Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: A LITTLE GUN CONTROL HISTORY  (Read 5747 times)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: A LITTLE GUN CONTROL HISTORY
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2008, 09:14:43 AM »

when i had my small buisness i'd go into the post office in the morning, its illigale to carry in a PO... but i wasnt gpoing to take it off and leave it in my truck  :nixweiss:

My friend is a FFL and Mass Firearms dealer.  He investigated this exact situation.  You are allowed to carry into a PO if its for offical business (not just a dealer). In other words, if you are going in to commit a crime, its another Federal law they can charge you with, that's all. 

Another note: When I had to mail my P-14 to be repaired under warranty, I walked in to the PO and declared it and sent it. And yes, it is legal to mail a gun to be repaired and it can be mailed back. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2008, 09:19:16 AM »

Watch carefully what happens with upcoming session in the Supreme Court

This has the ability to effect every gun owner in America!

Washington DC Vs Heller

As I understand it NRA Platform (and the republican platform) has always taken the verbage "the individuals right to

bear arms" was to take it literally, meaning the Individual (person) has the right to bear arms.

It looks like the Justice Dept is backing off that premise and interpreting the individual in a broader sense (like Militia)

this would undermine the 2nd amendment as I understand it and it is throwing the NRA under the bus and every

other gun carrying person also!  I am not sure why the administration is allowing this to take place but it is!

Call your representatives and let them know how you feel........or turn in your guns!

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=24582&keywords=heller

watch out!

The NRA Freedom magazine clearly states that this even if it goes our way, will not be that widespread as far as setting precedent.
the Supreme court agreed to decide three very distinct issues here to avoid a general finding regarding handgun ownership and self defense in the home.
More importantly, the San Francisco ban on handguns was ruled unconstitutional at the lower court level.  This is the second time in 20-30 years that SF has attempted this ban.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2008, 09:23:16 AM »

i've always wondered myself, cause i pack almost everywhere. how local laws can trump the state or federal regulations.
in SC you can do the same in posting signs on the door, but most that do are not in compliance with the signage. :nixweiss:

they just want us in the system, one way or another.

i recently by mail applied for a new hampshire cwp which reciprocates with my adjoining state cause i live close to a state line.

and i'm sure the criminals aren't worried bout the gun laws.

TN

I live in Mass and have had the NH for 20+ years.  As a matter of fact, the NH permit was plastic like a DL and Mass was this laminated paper POC that looked homemade.

In Texas, a shall issue state, those laws allowing a business to put up the sign, they will allow you to leave without prsecution if found to be carrying, in other words, you get a warning, not arrested unless you refuse to leave.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 09:28:40 AM »

The issue is with the 'concealed carry permit'.....if you don't abide by the 'rules' under which it is issued, they will take it away and you will then be ineligible to 'legally' carry.  It's the ole 'privilage' deal......like a drivers license.  Not a 'right' as we all wish it were.  :-[ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2008, 12:25:58 PM »

In the People's Republic of Mass., you need a carry permit, but cannot carry openly under any circumstances.  It must be concealed.  The most ridiculous: we have CWP for high capacity firearms and non high capacity firearms.  BTW , Massholes redefined firearm to mean handgun.  In Mass, a rifle is not a firearm. Also, all the lifetime Firearms ID cards (for long guns) EXPIRED.

:beatdeadhorse:

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 01:25:48 PM »

Someone mentioned militia. Ok try starting up a militia. The first thing that happens is you end up on a the terror watch list, hope you were not planning on taking any airplanes anytime soon, militia membership will get you on the no fly list for sure. There are no more militias, just homegrown terror cells the way these guys look at things these days.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2008, 10:08:06 PM »

interesting...mmm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.