Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47

Author Topic: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES  (Read 177843 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES
« Reply #555 on: August 25, 2013, 02:05:06 PM »

Couple of questions. It seems as though much of the info getting splashed around the site is contradictory. For example: some say the sound system is the same on the CVO Limited and the Ultra Limited but on the comparison chart posted in another thread it shows 25 watts per channel on the Ultra Limited and the Ultra vs. 75 watts on the CVO Limited. It also shows the AMP as standard on the CVO Limited but optional on the other two. Then I read the AMP was still under the TP somewhere here and then it is not.

Personally looked at one in Daytona yesterday (Ultra Limited, Black). There was no AMP under the TP. Did it even have one? Don't know. Heard so much "talk" from 4 different sales people demoing the bike to others that I figured asking anything about the bike wasn't going to gain me any useful information. One sales person even agreed to a this statement from a potential buyer: "So the water cooled heads eliminates the heat on the riders?" ...."yep!" ..."Guaranteed?" ...."yep!"... lol.

Anyway, whats the skinny? AMP under the TP yes or no? 75 vs 25 watts per channel?

A side note: even if the AMP is not located under the TP, I can't see removing it as the turn signals are located in the TP and not on the fender anymore. I can't understand why the wouldn't add that to the fender/saddlebag gap area instead of an open slot.

I too am wondering why pay the extra 10-13k for a CVO....

CVO=75 watts per channel        Ultra Ltd=25 watts per channel
From the 360 degree photo on the HD website, there is no amp under the tourpak on any model, which means it's inside the fairing on the CVO.  The Ultra Ltd has 25 watts per channel and that's either direct from the head unit or a lower powered amp in the fairing.  The answer to that is not listed on the HD website.  

The turn signals on the CVO are still by the taillamp, but on the Ultra Ltd, only on the tourpak.  I don't know if there is also a turn signal function built into the tourpak on the CVO's.  If not, that would be one that would not make sense.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #556 on: August 25, 2013, 02:13:21 PM »

Why would you be "messing" with the touchscreen while riding??  I was told by the MOCO reps yesterday that the touch screen is de-activated while moving??

Isn't there a setup on Garmin that won't allow you to do anything while moving?  Maybe Harley has the same thing.  I'm pretty sure I remember something like that when I originally bought my Zumo 550.  I'm thinking I had to override it to be able to enter anything while moving.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #557 on: August 25, 2013, 02:24:35 PM »

There is.  It's called "safe mode," or something to that effect.  But it is switchable in the settings.  Automotive in-dash GPS systems do not have this capability, however, and are always in "safe mode."  It will be interesting to see if the new Harley unit has it or not.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #558 on: August 25, 2013, 02:32:24 PM »

There is.  It's called "safe mode," or something to that effect.  But it is switchable in the settings.  Automotive in-dash GPS systems do not have this capability, however, and are always in "safe mode."  It will be interesting to see if the new Harley unit has it or not.

I have an in-dash GPS system in my Honda Pilot and I can change routes while driving.  I don't remember ever seeing an option on it for a safe mode.  Actually, I'd be kind of pissed off if I had to stop to enter a new destination, even though I know it's obviously not the safest thing to be doing while driving.  I think I'd rather have someone playing with the GPS for a few seconds rather than having someone texting the entire time they are driving.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #559 on: August 25, 2013, 02:46:05 PM »

Will it let you search for a city / restaurant / gas station while moving? 

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #560 on: August 25, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »

Will it let you search for a city / restaurant / gas station while moving? 

Absolutely....and places to shop and Dr Offices and points of interest, etc.  Everything that it does standing still.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #561 on: August 25, 2013, 04:09:52 PM »

Well, I stand corrected.  I wish mine were as useful when rolling. :(

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #562 on: August 25, 2013, 04:18:52 PM »

A side note: even if the AMP is not located under the TP, I can't see removing it as the turn signals are located in the TP and not on the fender anymore. I can't understand why the wouldn't add that to the fender/saddlebag gap area instead of an open slot.

I too am wondering why pay the extra 10-13k for a CVO....

I am sure they did this so they could sell more add-on turn signals to people who what to remove the tourpak.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #563 on: August 25, 2013, 04:21:27 PM »

Wasn't sure, based on the picture, if many of the old fatter clamps would fit.  Still not actually.  Was actually wondering if perhaps some new skinny clamp type with maybe an extended arm might be in the offing.  Something else to buy....

I was thinking the same thing too.  It would not surprise me if they had a new clamp design that is only sold with a new set of pegs.  That way anybody who tries to move their pegs from an old bike to the new bikes will be SOL.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #564 on: August 25, 2013, 05:20:19 PM »

Will the new "Limited" smart phone slot accept Android as well as Apple smartphones? It looks like Apple only; not sure. They sell more Android phones than Apple, not sure why Harley went that way, if they did.

Scott

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #565 on: August 25, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »

Will the new "Limited" smart phone slot accept Android as well as Apple smartphones? It looks like Apple only; not sure. They sell more Android phones than Apple, not sure why Harley went that way, if they did.

Scott

Again, just speculating since I've not seen the connector, but I would assume that IF they made a connector for the Apple product "built in" to the radio back end, that you could still hook in via the USB port?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #566 on: August 25, 2013, 06:36:15 PM »

Well, I stand corrected.  I wish mine were as useful when rolling. :(

Mine won't do chit when moving either, Brian...all the selections are grayed out.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #567 on: August 25, 2013, 06:43:37 PM »

So much more of the crash bar is covered by the lower/radiator-housing I actually wasn't sure if we could install highway pegs.

The short/long angled peg mounts don't take up a lot of space, once installed.  It APPEARS there is approximately the same gap there...at least where I used to mount mine...and I always made them fit in heel/toe mode for both comfort and safety, but a really long legged person could flip them outward I suppose  :nixweiss:  I have never liked my feet up too high on the pegs as it put too much pressure on my tail bone and would start it hurting...then it would take another 50 miles for it to stop.  My tail bone was always the point of any pain on any seat, even a car seat.

TTS Mastertune

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #568 on: August 25, 2013, 07:28:35 PM »

Be careful what you say.....the speculation police might get you  :uhoh:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #569 on: August 25, 2013, 07:56:13 PM »

Again, just speculating since I've not seen the connector, but I would assume that IF they made a connector for the Apple product "built in" to the radio back end, that you could still hook in via the USB port?

Pic I saw was just a USB port in there.  In to that you could plug an adapter for anything.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.