Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Garage opener?  (Read 2333 times)

1Trickydick

• Junior CVO Member
Garage opener?
« on: February 16, 2011, 12:15:51 PM »

Hey,

My '07 Ultra had the transmitter built in, does the SESG have one before I take my front fairing off?  I know probably not, but it would be nice to just have to mount the receiver.

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
Re: Garage opener?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 12:33:47 PM »

No, it does not.

1Trickydick

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 12:41:05 PM »

Thanks!

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:02:34 PM »

I appreciate you asking that question as I was wondering that myself. Thanks,
 Ray
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

1Trickydick

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:19:21 PM »

I appreciate you asking that question as I was wondering that myself. Thanks,
 Ray
OK, second go question.  The instructions read to cut the orange/white, black and yellow wires and use the butt end connectors to splice them, BUT, our bikes have the dual filament lights and the wires are white/yellow/black.  There does appear to be a pig tail that is attached with two yellow and one white wire.  There is also some pre-wired ones that are black and orange/white with a 14 gauge connector.  If I wire to the yellow, then plug into the pre-wired orange/white and black, will this accomplish the desired result??  Anyone done this before?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 01:32:37 PM »

OK, second go question.  The instructions read to cut the orange/white, black and yellow wires and use the butt end connectors to splice them, BUT, our bikes have the dual filament lights and the wires are white/yellow/black.  There does appear to be a pig tail that is attached with two yellow and one white wire.  There is also some pre-wired ones that are black and orange/white with a 14 gauge connector.  If I wire to the yellow, then plug into the pre-wired orange/white and black, will this accomplish the desired result??  Anyone done this before?

Lots of info available, try a search for "garage door opener".  Here's one such thread that might answer your question, look at reply number 7:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40552.msg645918#msg645918

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

1Trickydick

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 02:33:09 PM »

That is GREAT, exactly what I needed.  Now if only I had a second set of hands to hold the damn reset button while I cycle the hi/lo beams.... :(  I am pretty sure I have it working because I can see the little red LED on the transmitter turn off and on when I cycle the hi/lo.  I guess I will button it all up and go for a ride until my wife get's home.   Thanks again.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 02:58:04 PM »

The 04 and 05 SEEG had the garage door opener also.  The MoCo knows it's like heat or A/C, power mirrors, etc. in a car......once you have it, you can't live without it.  So on the SESG they jack the prices up and then leave the garage door opener off, knowing that we'll all have to go buy one (for each bike!). :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

1Trickydick

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 03:40:09 PM »

And the heated grips/seat, locking luggage!  I was SO spoiled with the luggage and didn't even know it.  The seat never was worth much, but I do miss my grips!  FWIW though, I LOVE this bike!  I got her all wired up, and once I got the bike maneuvered close enough the the damn receiver, got it programed and I am STOKED!
Thanks again for all the help, I am OUTTA here on a sunny 70 degree North Texas day!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 04:07:01 PM »

And the heated grips/seat, locking luggage!  I was SO spoiled with the luggage and didn't even know it.  The seat never was worth much, but I do miss my grips!  FWIW though, I LOVE this bike!  I got her all wired up, and once I got the bike maneuvered close enough the the damn receiver, got it programed and I am STOKED!
Thanks again for all the help, I am OUTTA here on a sunny 70 degree North Texas day!

Don't forget your camera.  It's pouring over here! :(
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 05:11:20 PM »

The 04 and 05 SEEG had the garage door opener also.  The MoCo knows it's like heat or A/C, power mirrors, etc. in a car......once you have it, you can't live without it.  So on the SESG they jack the prices up and then leave the garage door opener off, knowing that we'll all have to go buy one (for each bike!). :nixweiss:

The MoCo might not know how to do a lot of other things (like tighten all the nuts and bolts), but they definitely know how to screw folks over for every possible dollar.  But, it's not necessary to let them do it to you in cases like this one.  The aftermarket offers products at better prices, and even if the prices weren't any better I'd prefer to give my money to someone other than H-D.  Try a company called Flash to Pass for a door opener, for instance.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jcd520

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 07:00:33 PM »

Just a thought----------this cost me 25.00--------your local overhead door place sells them. They make them in singles and doubles. Mine works both the gate into my property and my shop door. You can buy them online even cheaper .I made the bracket and the mini remote is held on with velcro. When I travel I just lock it in my tour pak while I am away and when I head back for home I put it back on the bracket. You don't have to have the expensive HD alternative.

1Trickydick

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 12:23:02 PM »

I have carried a mini remote, about 1/4 that size for years, but I wanted something I could operate without taking a hand off of the bars.  I am getting the flash to pass unit for my other two bikes as well eventually.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.