Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47

Author Topic: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES  (Read 177845 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES
« Reply #300 on: August 19, 2013, 12:15:12 PM »

On the Limited/Ultra:  I may have missed it in previous posts, but it appears as if all navigation options are gone - built in and/or Zumo.  Good to see the comfort improvements for passengers, standard LEDs, ventilation improvements.  Hate the new colors - red is not tooo bad.  Just curious... since they don't call this an Ultra, will it be considered a new model, or will it be designated a FLHTCUSE9?

NAV is built into the new radio, much like many cars now.  How well it FUNCTIONS, compared to a Garmin, is another question.  I have a LARGE display in my cage, with build in NAV, and I've been in other vehicles with similar systems, and they are NOT the same as a Garmin.

Another upside to the new radio is SIRIUSXM...no more of having to have one subscription for the cage and one for the bike.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #301 on: August 19, 2013, 12:22:55 PM »

Overall I am impressed with the new CVO Limited from a style/form standpoint, time will tell if function follows. It is also impressive that they were able to add the components for cooling and the overall running weight increase was only 10 pounds or so over 2013 SEUC. Not wild about the colors but I'm not in the market for a while anyway. Anxious to see one and hear the reviews though.

Was also surprised at the affordability of the Deluxe. If I were to add another bike I would definitely consider one of those. Classic, nostalgic styling but I like laced spokes on a bike like that more than the chrome wheels but that's just me.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #302 on: August 19, 2013, 12:59:45 PM »

NAV is built into the new radio, much like many cars now.  How well it FUNCTIONS, compared to a Garmin, is another question.  I have a LARGE display in my cage, with build in NAV, and I've been in other vehicles with similar systems, and they are NOT the same as a Garmin.

Another upside to the new radio is SIRIUSXM...no more of having to have one subscription for the cage and one for the bike.
Why wouldn't you have to add this bike's as a subscription add'l. to your car?
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #303 on: August 19, 2013, 01:23:02 PM »

Why wouldn't you have to add this bike's as a subscription add'l. to your car?

You would, Spyd, but where before you had to have a subscription for XM on the bike, and most cars now come with SiriusXM, and even though the two companies merged a few years ago, XM and SiriusXM are not the same animal with regards to subscriptions.  So, you got no combined subscription discount...now you will.   :2vrolijk_21:

Pure XM will eventually fade away...

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #304 on: August 19, 2013, 01:37:50 PM »

You would, Spyd, but where before you had to have a subscription for XM on the bike, and most cars now come with SiriusXM, and even though the two companies merged a few years ago, XM and SiriusXM are not the same animal with regards to subscriptions.  So, you got no combined subscription discount...now you will.   :2vrolijk_21:

Pure XM will eventually fade away...
I didn't realize the subscriptions didn't co-exist......guess it's because I bought the lifetime subscriptions.  :-\ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #305 on: August 19, 2013, 01:59:29 PM »

Overall I am impressed with the new CVO Limited from a style/form standpoint, time will tell if function follows. It is also impressive that they were able to add the components for cooling and the overall running weight increase was only 10 pounds or so over 2013 SEUC. Not wild about the colors but I'm not in the market for a while anyway. Anxious to see one and hear the reviews though.

Was also surprised at the affordability of the Deluxe. If I were to add another bike I would definitely consider one of those. Classic, nostalgic styling but I like laced spokes on a bike like that more than the chrome wheels but that's just me.

X2  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #306 on: August 19, 2013, 02:13:49 PM »

Just saw the new Ultra Limited in person.

Fairing is very nice with the vent on top. (Adjustable).

Side bags got a new locking mechanism. Tour pack looks sleek   

Coolers nicely integrated in the lowers. (Looks like it will be a challenge to keep our legs cool)

GPS and radio is VERY nice with blue tooth and a pocket for the iPhone with connectors in the dash.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #307 on: August 19, 2013, 02:26:10 PM »

where is the phone pocket?

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #308 on: August 19, 2013, 02:48:38 PM »

There's a radiator in each lower. They actually did a pretty good job with the radiators and venting from a form point of view...how they, and the rest of the water system  remains to be seen.

