Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Cameras to record road incidents  (Read 1801 times)

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
Cameras to record road incidents
« on: October 14, 2020, 08:34:44 AM »

I have been thinking of adding a camera front and rear to use like dash cams for cars incase I have to prove my side of a road incident like I had a couple times this year. Drivers being very aggressive.  Does anyone do this and does anyone have a good way of adding such that is reliable and inexpensive. I'd hate to have to buy gopros front and rear...

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Cameras to record road incidents
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 11:58:54 AM »

Are you talking about a camera to show when you're passing on a double yellow?   Asking for a friend.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 01:05:18 PM »

Are you talking about a camera to show when you're passing on a double yellow?   Asking for a friend.
Now that's funny...
Alan

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 05:36:07 PM »

Google is your friend. Lots of front and rear water proof cameras out there. I watched a youtube video awhile back where a guy installed a system that had both camera's the rear one being a camera housing only. all hardware was in front one.
I have Garmin Dash Cams (#56's) in both my cars and bought them from The Dashcam Store, you could possibly ask them for a suggestion.

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 12:34:51 PM »

You are funny i ge† it...  :orange: :drummer: :apple: :2vrolijk_21:I am told i'm a nice guy. I'll pay the fine if the nice police officer charges me. I have done some things people have said were hard  core..I never have started anything intentionally anyway. But and however yes I want the cameras to record everything in case I would need to defend myself in a court of law. Nice police officers make judgement calls and sometimes they don't always get it right. I can say that because I have seven present and past officers in my family.  I once was hired to be a nice police officer. I turned it down because at the time I couldn't afford the cut in pay. I was divorced with two kids.   So...... what about the cameras????? Go pros are expensive and I have tried the  dash cams for cars and they don't work very well.  with eas of playback.   

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 12:36:17 PM »

Google is your friend. Lots of front and rear water proof cameras out there. I watched a youtube video awhile back where a guy installed a system that had both camera's the rear one being a camera housing only. all hardware was in front one.
I have Garmin Dash Cams (#56's) in both my cars and bought them from The Dashcam Store, you could possibly ask them for a suggestion.

lyn.husen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 12:47:41 PM »

This is the one I plan on getting eventually, quite a few YouTube videos on it also.

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 12:50:45 PM »

This is the one I plan on getting eventually, quite a few YouTube videos on it also.

wow this looks like what i'm looking for..... I will check it out.. Thanks for the help....

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

VRODDAVE

• Senior CVO Member
  • Semper fi 73-77

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE ANV
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE - Crashed 7/31/2015. May she rest in pease
    • CVO3: 2003 VROD - sold
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 10:49:09 PM »

I have two of those INNOVV K2 systems on my bike.   Front, Rear, Left, Right ....   basically you connect to them with with a a WIFI connection to your phone.   Then you use their app to connect to the controller via ID and password to view history or configure the options.   They have a security feature that will start recording if triggered by bump or shake, but mine are mounted in tourpak and that feature is not as sensitive as i would like.   I have them connected to switches on the dash so they can be deactivated when riding.

Frankly,  it is not all that i would have wanted due to the hassle of connecting and searching for the one of MANY video files you may be looking for.

I have seen other dash cams that seem like they would work better and have the option to review history with less difficulty. 

If you do choose to go this route, make sure you get the latest version ...  they have the metal connectors to power converter.

2018 FLHTKSE ANV
Dominator prewired meathooks 10" (Nice, but shoulda got the 12's)
Dynojet Power Vision
GTS Radio upgrade
AG ATX-30-HD lithium battery
CoolFlow fan
Alloyboltz 12 point G8
INNOVV K2 X 2 DVR 4 Camera
AIM Clutch Slave

lyn.husen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2020, 08:24:01 AM »

wow this looks like what i'm looking for..... I will check it out.. Thanks for the help....
Happy to help

Glenncarp

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2020, 02:00:24 PM »

I have been thinking of adding a camera front and rear to use like dash cams for cars incase I have to prove my side of a road incident like I had a couple times this year. Drivers being very aggressive.  Does anyone do this and does anyone have a good way of adding such that is reliable and inexpensive. I'd hate to have to buy gopros front and rear...

Better idea; move the the mountains of NC! Lol. Sometimes I go ride and do not see a car for the first 10 miles.

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2020, 03:22:31 PM »

I have this system, front and back cameras. However to date I have not found a suitable location to fit the cameras on my Street Glide. Any suggestions? Photos of where fitted? Thanks
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:04:14 PM by PeterJ »

VRODDAVE

• Senior CVO Member
  • Semper fi 73-77

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE ANV
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE - Crashed 7/31/2015. May she rest in pease
    • CVO3: 2003 VROD - sold
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 04:12:22 PM »

Sorry for the bad quality,  it's tough for me to get to ground level for the photos

So you likely don't have a tour pack since it's a street glide but this could very easily come off of the license plate bolt on the rear.

I didn't really install these they came on the bike when I bought it and the install was OK nothing fabulous I've had to do a lot of rerouting and aiming to get the cameras correct
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 04:47:49 PM by VRODDAVE »
2018 FLHTKSE ANV
Dominator prewired meathooks 10" (Nice, but shoulda got the 12's)
Dynojet Power Vision
GTS Radio upgrade
AG ATX-30-HD lithium battery
CoolFlow fan
Alloyboltz 12 point G8
INNOVV K2 X 2 DVR 4 Camera
AIM Clutch Slave

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 06:44:16 AM »

Got mine off eBay it works well good playback video.  The same got it mainly for proof of fault in the case of an accident.

Front mounted cam side of windscreen
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.