Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Gloss black engine covers?  (Read 9813 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Gloss black engine covers?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 08:18:30 PM »

Speed wax works great also and is easy and quick to use
Alan

Nonpoint

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 11:29:59 PM »

I had the same type of issue, washed the bike using s100 and all of the powder coated black parts were shining like new.

shadow1

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 07:30:08 AM »

Has anyone had the clouding come back on there rocker covers after they have cleaned them? Just wanted to see if you guys are still having that problem. Or if it was just a one time thing.

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 08:14:43 AM »

change them to chrome!!!
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

shadow1

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 12:13:34 PM »

Chrome always looks good! But I kinda like the black myself. Maybe if they can't do something with the black I will!!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 02:43:31 PM »

If it's road tar on the cases try some Kerosene on a rag to get it off. On the shiny black I used Armor All on a rag to get my old bike shiny the new one has black crinkle and I use pig spit, works great. Picture of my old 83 V65, The Armor All worked great, not sure what the pig spit would have done on the shiny black. Oh yea, don't laugh at my fuel line issue there either!!

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2012, 07:10:10 AM »

If it's road tar on the cases try some Kerosene on a rag to get it off. On the shiny black I used Armor All on a rag to get my old bike shiny the new one has black crinkle and I use pig spit, works great. Picture of my old 83 V65, The Armor All worked great, not sure what the pig spit would have done on the shiny black. Oh yea, don't laugh at my fuel line issue there either!!
dont use too much see what it did to the primary cover....jk :2vrolijk_21:
 :o ;D ;)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:11:59 AM by scttgr8 »
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

steveg56

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 StreetGlide
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2012, 11:21:01 PM »

change them to chrome!!!

Thought about doing that to mine even before finding out about the up keep of the powder coated parts.   This may push me over the top and have them swapped out for chrome.  I have already changed my horn cover and AC billet cover to chrome...bars are next in chrome.  I miss chrome and would not buy another blacked out bike IMO
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.