Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 47

Author Topic: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES  (Read 177848 times)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES
« Reply #540 on: August 24, 2013, 10:23:56 PM »

So much more of the crash bar is covered by the lower/radiator-housing I actually wasn't sure if we could install highway pegs.

There appears to be just enough room.  Now how far you can angle them in for a short legged riders???  I think it can be done, time will tell.  Pic 1  CVO Limited

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #541 on: August 24, 2013, 10:24:28 PM »

Appears they may have to stick out some to get around the fairing.

JW
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:26:28 PM by Black Diamond »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #542 on: August 25, 2013, 06:20:13 AM »

There appears to be just enough room.  Now how far you can angle them in for a short legged riders???  I think it can be done, time will tell.  Pic 1  CVO Limited

Appears they may have to stick out some to get around the fairing.

JW

Looking at these two pix it would be damn tight for sure. I use mine way too much to not have highway pegs.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #543 on: August 25, 2013, 09:06:04 AM »

Items like this makes me wonder how much actual rider input was used or even requested.  And then if rider input was used, who where these people?  :inquisitive:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #544 on: August 25, 2013, 09:41:14 AM »

I must say I get a big kick out of some of these posts.  Without anybody even trying to put highway pegs on yet, the MOCO is being questioned as to whether they had any rider input.  Sure, if you actually can't put highway pegs on, then I would want to know what they were thinking too.  From the photos, I don't see any difference from prior years and it looks like they will fit the same as they always have.  Does the bike come with them?  If so, then I would say that pretty much guarantees that they fit there. 

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #545 on: August 25, 2013, 10:02:03 AM »

I must say I get a big kick out of some of these posts.  Without anybody even trying to put highway pegs on yet, the MOCO is being questioned as to whether they had any rider input.  Sure, if you actually can't put highway pegs on, then I would want to know what they were thinking too.  From the photos, I don't see any difference from prior years and it looks like they will fit the same as they always have.  Does the bike come with them?  If so, then I would say that pretty much guarantees that they fit there. 

Excellent point... The H-D website clearly show highway pegs on the CVO Limited.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #546 on: August 25, 2013, 10:48:22 AM »

Well, my hour demo ride today turned into a 3 hour journey... My dealer almost put out an A.P.B. on me!  When I arrived at the store my dealer handed me the key to his '14 Limited and said to go and have fun.  So I did.

Great riding bike for sure.
I really like the new bags and TourPac... Streamline look and easy to operate with one hand.
Very comfortable seat for the rider and can only imagine that the BSR's out there will love their seat as well.  Lots more room and great back support.
The "stock" retractable TP lid strap seems way more secure than the accessory one most of us purchased.
Smooth shifting, but certainly no need to have a readout on which gear I'm in.
Mail slot did reduce the buffeting but did not eliminate it.  Actually my recurve shield does a much better job.
Speaking of the mail slot, I'm sure many will have their colour matched to hide it from the front and it is a wonder why on the Limited with a painted inner fairing they did not paint the opening slot to match???
Stereo pushes some pretty awesome sound and clearly heard at all speeds.
Many of the handlebar controls have changed locations which was a bit annoying until I got onto them.  There is a trigger switch on top of the left switch housing to display the trip meters, DTE, etc. which I completely forgot about, but is a much better place to have it rather than on the inner fairing.
There are 6 switches on the lower inner fairing and the ONLY one that is functional is for the passing lamps???  This would indicate that there's more to come for their uses.

Now for the "infotainment" center and gauges... I wonder how much real life testing has been done?  Although the numbers in the speedo and tach are bigger and easier to read, I found them very difficult to read with all the reflection coming off of them.  I could see more of myself and the sky behind me than the actual dial.  I think with the inner fairing being shallower and gauges more exposed to the sunlight doesn't help and most likely it is also due to the angle which they sit (tipped upward rather than more straight like we're used to - if that makes any sense.  Also, the bike I was riding had less than 100 miles on it and I could see so many finger prints all over the 6.5" screen that with the same reflection made it even harder to see what I was suppose to see.  Not to mention messing with the screen so much while riding is not the safest thing to be doing.
I also found the whole inner fairing to be rather plain with so much flat plastic everywhere.

There are many new features that I really like, but also many that I question what is the need for a lot of it is?  What happened to that saying "screw it, let's ride"?  Personally I have no desire to answer my cell phone while riding... After all, part of the reason why I ride is to get away from everyday life, enjoy the scenery and simply enjoy the joy of riding!

