Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bars moved  (Read 225 times)

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
Bars moved
« on: September 16, 2024, 09:01:38 PM »

About 4 years ago I installed 12” fat bagger bars on my bike. This past weekend we hit a spot in the road that felt like it almost took me off the bike. A little while later I looked in my mirrors and noticed that the view was different. The bottoms of the switch housing was blocking the top portion of my mirrors, I have the KST customs drop down brackets. Has anyone had their bars shift after hitting a bump? I pushed on the fairly aggressively to try and push them back in place but they wouldn’t move, couldn’t push them up and they wouldn’t pull down either so the clamp is still tight. Won’t be able to take it apart until this weekend, just in my own head that I might have bent the frame. Sure the frame is fine cause nothing else changed and bike rode true and straight with no shakes. So who has had their bars move after a big bump in the road?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Bars moved
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2024, 11:43:21 PM »

Are you sure it wasn't the switch housings that moved? Is your throttle position still in the same place? What about the control dial for your heated grips?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2022 Road Glide Limited
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2024, 08:29:04 AM »

Sure it can happen, bars slipping in the clamps is always a risk with enough force applied.

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2024, 06:03:27 PM »

It wasn’t the switch housings that rotated. The peaks of the bars look different when looking at the fairing and the levers are facing up a little more than before. Mine’s a 16 cvo street glide, didn’t come with heated grips  :sad3:

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 22 queries.