Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: How many Springers with an oil leak?  (Read 9776 times)

00fxsts

Re: How many Springers with an oil leak?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 05:14:59 PM »

Well, I registered on this site about 5 months ago when I put a deposit on an 08 Springer. I have been following along, hoping that I would read about a permanant fix for this, but I'm not encouraged. Towjamin....you have the bike I am waiting for. It is beautiful !! I saw one at my dealer the day I went on the waiting list. I'm thinking I will get the call soon that it is in, but I can't justify the price to inherit this issue. I have a 2000 Springer now with less than 6000 miles on it. I can't get the same tires on my current one, but I have priced out a complete cam change to gear drive and a 95 inch conversion for 3k. I'd love to have that Orange head turner, but I'm leaning toward keeping what I have. :(

yoderjl

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 05:19:33 PM »

None so far-but only 275 miles on it. I was concerned about buying my as well because of this issue-but I am VERY glad i did. I did buy another year of warranty just in case and deal with it if it happens. Yes it is alot of money to pay for a bike that may have an issue like this-but it was worth the risk to me because this bike is just awesome!

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2008, 12:03:20 PM »

heres another springer 2 add 2 the head gasket leak collection, 10months old, 8000km, had both head gaskets replaced with a new type gasket made of the same material as the tried n tested twincam head gasket, these were especially given to my dealer by "mr hd technical" in my area. Complaining to the right people certainly helps.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 24 queries.