Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: FXR HISTORY  (Read 290155 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: FXR HISTORY
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2008, 06:07:38 PM »

"Canned Ham" spyd! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
You're right... :2vrolijk_21:....my mind is almost completely gone.  :-[ har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2008, 05:09:13 PM »

You're right... :2vrolijk_21:....my mind is almost completely gone.  :-[ har!  spyder

Didn't just make that up. We've been calling them that, AND removing them, from day one!!! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2008, 06:27:49 PM »

Hi guys. Here is a pic of my 87 FXRC. I bought it in the fall...Sept. I am doing a ton of work on it this winter and hope to ride it down to Texas in May
1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2008, 06:30:02 PM »

Different angle. I would like to thank you for putting together all this info on the FXR line. Really interesting stuff.
1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2008, 06:56:21 PM »

Welcome aboard to this Great Site MrF!!! Nice to have another FXR guy with us! There finding us in droves now!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Nice bike. Thing's been completely apart with that painted frame and swingarm. Nice setup on the wheels. Used the same setup on my '85 FXWG. Whatch'a have planned for it this winter? Maybe you can come and meet us in AR on your way down to Texas in May! Check out the link! :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=29353.msg477208#msg477208

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »

Good find, Howie.  Look at that pretty red paint.  Heck, they should have made three colors of the "3".

I forgot to mention Mike that these are Fat Bob gas tanks, not the 1-piece tanks of the FXR's. ;)

Hoist! 8)

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2008, 08:06:51 PM »

Plan on new S&S Carb and forward air cleaner. New Black Fat Spoked wheels.Not balloon fat, more like old school bobber fat.  Fat front fork. Taller beefier tires, forward controls. New lights. New hand welded stainless down turned pipes to be partially cloth wrapped. Going for a less shiny more beefy bike. Im like 230 and I want the bike to feel a bit bigger...oh and a new seat more designed to go miles and miles...maybe the Cowboy and lady seat. Lots to do and I may change my mind a bit here and there. Hmmmm I may swing by that rally. See what time permits.
1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2008, 08:09:46 PM »

Plan on new S&S Carb and forward air cleaner. New Black Fat Spoked wheels.Not balloon fat, more like old school bobber fat.  Fat front fork. Taller beefier tires, forward controls. New lights. New hand welded stainless down turned pipes to be partially cloth wrapped. Going for a less shiny more beefy bike. Im like 230 and I want the bike to feel a bit bigger...oh and a new seat more designed to go miles and miles...maybe the Cowboy and lady seat. Lots to do and I may change my mind a bit here and there. Hmmmm I may swing by that rally. See what time permits.

Cool man! Be interested in keeping up with the progress of that FXR Bobber! Keep us posted! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2008, 08:23:28 PM »

Hi guys. Here is a pic of my 87 FXRC. I bought it in the fall...Sept. I am doing a ton of work on it this winter and hope to ride it down to Texas in May

Welcome to the site, MRfeexit!   :2vrolijk_21:   Glad you have joined us!  Very nice ride!
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #204 on: December 04, 2008, 01:49:09 AM »

MrFeexit~~

That's really a great looking "blue" very nice.  I also very much like the fact that the frame is painted to match.....did you do that or did you purchase it that way?  Someone took some time to strip the bike completely.....quite nice!!

Becareful putting too wide of tire on the front of that bike, everything you have read here about the "handling" of the FXR will certainly change and go out with the bath water with such an extreme modification......but then again you already know this.....and most likely have taken such into account.

As Howie said above, we would all enjoy seeing/watching the transformation.....typically HOWIE is our R&D guy.....if something's been tried.....he has most likely done it 3 times....and can lead you to the right path.....I am thinkin about callin him RDJOY2 for a new name.....cause he's got that STAR WARS mentality....high tech and high budget.....lol.

Regards,

Tim

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #205 on: December 04, 2008, 08:59:28 AM »

How "fat" can I go with out changing the handling dynamics too much? As far as me "knowing" Awwwww hell no! I'm learning as I go. Tons of researching and reading and valuable input from those that have gone before. I also have a good bike shop near by in Rosholt WI that has been more than helpful in pointing me in the right direction. Basically I am building my list of wants and then the owner will go through it with me to tell me what I can or can't do. He also is adamant that I do the work myself (which I was anyway) and then he will help with the areas that become to technical like carb stuff etc. SOOOOO any input from you guys is more than appreciated and herby requested. As far as the paint job the previous owner had it torn down and painted in 06. I have struggled with if I want to repaint or not....I think the paint stays. Not my fav color but it looks nice in the sun.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 09:01:07 AM by MrFeexit »
1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2009, 12:23:39 AM »

Many thanks to Jeff (Black Diamond) for providing a visual reference via a 1984 Sales Brochure For HD.

:bananarock:

The next post will provide photos of two of the four models which were offered in 1984 for FXR's, ie:

1) 1984 FXRS LOW GLIDE
2) 1984 FXRT SPORT GLIDE

The two that are not provided for visual review would be:
1) 1984 FXRDG "Disc Glide"  It was launched mid year thus why it probably didn't make it into the "sales brochure" since they are produced in the summer of 1983.
2) 1984 FXRP  Prusuit Glide, Police Version Of FXRT (of course none of the FXRP's throughout the years made any presence in the Sales Brochures.

Regards,

Tim

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your cursor next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your cursor on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:27:15 AM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2009, 12:24:11 AM »

Here is the brochure presentation for the two FXRs.

Many thanks to Jeff (Black Diamond)!!!

Regards,

Tim

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your cursor next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your cursor on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:26:47 AM by FXR2evo99 »

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2009, 12:57:10 PM »

Tim, this a great work in progress you have here. Thanks for all the effort.

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2009, 08:24:39 PM »

In reviewing the FXR History I found where the MoCo lowered the FXRS for 1984 and introduced them as the "Low Glide".

The brochure I posted above list the seat height for the FXRS as 26.80 inches. However, the 1984 Owner's Manual and the 1984 Service Manual both list the seat height @ 28.10.

Just to stay consistent on being inconsistent, the brochure list the FXRT Sport Glide seat height @ 27.5. However, the 1984 Owner's Manual and Service Manual list seat height @ 28.0 I know the Sport Glide sat higher than the Low Glice as I sat on both back in the day. Couldn't buy a fairing scooter then either. LOL.

I've ordered a Part Manual to assist in fix in her up. Hope I don't get anymore specs!

FWIW!

JW
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 08:26:41 PM by Black Diamond »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Page created in 0.515 seconds with 21 queries.