Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Air Cleaner Cover  (Read 6254 times)

REGGAB

Re: Air Cleaner Cover
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 10:17:32 PM »

Henry,
Great choice :2vrolijk_21: ...

You know there is a horn cover to match, and a 103 medalion will fit on it too. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I think so, Gary.  I always liked that cover.  Had one on my softail along with the matching horn cover.  I ordered the matching horn cover this time as well as indicated in my earlier post.  Is the 103 medallion a sticker that fits into a blank, which fits into the screw recess on the A/C cover.....just like the TC88 medallion?  If so, I'll just order another 103 medallion to get the sticker for the horn cover.  Pretty cheap at $25.44 for the 103 medallion.  Paid $149.68 for the Air Wing A/C Cover and $36.76 for the Air Wing Horn Cover.  Also ordered the Saddlebag Lid Organizers for $65.36 and the Fairing Lower Glove Box Liners for $23.96.

Henry

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 12:02:47 AM »

I think so, Gary.  I always liked that cover.  Had one on my softail along with the matching horn cover.  I ordered the matching horn cover this time as well as indicated in my earlier post.  Is the 103 medallion a sticker that fits into a blank, which fits into the screw recess on the A/C cover.....just like the TC88 medallion?  If so, I'll just order another 103 medallion to get the sticker for the horn cover.  Pretty cheap at $25.44 for the 103 medallion.  Paid $149.68 for the Air Wing A/C Cover and $36.76 for the Air Wing Horn Cover.  Also ordered the Saddlebag Lid Organizers for $65.36 and the Fairing Lower Glove Box Liners for $23.96.

Henry
It's a heavy metal medallion that has the insert that you can stick it into to fit in the A/C cover, or just use the metal sticker to put into the horn cover. If that makes sense. You'll see when you get it how it works.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 05:54:12 AM »

Roger.  Got it.  Your words tell me all I need to know.  Thx.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 12:27:49 PM »

Could be completely mistaken Henry but thought I remembered a hard rubber "gasket" on some applications.  Made for  complete mate of the filter to the cover and took the flex out.

A different application but on mine I had to do a bit when I started using the SERK style air cleaner cover.  It comes out of the box with a thick (.375" or so if I remember right) spot welded on the inside of the housing.  The cover was that far out from the filter.  So only contact was at the center and it would have rocked back and forth.

Simply took the Dremel to the spot welds and lost the spacer. Then contact at the center and the outside diameter.  No more wiggle nor rock and roll.

Twolane,
I was going to remove that welded in spacer, but it looked to me that it was an after thought because the cover would hit the two mounting posts of the backing plate.  Does your SE cover hit the backing plate at the breather bolts now that the spacer and gasket are removed?

Thanks
Any day on the bike is a good day.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 03:52:07 PM »

Doesn't HD have a part number for a gasket that goes around the OD of the air filter to make contact there.  Keeps the housing from rocking back and forth on the center.
Don,
This was from Jerry's (GRC) "roll your own" thread by FR8TRN:
Try ordering up 29591-99 and adding it to the top of the filter......this'll move the cover away a bit more and allow you to "tighten" up the bolt instead of bottom it out......the cover will start moving after a while....mine did......but only with the K&N Filter, never moved with the SE Air Filter with the original kit.......that gasket you put on the filter isn't thick enough for our chrome cover.....this is just a thicker gasket that HD sells.
 I think this is the one you are referring to. john

Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 03:57:04 PM »

Twolane,
I was going to remove that welded in spacer, but it looked to me that it was an after thought because the cover would hit the two mounting posts of the backing plate.  Does your SE cover hit the backing plate at the breather bolts now that the spacer and gasket are removed?

Thanks

Mine doesn't.  But it's not the right comparison.  Different backing plate here without the mount horns.

REGGAB

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 11:28:16 PM »

New K&N HD-0800 air filter arrived.  Still waiting on the new air cleaner cover and other stuff.  Really would like to ride, but having found that crack, just don't feel comfortable riding with something that might break.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 24 queries.