Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47

Author Topic: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES  (Read 177845 times)

cvolovermi

Re: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES
« Reply #450 on: August 21, 2013, 06:12:06 PM »

I'm shaking my head trying to decipher the "newly cheapened" complaints you're throwing out there.
If you don't like the new look, just say that.
Tossing a bunch of red herrings on the discussion just confuses. The bags have metal hardware only on the outside...really? Mine too. Well, there is the power lock but I think its mostly plastic. My ('10 CUSE5) bags and inner fairing are also plastic. Making new bags rounder doesn't "obviously" save production costs, that's just dumb. I don't have a locking gas cap (thank goodness), did I get cheated? Are Victory wheels "cheap"?
Again: If you don't like the new look, just say that.

MrSurly, have you seen the 2014 bikes in person.  If not, just wait.  You will come to the same cheap feeling conclusions.  The entire feel of the inner fairing, bags and the new fairing vent just reminds you of a Honda or Yamaha.  It has nothing to do with looks.  Trust me, I want to buy a new bike every 2 years.  I like the latest and greatest.  this just has me wondering, where do i go from here.  Hope the 2016 Road Glide is better.

And it is much cheaper and less technical to build a plastic mold with rounded corners, as opposed to 90 degree angles.  Don't take my word for it, just ask someone who does it for a living.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #451 on: August 21, 2013, 06:36:39 PM »

OK, THIS is weird:
I went back to the site to get you the link....and the wording has CHANGED.
It now says:
<<<

2014 Touring Electra Glide® Ultra Limited Motorcycles Harley-Davidson® Voice Recognition, Bluetooth

Voice Recognition, Bluetooth

The Boom!™ Box 6.5GT gives you voice recognition for hands free operation of your mobile phone, navigation system and music. It’s also Bluetooth capable. Whatever you want, just say the word. Whether it’s directions to the next gas station, a call back to the office you’re not at today or a song that fits the stretch of road you’re on, it’ll be served up without missing a beat.
>>>>
The words "for pairing your mobile phone or wireless headset. " have been excised from the paragraph.
The graphic still shows a setup screen  with 'headset' in it.

You might be bouncing back and forth between screens for the two different radios.  The smaller and base model is 4.5", no nav and 25 watts.  Several other functions not there compared to the larger more capable unit that is stock in the new CVO bike.

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #452 on: August 21, 2013, 08:01:54 PM »

MrSurly, have you seen the 2014 bikes in person.  If not, just wait.  You will come to the same cheap feeling conclusions.  The entire feel of the inner fairing, bags and the new fairing vent just reminds you of a Honda or Yamaha.  It has nothing to do with looks.  Trust me, I want to buy a new bike every 2 years.  I like the latest and greatest.  this just has me wondering, where do i go from here.  Hope the 2016 Road Glide is better.

And it is much cheaper and less technical to build a plastic mold with rounded corners, as opposed to 90 degree angles.  Don't take my word for it, just ask someone who does it for a living.

I just went in for a quick look and thought exactly the opposite.  I thought they were more upscale shapes and finishes.  I am really stoked to take one of these things on a test ride!  I'd be in line for the pretty red Limited on the floor right now, except I plan to get a 2015 50th anniversary Electra-Glide to go with my 1st year Electra-Glide.
Big Lew
IBA #595

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #453 on: August 21, 2013, 08:22:56 PM »

You might be bouncing back and forth between screens for the two different radios.  The smaller and base model is 4.5", no nav and 25 watts.  Several other functions not there compared to the larger more capable unit that is stock in the new CVO bike.

No, actually each copy/paste was the complete paragraph and both begin with "Boom!™ Box 6.5GT "

The good news is that a personal friend in ND reported looking at them today and he witnessed the service guy pairing a Sena SMH10 with a 2014 limited.

