Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47

Author Topic: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES  (Read 177845 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES
« Reply #315 on: August 19, 2013, 03:27:12 PM »

dood that is the same thing I was wondering.   :nixweiss:

If it was wireless, would be easy to update with maps or routes, but doubt that it is.  That means either a laptop to the driveway/garage (hope not) or maybe a thumb drive or SD card slot somewhere on the radio is available for GPS maps & such?  Maybe will be mentioned in the print literature or somebody will see one & find out.

Would be interested to know who makes this radio also.  If it is HK hope they did an exorcism to get rid of the old radio demons first.

Edit in: Thanks Terry for the USB info.

Yea, Mike...we can only hope that USB port allows GPS software updates...of course, they will be exclusive HD Map updates, since they will have dealer locations, and will only cost $299.95, or $399.95 for lifetime updates.  It will also have infotainment downloads for the monkey's needed for the radiator duocooling cap removal.  Photos/videos of Bananas, other Monkey's private parts, etc.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ffltjeff

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #316 on: August 19, 2013, 03:34:33 PM »

Maybe I missed it somewhere but what is the difference between a CVO Ultra Classic and a CVO Ultra Limited?  Is there something on a CVO Ultra Limited that a CVO Ultra Classic would not have? 
2013 FLHTCUSE8
V&H Power Duals, V&H Monster Ovals, SERT
Progressive 444 shocks, Progressive Cartridge Fork Kit
Windsplitter windshield

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #317 on: August 19, 2013, 03:36:32 PM »

Yea, Mike...we can only hope that USB port allows GPS software updates...of course, they will be exclusive HD Map updates, since they will have dealer locations, and will only cost $299.95, or $399.95 for lifetime updates.  It will also have infotainment downloads for the monkey's needed for the radiator duocooling cap removal.  Photos/videos of Bananas, other Monkey's private parts, etc.

;D   :huepfenjump3:
And what day would be complete without a video of a fairing monkey's private parts. (Note to self: do not Google that or there will be a website somewhere that will be even more disgusting than it sounds).

Good point on the map upgrades.  By placing them inside the radio, it becomes proprietary. Maybe. Dammit.

Terry, I will be in the market for a new touring bike in 2015-16. No way in hell would I guinea pig myself on one of these duo cooled wonders of semi-modern science.  After being a lab experiment for the 110 in 07 I learned a good lesson.  Some of the upgrades sound pretty good - radio, seat, bags, TP, controls, forks.  But that H2O component, which may be the best thing since Arthur Davidson's genes gave rise to the massive money maker nameplate that Screamin' Eagle is today, is skeery - to me.  Hope all works well for all but....history says....

Anyway, I will probably check out several Touring models beyond HD.  For $40k plus at least another $5k one can purchase a helluva good bike, and maybe for less.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 03:38:48 PM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #318 on: August 19, 2013, 03:40:46 PM »

Maybe I missed it somewhere but what is the difference between a CVO Ultra Classic and a CVO Ultra Limited?  Is there something on a CVO Ultra Limited that a CVO Ultra Classic would not have? 

The CVO Limited comes with a mind-numbing $38,999 PRICE TAG!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #319 on: August 19, 2013, 03:42:41 PM »

From what I can tell the Ultra limited is the new and improved high output 103 and the CVO limited is a 110.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #320 on: August 19, 2013, 03:44:12 PM »

I wasn't planning on trading Ginger anytime soon anyway (next 10 years or so)

Trading an FLHXSE3 for anything would just be SILLY anyway, Howard!  :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #321 on: August 19, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »

;D   :huepfenjump3:
And what day would be complete without a video of a fairing monkey's private parts. (Note to self: do not Google that or there will be a website somewhere that will be even more disgusting than it sounds).

Good point on the map upgrades.  By placing them inside the radio, it becomes proprietary.  Dammit.

Terry, I will be in the market for a new touring bike in 2015-16. No way in hell would I guinea pig myself on one of these duo cooled wonders of semi-modern science.  After being a lab experiment for the 110 in 07 I learned a good lesson.  Some of the upgrades sound pretty good - radio, seat, bags, TP, controls, forks.  But that H2O component, which may be the best thing since Arthur Davidson's genes gave rise to the massive money maker nameplate that Screamon' Eagle is today, is skeery - to me.  Hope all works well for all but....history says....

Anyway, I will probably check out several Touring models beyond HD.  For $40k plus at least another $5k one can purchase a helluva good bike, and maybe for less.

Agreed, Mike.  HD's track record pretty much sucks on new engines.  It even sucks on old engines, though they make incremental progress.  I remember well the woes of the '07's.  In a couple of years, yeah, maybe.  But like you said, with a MSRP of over $40K by the time you add taxes, there are other viable options...at least for me.  Since I am bikeless now, it'll be 2015-16 for me before I can consider another bike, and it ain't going to cost $40K, I'm sure of that.  Not knocking anyone who ponies up...I really like the lines on the new bikes.  Much better flow from the tank, bags, and TP, IMO.

