Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 2012 bikes  (Read 12598 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: 2012 bikes
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2011, 12:54:15 PM »

Yeah, I remember the local cops riding them downtown and using a piece of chalk on a stick to mark the cars tires as they rode down the line of parked cars so they could come back in a hour or whatever and see if any cars were still parked with the chalk mark on the tires indicating that they had violated the 1 hour parking limit (or whatever it was) and then giving them a parking ticket.  I remember that some were really adept at marking them at a pretty good clip.  Practice makes perfect in anything.  har.  spyder

Yeah, Spydy...that was back when you could go downtown in B'ham without fear of being knocked over the head or shot.  It's better than it was a few years ago in most parts, but there's still places I don't want to be when the sun goes down.

Cool looking Red Servicar though...probably not many of them left.

I think Don's been talking to the Pool Boy's third cousin again... :huepfenlol2:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

harley56

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 FLHTCSE
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2011, 04:29:32 PM »

Changing launch/delivery?  How?  Suggestion of change based on what or who? 

I know, for one, dealers have been requesting this.  If you walk into a dealership right now you will see many dealers with their lowest inventories of new Harley's for the year.  This happens at the end of every model year as no manufacturer wants their dealers to have a large carryover of prior year models - Harley closely watches projected model year ending inventory.  Based on this, dealers are having their peak selling season suffer due to limited inventory and buyers are finding limited selection.  Harley has been listening to this for a while now.  Couple of challenges given by Harley in the past for not moving the launch are.........One of the highlights for Harley surrounding it's presence at Sturgis has been the ability to let so many riders see and ride the new model year bikes and they don't want to lose that excitement.  Two, Harley has to plan out a few years in advance to book the necessary location for their annual Summer Dealer Meeting which has typically included the first showing of the new year motorcycles.   

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »

Ohhhhh, nice one.  Red too, Don will get all hot  & bothered if he see's this one.  What's that apparatus on the handlebar?   spyder

That ol' thing?  Oh, it's a 'coon tail!   :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.