Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 15A fuse popping  (Read 1664 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: 15A fuse popping
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2020, 02:32:33 PM »

Did you test it as seen in pic? With the switch’s set to the side? Curious if the problem will stay gone or reappear with the harnesses back in the normal position. I’ve seen problems disappear while testing then come back when the wire/terminal or connector get back in it faulty state.

You got plenty of fuses if you need them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and no, I had the switch cluster removed (unplugged) from the harness tested the switch once I determined what was the hot wire (number 12 on the plug) being the power to the switch. Cleaned up the switch and tested, 

In the pic is how I tested it with the ignition on radio on once it was all back together tested again all's working.
Will have to see if it continues working when on a ride if it does pop the fuse when riding I'll have to pull the batwing,...and that's a whole different story.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 11:00:30 AM »

Nice sunny day today went for a 40 mile run put the switch though it's 3 switch settings with no issues seems things are solved

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 11:10:17 AM »

I just read an article that said there is a shortage of 15 amp mini fuses in London.  Ot sure how that happened. They are blaming it on the pandemic.... :nixweiss:
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 03:51:07 PM »

I just read an article that said there is a shortage of 15 amp mini fuses in London.  Ot sure how that happened. They are blaming it on the pandemic.... :nixweiss:

No mate it wasn't the pandemic,...it was all me,... I was expecting to go through a load of fuses before I was to find the short.

If you need and have a hard time getting a 15amp mini fuse give me a PM. I've got plenty 😜
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 24 queries.