I have not yet laid hands upon the new bikes yet.
My local dealer says he'll have the bikes tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:30:30 PM by MrSurly »
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #454 on: August 21, 2013, 10:58:56 PM »

You have no idea what you are talking about. The complexity if these molds anywhere in this range of design are extremely basic at best. Trust me, there was zero savings in the new tooling over the old design. As a matter of fact, there was no cost in using the existing tooling, so your theory falls flat on its face. They updated the design to attempt to enhance the functionality. Whether they did or not in actual use is the real question.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
« Reply #455 on: August 21, 2013, 11:17:26 PM »

Wonder how many of these new screens will be yanked out by a thief?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #456 on: August 21, 2013, 11:20:01 PM »

Next question, unless it's been asked already....

With the fairing vent closed, Does it add turbulence from the air trying to blow into it or is it like the open pickup bed effect that once air is tumbling around an open bed, any air trying to come into the bed area gets shot over the "tumbling" air already there?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #457 on: August 21, 2013, 11:21:24 PM »

Wonder how many of these new screens will be yanked out by a thief?

You mean the radio?  I've not seen anything that says the display is a removable component from the rest of the radio.  So theft would require either stealing the whole bike or removing the fairing then removing the radio.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #458 on: August 21, 2013, 11:36:17 PM »

I see the CVO Limited is 48 lbs. heavier than the Limited.  Is the 110 that much heavier than the 103?

On HD's website, I can't see any difference between an FLHX and the FLHXS.  Does anyone know?

Cowboy
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:48:13 PM by CowboyBagger »
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #459 on: August 22, 2013, 12:19:04 AM »

I see the CVO Limited is 48 lbs. heavier than the Limited.  Is the 110 that much heavier than the 103?

On HD's website, I can't see any difference between an FLHX and the FLHXS.  Does anyone know?

Cowboy

Wow! That's a huge difference. And all this time I thought chrome was LIGHT!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

bknerr

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #460 on: August 22, 2013, 12:52:57 AM »

flhxs comes with upgraded radio and the abs, trac control are standard. thats all i can see.

1963 flh
1974 fxe

2003 flhrc
2008 flhtcuse3

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #461 on: August 22, 2013, 04:27:14 AM »

Cowboy

I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to add 48 lbs to a bike.  I'm guessing the 110 has a separate amp and possibly the 103 is powered only by the head unit itself.  You've got little things like saddlebag and tourpak liners that probably aren't on the 103.  Every little bit counts.  You have 7 more cubic inches on the 110, so there's got to be a little more material making it bigger.  I haven't really looked closely at what's offered on the 103, but again I'm guessing it doesn't have power locks, and heated seats.  All I'm saying is adding up a pound here and a few pounds there and it doesn't seem like it would be hard to justify 48 lbs of extra weight.  Maybe the CVO is a female bike and at the time of weigh-in, was retaining water.  :pepper:

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #462 on: August 22, 2013, 06:39:39 AM »

flhxs comes with upgraded radio and the abs, trac control are standard. thats all i can see.

Painted inner fairing?
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #463 on: August 22, 2013, 08:45:15 AM »

... and I believe the SGS also comes with a painted inner fairing.  At least the one I saw come off the truck at my dealer on Monday did.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #464 on: August 22, 2013, 09:49:13 AM »

I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to add 48 lbs to a bike.  I'm guessing the 110 has a separate amp and possibly the 103 is powered only by the head unit itself.  You've got little things like saddlebag and tourpak liners that probably aren't on the 103.  Every little bit counts.  You have 7 more cubic inches on the 110, so there's got to be a little more material making it bigger.  I haven't really looked closely at what's offered on the 103, but again I'm guessing it doesn't have power locks, and heated seats.  All I'm saying is adding up a pound here and a few pounds there and it doesn't seem like it would be hard to justify 48 lbs of extra weight.  Maybe the CVO is a female bike and at the time of weigh-in, was retaining water.  :pepper:

I would agree with this. The published weight is certainly going to be for the "base model" of the limited without any options...and the CVO, of course has all of the Limited's option list PLUS the CVO-only stuff already on it. The CVO seat apparently has "suspension" and it looks bigger.
I don't know if any of the various hard parts actually add weight (Wheels/rotors/pipes/pass floorboards, etc.) but there are those things that are not included in the ltd.
CB/bigger seat/ seat heaters/power locks/amplifier/heated grips/bag liners/HD luggage/cover/and the big ol' Gold key. We all know Gold is heavy, eh?
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.