I also question why anyone would pay so much more for a CVO when the Limited has almost as much on it, and what it doesn't have you could do for a whole lot less with the exception of the 110 vs. 103.  But then again, some would argue that the 103 is a better engine.

Furthermore, I don't know why anyone would buy an Ultra (basically a Classic with lowers) and not a Limited which has so much more?  Better stereo, CB, water cooled, etc.  I believe the Ultra's days are numbered.  The Limited is definitely going to be the big seller this year, IMHO.

All in all, the Limited I rode was a super riding bike with a lot of nice features for both rider and passenger.  However I think I will wait till 2015 to purchase a 50th Anniversary Electra Glide and by then any bugs that may appear this year will be addressed.

PS - I almost forgot one of the best features... The amp is no longer under the seat (at least on the Limited and I was informed that the CVO is the same) which is great for those who want a quick release TourPac.   :2vrolijk_21:

Why would you be "messing" with the touchscreen while riding??  I was told by the MOCO reps yesterday that the touch screen is de-activated while moving??

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #547 on: August 25, 2013, 11:29:52 AM »

Couple of questions. It seems as though much of the info getting splashed around the site is contradictory. For example: some say the sound system is the same on the CVO Limited and the Ultra Limited but on the comparison chart posted in another thread it shows 25 watts per channel on the Ultra Limited and the Ultra vs. 75 watts on the CVO Limited. It also shows the AMP as standard on the CVO Limited but optional on the other two. Then I read the AMP was still under the TP somewhere here and then it is not.

Personally looked at one in Daytona yesterday (Ultra Limited, Black). There was no AMP under the TP. Did it even have one? Don't know. Heard so much "talk" from 4 different sales people demoing the bike to others that I figured asking anything about the bike wasn't going to gain me any useful information. One sales person even agreed to a this statement from a potential buyer: "So the water cooled heads eliminates the heat on the riders?" ...."yep!" ..."Guaranteed?" ...."yep!"... lol.

Anyway, whats the skinny? AMP under the TP yes or no? 75 vs 25 watts per channel?

A side note: even if the AMP is not located under the TP, I can't see removing it as the turn signals are located in the TP and not on the fender anymore. I can't understand why the wouldn't add that to the fender/saddlebag gap area instead of an open slot.

I too am wondering why pay the extra 10-13k for a CVO....

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #548 on: August 25, 2013, 11:30:08 AM »

Excellent point... The H-D website clearly show highway pegs on the CVO Limited.

LOL... they surely wouldn't miss the opportunity to sell more pegs! Plus, they'd have a whole lot of UNHAPPY customers if there were no option to put them on...

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #549 on: August 25, 2013, 11:50:29 AM »

My post was based on looking at a Limited on the showroom floor.  The new lowers are wider.  As I said, I'm wondering if the highway pegs would have to be flared outbound to get around the width.  This is a concern when you have stubby legs.

My assumption is HD looked at this prior during mock up.  However, I assumed HD would keep the rider's back rest on their two piece seats on touring models when they brought them out.  I feel this forum is a good place to voice my thoughts.  We've been known to help each other a lot here with our thoughts and prior experiences.  I've seen the new HD's.  My impressions is good overall.   

JW

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #550 on: August 25, 2013, 12:11:14 PM »

Why would you be "messing" with the touchscreen while riding??  I was told by the MOCO reps yesterday that the touch screen is de-activated while moving??

Simple answer is: Because it's there.

I found it easier (felt quicker & safer) to touch the screen rather than figure out how the joysticks and other buttons operate... I was shown in a 5 minute demo prior to leaving, but soon forgot everything being thrilled with the ride quality.  With all the changes, there's lots to learn.  I'm certain once I took the time to figured everything out with the handlebar controls, I would always use them rather than putting more fingers prints on the screen making it even harder to read with so much reflection.  I'm not sure what to say regarding the MoCo reps comments to you... The touch screen appeared to do everything I tried while in motion.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #551 on: August 25, 2013, 12:26:47 PM »

Harley's photo re changes:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #552 on: August 25, 2013, 01:17:47 PM »

Wasn't sure, based on the picture, if many of the old fatter clamps would fit.  Still not actually.  Was actually wondering if perhaps some new skinny clamp type with maybe an extended arm might be in the offing.  Something else to buy....

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #553 on: August 25, 2013, 01:51:13 PM »

And the mis-information begins!
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #554 on: August 25, 2013, 02:00:06 PM »

Maybe they've been riding too many Goldwings? :nixweiss: :nervous: :oops:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 47

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.