Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In the driveway...  (Read 2508 times)

leoindc

• Rolling Thunder
In the driveway...
« on: May 18, 2003, 07:31:43 PM »

1985 FLHTC Tan & Creme
1995 FLHR Rolling Thunder custom
2000 FLTRSEI Triple Red
2003 FLHRSEI2
2005 Swift Bar Chopper CSF

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: In the driveway...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 08:39:49 AM »

looks good [smiley=beerchug.gif], but what happened to the passenger backrest ???
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

leoindc

• Rolling Thunder
Re: In the driveway...
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 05:25:38 PM »

Ah yes, the backrest(s). It was my feeling that the backrest(s) detracted from the wonderful rear-sloping profile of the Screamin' Eagle bikes - especially so with their respective Tour-Paks and fishing pole-sized antennas removed. Also, the stock seats have quite nice rider 'pockets' happening and the removal of the rider's backrests really shows that off.

At the same time, with a 'naked' detachable passenger backrest, you get a 'mini sissybar' sense. After removing the backrest pad, flip the stock chrome bracket around to the front. In it's place, I installed the Billet Passenger Backrest Mount and end up with what you see in the picture.

With the annual Rolling Thunder Ride To The Wall event just hours away, it makes for a superb double-flag mounting point utilizing Harley's Sissybar Flag Mount Kits. (NOTE: On my FLTRSEI, I would utilize the trunk mount flag poles designed for hard saddlebags or Tour-Pak/glass mounting but invariably this ends up causing varying degrees of paint scuffing/damage. I always hated that and while spending a couple of hours rubbing out last years' scuffing, I came up with this alternative since both models utilize the same backrest arrangement).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 04:20:40 AM by leoindc »
1985 FLHTC Tan & Creme
1995 FLHR Rolling Thunder custom
2000 FLTRSEI Triple Red
2003 FLHRSEI2
2005 Swift Bar Chopper CSF

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 24 queries.