Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evo Stage one kit for 92 fxr  (Read 2851 times)

micheso

Evo Stage one kit for 92 fxr
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:51:28 AM »

:nixweiss:I have 92 FXR the last year the carb. breathed in that particular way,therefore I only see stage 1 kits for 93 &above in web sites under air cleaner kits.3of 4 Techs say I can use the Arlen Ness Stage 1 kit by just using backing plate bolts to support it and run the hose return to atmosphere not to bottom of air cleaner.Anything wrong with this idea?One tech says the bolt holes to bolt the kit are to small to even mount the kit?I have the 2to1 exhaust so naturally I want to get as much air in as possible,all air cleaners I have seen that fit my 92 fxr do NOT appear to have ability to suck in the air as much and cost two and three times as much??Willing to spend a bit more on a kit made for my bike IF it is going to provide as much air as am spending about 4k total on personalizing bike(MEANS WILL PROBABLY BE ASKING A FEW MORE THINGS IN FUTURE!!??)Checked all questions and answers before writting this question.THANKS,  MICHESO

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Evo Stage one kit for 92 fxr
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 05:37:21 PM »

If the air cleaner mounting holes in the head are 1/2",you can use the '93 and later bolts.If the mounting holes are 5/16",make up 2 bushings to take up the slack,and use 5/16" bolts.It's a no brainer.
John ;)

micheso

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 10:29:46 PM »

:drummer:
[/color][/font][/font][/b]To John Sacks,thanks for your opinion!!I have another issue with mounting the Arlenn Ness Big Mouth Sucker if you have the info(sounds like probably DO)The two mountnig plate bolts will be enough for keeping air cleaner secure on their own??Was told by one of 4 techs that said they will no problem,one last thing please??Where the lower hose is (by one of the techs)says I will not be able to fit breather hose on bottom to the kit so just run it to the atmoshere.Would that make in time a nasty build up of carbon ventilation stain if directed to a near part of frame or on engine if blowing in the direction that it does??Guessing the filter element will last longer not collecting the ventilation!!Thank again!!,   MICHESO

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:28:34 AM »

If you HAVE head Breather rocker boxes,you'll be able to use the head breathers the way they were designed.Just vent to atmosphere via hose,or the way the a/cleaner is setup to vent.
You can also breath from the rear of your case,if it is setup for that.You can breath from the rear of your case,and the head breathers at the same time also. :orange:
John

micheso

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 01:06:56 PM »

I appreciate you taking the time for your insight!!Thanks AGAIN!!,Erron(MICHESO) :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.