untill I get clarification from Vegas Fireman on his statement.

West Coast GTG   

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2003, 02:03:38 PM »

City of Henderson -- Quick Facts
Quick facts regarding the city of Henderson

Henderson is one of the younger cities of the modern dynamic Southwest, located in the southern tip of Nevada. It is situated on level, desert terrain, midway between Boulder City and Las Vegas at an elevation of 1940 feet.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2003, 02:26:38 PM »

City of Henderson -- Quick Facts
Quick facts regarding the city of Henderson

Henderson is one of the younger cities of the modern dynamic Southwest, located in the southern tip of Nevada. It is situated on level, desert terrain, midway between Boulder City and Las Vegas at an elevation of 1940 feet.

Cabo have you been hittin the jug again??  What are you talking about??  We know, Hendersen is like a suburb of Las Vegas (I was there last week), but what does that have to do with this thread??

West Coast GTG   
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 24 queries.