Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Live Wire in the news  (Read 13380 times)

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
Re: Live Wire in the news
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2019, 08:26:40 AM »

Maybe HD should install pedals like a bicycle. That way if your battery goes dead, you will be able to pedal your way home to re charge. Ooops. You cannot recharge it at home.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2019, 04:13:31 PM »

Local dealership called me yesterday, the fella goes by the name Crash, sounds like the guy to let test ride your bike after service.
 He wanted to let me know they are having an open house this Saturday and wanted to set up a time for me to test ride a new bike and wondered if the LiveWire was of any interest to me. I asked if the charging problem was fixed or not, he said no but the bike can be recharged at the dealership. I than asked when it was projected to be fixed and his response was,
 " It is fine, the concern was battery temp while being recharged at home and the they will start to release the bikes sold when they have the charging system perfect as they have with other bikes and problems they had, being it has the H-D name on it."
I had to pull the phone away from my face cause I was laughing.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2019, 08:40:18 PM »

Guys were standing in line to test ride a Livewire @ Biketoberfest yesterday. I have to admit, They look cool. Not something I need, it just wouldn't work based on distance for me. We recently bought a new car and a neighbor wanted to know if I was spending that much money why didn't I buy a Tesla? I told him there were time I wanted to actually leave the state and a Tesla wouldn't allow that without a charge. He thought Tesla had a gasoline motor to recharge the battery when needed.

ParadigmGuy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2019, 09:11:44 PM »

Guys were standing in line to test ride a Livewire @ Biketoberfest yesterday. I have to admit, They look cool. Not something I need, it just wouldn't work based on distance for me. We recently bought a new car and a neighbor wanted to know if I was spending that much money why didn't I buy a Tesla? I told him there were time I wanted to actually leave the state and a Tesla wouldn't allow that without a charge. He thought Tesla had a gasoline motor to recharge the battery when needed.

I use my Tesla for road trips often. Stopping to charge isn't bad, at all. It gives us a little time to get out and stretch our legs every few hours, and maybe grab a bite to eat.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2019, 10:44:19 PM »

We stayed at a Best Western in Missoula for a couple days this summer.
They have a charging station there, we saw 2 Tesla's towed to it for recharging 1 day and 1 dropped off the next.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2019, 10:59:19 AM »

So as I understand it, you can ride your VERY limited range HD Livewire to the dealership to charge? So by the time you back home, you have just enough charge left to return to the dealer to recharge again? What a joke.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2019, 11:54:17 AM »

"Harley-Davidson has resumed production and deliveries of its electric LiveWire motorcycle after determining an issue with charging was isolated to a single vehicle."

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/18/harley-davidson-has-resumed-production-of-the-livewire/

Huh?

ultrarider123

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2019, 01:38:33 PM »

"Harley-Davidson has resumed production and deliveries of its electric LiveWire motorcycle after determining an issue with charging was isolated to a single vehicle."

Well, so much for "they all do that"... ;D :huepfenjump3: :nervous: :huepfenlol2: :bananarock:

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2019, 04:27:28 PM »

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/18/harley-davidson-has-resumed-production-of-the-livewire/

Huh?

Hmmmmmm :D :D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2019, 07:32:43 AM »

Huh?

Nothing like a QA department over reaction & shutting down production to get you some buyer remorse and nervousness in the marketplace.  Bad juju.

A guess which is just a guess is that HD encountered this charging problem somewhere during the testing phase.  Another guess is some (many?) potential LW buyers have reconsidered because they do not wish to risk burning down their garages while the battery bike is on charge.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

J.D.

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2019, 09:12:41 AM »

Isolated to a single vehicle.  LOL.  Nice spin in an effort to control chaos.  More like isolated to a single vehicle cause they only tested one.  Probably had to flash them all with a software update.

Smoketown

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2019, 11:38:08 AM »

Well, so much for "they all do that"... ;D :huepfenjump3: :nervous: :huepfenlol2: :bananarock:

You forgot the ... "It's NORMAL", ... part.   ;)

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2019, 11:44:04 AM »

Maybe they have only sold one LiveWire.  At that point it would be a 100% failure of the charging station.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

ultrarider123

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2019, 06:56:25 AM »

Interesting quote from that article, Greg:

"We take pride in our rigorous quality assurance measures and our drive to deliver the world’s best motorcycles."

Maybe they need to tattoo that on every line worker, QA/QC inspector, manager and customer service rep... ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 25 queries.