Be much easier to tell whether it's the Screamin' radiators leaking or Screamin' Eagle oil pan leaking liquid color wise at least.   :nixweiss: :2vrolijk_21: :cucumber:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 02:50:24 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

ultrarider123

« Reply #309 on: August 19, 2013, 02:50:33 PM »

Interesting....just about all I can say until I see one in person.  Don't like the looks of the new bat with the mail slot...but again, I have not viewed it in person.  Don't think that will change my opinion on that one, however, whether it "moves the air" better or not.

Water cooling looks integrated very well.  At first glance, you wouldn't notice the twin radiators so bravo on the design.  Time and miles will tell if they work/leak.  Hey, now when they leak oil, they can leak water on it for a really slick surface.... :2vrolijk_21:

New dash/radio looks "modern" and hopefully an improvement over the HK head unit.  Wonder how it will do in the wet?  

"Rushmore" ad campaign?  OK  :huepfenlol2:

Like the looks of the new easy-opening saddlebags and tour pack.  ANYTHING would be an improvement over the old style, IMO.  While I'm used to the old style, there are many other ways to skin a cat than how HD did it for years.

I like the idea that they made more room for the passenger from the factory...about time.

Colors?  Like the blue (your welcome, Chip) on the CVO Limited (Ultra?)  Not sure 'bout the rest 'cause the pictures do not do some of the paint justice.  Gotta seem 'em in person before passing final judgement.

I wasn't planning on trading Ginger anytime soon anyway (next 10 years or so)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 02:55:35 PM by Haird »

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #310 on: August 19, 2013, 02:53:33 PM »

I think I will save my judgement of the new models until I see them in person. Pictures can be so misleading and in typical Harley fashion the website doesn't give alot of information. And as I know from first hand experience the colors on the website sometimes are no where near what they are in person.

Just might have to call around and see which dealer has what in stock. I might be interested in the CVO limited or even just the limited with the "new improved" 103

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #311 on: August 19, 2013, 02:58:19 PM »

Yeah, when I saw the online pics of my 2010 I thought it was not very well done.  Saw it in person & it popped so I bought it.  Will be interesting to see what all these fancy gizmos look like up close.  Appears HD was listening at at least somewhat to what some of us have been saying as to needed upgrades.  The old HK radio is dismal - hope the new one is better.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #312 on: August 19, 2013, 03:03:57 PM »

Did I miss it somewhere or has it been mentioned who makes the new radio/GPS? Just wondering how easy/hard will it be to update the GPS, can you add POI's, any special features of this new radio (USB port, etc., etc.).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #313 on: August 19, 2013, 03:13:15 PM »

Did I miss it somewhere or has it been mentioned who makes the new radio/GPS? Just wondering how easy/hard will it be to update the GPS, can you add POI's, any special features of this new radio (USB port, etc., etc.).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

There does appear to be a USB connection, Gary...one of the photos I saw on line showed a small inner fairing panel on the right side of the radio that opened up and appeared to hold either an Ipod, phone, or something similar.  Lord only knows who makes the GPS/radio.  One can only hope that Garmin had something to do with it...Garmin isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than most GPS stuff I've seen in cages, including my '12 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring.  It won't even show the street I live on, and this subdivision has been here for 20 years...it stops providing verbal guidance a 1/2 mile from the house.

I just bought a Nuvi 50LM for Judi's new Miata and will likely use it for trips in the SUV.

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #314 on: August 19, 2013, 03:15:03 PM »

dood that is the same thing I was wondering.   :nixweiss:

If it was wireless, would be easy to update with maps or routes, but doubt that it is.  That means either a laptop to the driveway/garage (hope not) or maybe a thumb drive or SD card slot somewhere on the radio is available for GPS maps & such?  Maybe will be mentioned in the print literature or somebody will see one & find out.

Would be interested to know who makes this radio also.  If it is HK hope they did an exorcism to get rid of the old radio demons first.

Edit in: Thanks Terry for the USB info.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.