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #322 on: August 19, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »

Agreed, Mike.  HD's track record pretty much sucks on new engines.  It even sucks on old engines, though they make incremental progress.  I remember well the woes of the '07's.  In a couple of years, yeah, maybe.  But like you said, with a MSRP of over $40K by the time you add taxes, there are other viable options...at least for me.  Since I am bikeless now, it'll be 2015-16 for me before I can consider another bike, and it ain't going to cost $40K, I'm sure of that.  Not knocking anyone who ponies up...I really like the lines on the new bikes.  Much better flow from the tank, bags, and TP, IMO.

Terry, my bet is they look better in person, they always do.  But for $40-50k, there are a lot of options out there.  So far, for me, Indian is not one.  And the Hondas are....damn fugly Hondas.  May end up on one of these not HD H2O but Liquid Cooled (LOL!) jewels, but I will look around some. 

This marks a huge change for the MoCo.  On bikes with lowers it is inevitable they will be water bikes in time.  On bikes without lowers, one wonders what they will do, but a radiator will hang somewhere, eventually.

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SECU Copper Canyon
« Reply #323 on: August 19, 2013, 04:13:45 PM »

https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1186286_10151754020916192_139740276_n.jpg

I guess the W/C means you loose your pockets! 
Also means you can't take them off during the summer.

Skipper

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE-6
« Reply #324 on: August 19, 2013, 05:00:08 PM »

FLHTKSE

nav is built in to the new head unit

...wonder why they don't brag with that :confused5:

Skipper
"F..@* the Rushmore's, I'm gonna keep my Babe"

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #325 on: August 19, 2013, 05:09:57 PM »

Terry, my bet is they look better in person, they always do.  But for $40-50k, there are a lot of options out there.  So far, for me, Indian is not one.  And the Hondas are....damn fugly Hondas.  May end up on one of these not HD H2O but Liquid Cooled (LOL!) jewels, but I will look around some. 

This marks a huge change for the MoCo.  On bikes with lowers it is inevitable they will be water bikes in time.  On bikes without lowers, one wonders what they will do, but a radiator will hang somewhere, eventually.

I'm sure they look much better in person.  HD hires some chitty photographers who seem incapable of capturing a single shot of each bike that shows it's true colors and sparkle.  It's not a real easy thing to do, but not rocket science either. I particularly am interested in seeing what the stripes on the Ultra look like...from the one or two close up photos, it appears to be an interesting paint effect, and I am certain that the solid colors really pop in the sun, as always.  The graphic design does not reach out and grab me right now, but like other model years, it will grow on us.

Depending on what they do with the RG fairing next year, it might get my attention at some point, but I seriously doubt I'll ever own another CVO, unless I get a used one.  But a Limited might be a possibility.  The Indian has my attention as well...one other bike does too: The Star Stratoliner Deluxe.  They have a little ways to go on it yet...it needs cruise and a six speed tranny, but the engine on that bike is solid, it has a good frame/suspension, and I personally like the lines, but it's not something everyone likes.

On the bikes without lowers, I don't really see a big problem with hanging a radiator between the frame...sort of like they do with the Vrod, only it would not have to be as large.  More like a larger oil cooler...with the right design, it might look good on the Dynas and Softails, as it's the side view of a HD that "makes" the "look", IMO.  No larger than those two radiators in the lowers appear to be, it would not be a big deal to hang a double row radiator capable of the same heat exchanging.  The look of the radiator and shroud on the two years of SE Vrod production certainly added to the overall lines, IMO.

But, I do think HD has gotten it's wheels partially back on the track with these new Rushmore bikes, and not a minute too soon.

One thing I found amusing on the new inner fairing:  The Speedometer and Tach are larger and have larger numbers...I can't imagine why   ::)

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #326 on: August 19, 2013, 05:30:01 PM »

On the bigger numbers on the instrumentation & bigger gauges, thought the same thing.   ::)

With a big touch screen radio, maybe Harley will sell screen ad space to Metamucil & Depends & Grecian Formula &

:huepfenlol2:

Had to strike the above.  If they see that & figure they could make a buck, they would do it.

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #327 on: August 19, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »

Please tell me its not true! There does not appear to be an air temp(rain)gauge in the dash of the Ultra. How the hell am I going to live with that situation? I am out on the 2014 for this reason only. Who needs a better motor or suspension or more comfortable seat, we got rid of the stupid air temp gauge! Now that is progress!!

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #328 on: August 19, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »

Shop in Dallas just got 14 new 2014's.  the Ultra Limited is pretty cool lookin!  They hid the radiators in front of the lowers (which are different)  The fill is in the right glove box. The latches for the side bags, chrome trunk hinges, LED headlamps, touring lamps, wrap around tour pack lamps, LED's everywhere.  The vent in the fairing is pretty cool push a button to open/close.  Dash/gauges are clean and thereis a compartment for the iphone with charge port all under cover.    Overall I'm impressed that "Project Rushmore" paid off.  The pics I got aren't that good so I didn't post 'em but can if needed.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

hogasm

« Reply #329 on: August 19, 2013, 06:12:50 PM »

Why are the new torque values rated at 3750rpm's instead of 3200 like before :nixweiss:

Less low end torque for a bagger.......and you guys bitch about 255's
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.