Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47

Author Topic: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES  (Read 177845 times)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES
« Reply #585 on: August 26, 2013, 11:41:25 AM »

Again, just speculating since I've not seen the connector, but I would assume that IF they made a connector for the Apple product "built in" to the radio back end, that you could still hook in via the USB port?
does this help?
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #586 on: August 26, 2013, 12:49:24 PM »

The Moco website can be a bit difficult. It has errors and is constantly being changed.
The following screenshot shows the wrong AC for the CVO Ltd with the correct text.
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #587 on: August 26, 2013, 12:59:20 PM »

The Moco website can be a bit difficult. It has errors and is constantly being changed.
The following screenshot shows the wrong AC for the CVO Ltd with the correct text.

Yeah, I saw that also.  Hope the guys/gals on the assembly line know the difference.   :nervous:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #588 on: August 26, 2013, 05:16:13 PM »

Thanks for the help on the smartphone hook-ups, looks like the Adroid phone would work. Thanks
Scott

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #589 on: August 27, 2013, 09:12:54 AM »

Actually I didn't really think too much about it being a twin cooled bike, so I guess that means they've done a really good job incorporating it into the new bikes.

Could you hear the fans running in the lowers? I've had bikes in the past with radiators and when the fans kicked in you could hear them over the engine but they were metrics and much quieter than a V-twin.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #590 on: August 27, 2013, 09:20:41 AM »

I won't pay $289 for the "LockPick" mentioned by Porthole though.  

Neither would I. But, there is a lot of functionality added with the lockpick, two key items are the additional camera input and DVD while moving.
I certainly would not watch a DVD while driving, but it could keep the passenger occupied  :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #591 on: August 27, 2013, 09:23:57 AM »

Could you hear the fans running in the lowers? I've had bikes in the past with radiators and when the fans kicked in you could hear them over the engine but they were metrics and much quieter than a V-twin.

That was the one thing that I was concerned about as well, because I've also been there and done that in the past with metric bikes.  Happy to report that I never heard any fans at all... Which of course is why I never gave the twin cooled another thought - just rode and enjoyed it!
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #592 on: August 27, 2013, 09:26:16 PM »

Bye, Bye 2007 CVO Ultra, here comes a new 14 Limited. I made the mistake of taking one of the new Limited twin cooled bikes for a test drive. For me; I was really amazed at the difference. much more comfortable, very responsive, everything felt tight and right......It just fit me!.... My dealer made me what I considered a fair offer for my 07 and a fair deal on the new 14. I am not going to discuss actual numbers, just that I was happy.

I know this was nuts, I really liked my 07. I just felt the 14 Limited provide enough upgrade to be worth the difference in cash. I went with the Blue custom paint option, should have by the end of the week.

For me, I could not justify the difference in money for the 14 CVO over the limited, again, that is me. Hope I can hang around the site, I have really enjoyed everyone's comments for the past 7 years.

Thanks, Scott

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #593 on: August 27, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »

So I visited my local dealer today to see the new bikes in person. Saw the SG Special, regular SG, Ultra, Ultra Limited, CVO Ultra Limited, and a CVO Road King. I won't be parting ways with my '12 this year for sure.

-Infotainment system. (I am 38 years old so I will always love a bike with more tech)
-Twin Cooled motor

On the fence:

-New bag lids. Don't like the shape or the fact that they have a worthless reflector stuck to the side of them even though they open from an inside latch on the opposite side now. Like the new way they open. Hate the fact that the CVO Ultra bags are not stretched????

-New fairing, just not sure about it.

Dislikes:

-Paint schemes, nothing grabbed me.
-New SG Special wheels, yuk
-New inner fairing just doesn't look as good as the old layout to me.
-The ugly ass filler or lack of filler panels between the rear fender and bags, WTF!  :'(
-New tour pak is fixed permanently due to the fricken stop and running lights being integrated. No more Ultras stripped down to look like a SG.

I am so glad I bought my '12. For those of you that love the new bikes, enjoy! Just not for me.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #594 on: August 27, 2013, 10:34:35 PM »

-The ugly ass filler or lack of filler panels between the rear fender and bags, WTF!  :'(
-New tour pak is fixed permanently due to the fricken stop and running lights being integrated. No more Ultras stripped down to look like a SG.

Not so for the CVO Ultra Ltd, at least from the pics I've seen.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #595 on: August 27, 2013, 10:36:16 PM »

Bye, Bye 2007 CVO Ultra, here comes a new 14 Limited. I made the mistake of taking one of the new Limited twin cooled bikes for a test drive. For me; I was really amazed at the difference. much more comfortable, very responsive, everything felt tight and right......It just fit me!.... My dealer made me what I considered a fair offer for my 07 and a fair deal on the new 14. I am not going to discuss actual numbers, just that I was happy.

I know this was nuts, I really liked my 07. I just felt the 14 Limited provide enough upgrade to be worth the difference in cash. I went with the Blue custom paint option, should have by the end of the week.

For me, I could not justify the difference in money for the 14 CVO over the limited, again, that is me. Hope I can hang around the site, I have really enjoyed everyone's comments for the past 7 years.

Thanks, Scott
Post some pics when you can.  And some with that big ol smile on your face.  ;D har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #596 on: August 27, 2013, 10:58:55 PM »

Will do!, they won't have the bike for me until this weekend. I think they are doing a dealer trade to get the one I want. I love the Blue custom paint, looks closer to a CVO. I think it looks better than the two tone. Will post detailed photos when she arrives.

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #597 on: August 27, 2013, 10:59:43 PM »

So I visited my local dealer today to see the new bikes in person. Saw the SG Special, regular SG, Ultra, Ultra Limited, CVO Ultra Limited, and a CVO Road King. I won't be parting ways with my '12 this year for sure.

-Infotainment system. (I am 38 years old so I will always love a bike with more tech)
-Twin Cooled motor

On the fence:

-New bag lids. Don't like the shape or the fact that they have a worthless reflector stuck to the side of them even though they open from an inside latch on the opposite side now. Like the new way they open. Hate the fact that the CVO Ultra bags are not stretched????

-New fairing, just not sure about it.

Dislikes:

-Paint schemes, nothing grabbed me.
-New SG Special wheels, yuk
-New inner fairing just doesn't look as good as the old layout to me.

I am so glad I bought my '12. For those of you that love the new bikes, enjoy! Just not for me.

what did you think of the cvo roadking
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #598 on: August 28, 2013, 08:10:42 PM »

what did you think of the cvo roadking
Well I am not a fan of Road Kings but having said that, it was the best looking '14 IMO. The new CVO taillights though, ugh! So hideous...

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #599 on: August 29, 2013, 07:44:11 AM »

Well, unless it's a totally crappy day me and Dead_Reckoning and hopefully his good neighbor Mike K are gonna go to a couple of H-D dealerships and check out the 2014 lineup live and in living color. One or more of us most likely will have some comments tomorrow

B B
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 22 queries.