Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Front LED turn signals  (Read 1451 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Front LED turn signals
« on: March 29, 2010, 01:47:27 PM »

Can you change the front directionals to L.E.D. bulbs without a load equilizer since the rear ones are already L.E.D.??? Anybody done this yet???

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Front LED turn signals
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 02:00:19 PM »

No.  BUT, the Kuryakyn LED front running lights are terrific and an easy install.  I installed the 4825 Front L.E.D. Conversions - Billet (Smoke) $119.99 on the SERG3.  The on line instructions about installing the load equalizer (included) are very simple and the it splices into the rear light wires (under the seat).  They are bright enough that I've had cars pull over for me thinking I was LEO at night. 

Here's a pic:  Re: SERG AND CVO: VERY GOOD TO ME! NEXT?

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 06:48:19 PM »

No.  BUT, the Kuryakyn LED front running lights are terrific and an easy install.  I installed the 4825 Front L.E.D. Conversions - Billet (Smoke) $119.99 on the SERG3.  The on line instructions about installing the load equalizer (included) are very simple and the it splices into the rear light wires (under the seat).  They are bright enough that I've had cars pull over for me thinking I was LEO at night. 

Here's a pic:  Re: SERG AND CVO: VERY GOOD TO ME! NEXT?

Thanks for the info...I will look at those...

HD4CPA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 12:42:29 PM »

I ordered a set and the street magic SS8 load equalizer (plug n play) from customdynamics.com and the amber lights.  Will have them installed next week.
Mods:
Vance & Hines Power Duals
Fullsac 2" baffles
TTS Mastertune
Integrated XM Stereo
Hogtune Speakers
Hog Pod
HID Lighting
C&C Solo Seat
1" Floorboard Extenders

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 01:11:19 PM »

Mike...ordered mine from Custom Dynamics (Genesis Bullet Led Turn Signal Amber 1157/#GEN200-A-1157E) @ $51.95.  Just plug them into your stock turn signal housings. I ordered some Harley clear lens covers and trim rings as well.  You need a equalizer....I ordered a Badlands Turn Signal equalizer and its installed under the seat.

HD4CPA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 01:48:27 PM »

Mike...ordered mine from Custom Dynamics (Genesis Bullet Led Turn Signal Amber 1157/#GEN200-A-1157E) @ $51.95.  Just plug them into your stock turn signal housings. I ordered some Harley clear lens covers and trim rings as well.  You need a equalizer....I ordered a Badlands Turn Signal equalizer and its installed under the seat.

Yeap, I ordered the same bulbs as you from them along with their load equalizer.  I would have done the Badlands equalizer but I didn't find out until after my order was placed that they offer an 8 pin plug and play for the CVO street glide.  You had told me the dealer had to modify your equalizer.  The regular SG uses a 6 pin.  Dan from Badlands gave me some history of the street magic and badlands equalizer.  I understand Badlands is the original and is American made which is not the case for the street magic.

I like the fullsac slant exhaust tips on your bike.  Might have to copy you on that too!

Mike
Mods:
Vance & Hines Power Duals
Fullsac 2" baffles
TTS Mastertune
Integrated XM Stereo
Hogtune Speakers
Hog Pod
HID Lighting
C&C Solo Seat
1" Floorboard Extenders

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.