Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 10" Paul Yaffe Monkey Bars on Krypto SESG  (Read 16226 times)

CJ

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2
Re: 10" Paul Yaffe Monkey Bars on Krypto SESG
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »

Nice  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 12:35:49 AM »

update .. Jim (hd-dude) was great to deal with . and timely as well .. ordered from him on Monday and got parts today (friday)  :2vrolijk_21: :coolblue:.. Thanx again Jim@metal Dragon in Hayward Ca

plasmadaddy

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite & Black Diamond Street Glide
    • The Rhythm Patrol
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 02:33:10 PM »

Hi,
Do you have any pictures of the 12" bars on youre bike. I am just about to order from Yaffe, and have them sent to the UK. Any advice on cable extensions along with some pictures would be great. I intend Installing them on my new 2012 model CVO Street Glide when I get it?

Thanks.

Just for info, I ordered mine from Dr V Twin. They had the 12" black powdercoated in stock and were cheaper than direct from Yaffe. They also had all of the cables made up for me by Magnum shielding in New York.
I was advised against the Yaffe kit as its apparently not so good.
Whole lot arrived in the UK in just over a week.
All being fitted next week so I'll post some pics when done!

Definitely recommend Dr V Twin. They've been great with all the orders I've given them.

africa al

• Full CVO Member
  • Travel the road less travelled

• CVO1: CVO1 Black & Gold 2015
    • CVO2: CVO 2 Diamond Black & Slate Grey
    • CVO3: CVO 3 Sherwood Green & Aztec Black Road King SE6
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 07:37:38 AM »

Plasma Daddy,

Thanks for update on Yaffe bars. I am just about to order some this week. I am Interested in were you got your bars & extension kit from. Time scale sounds excellent as well. Keep me updated on Install with some pictures once completed if you can.

Thanks.
Africa Al.

plasmadaddy

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite & Black Diamond Street Glide
    • The Rhythm Patrol
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »

Plasma Daddy,

Thanks for update on Yaffe bars. I am just about to order some this week. I am Interested in were you got your bars & extension kit from. Time scale sounds excellent as well. Keep me updated on Install with some pictures once completed if you can.

Thanks.
Africa Al.

http://www.drvtwin.com/

I've been dealing with Shawn - will post some pics later this week.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 12:52:29 PM »

Been thinking of doing this mod as well on my FLHX2. Anyone have an idea how tall the bars need to be to keep and utilize stock fairing mounted mirriors? I'm 6'2" with 34" inseam. Theres no where around here that I can find to "try them on". Thanks in advance.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 12:59:53 PM »

As I see it .. if ya do the 12 ".. you will get above the mirrors and be able to look under your hands to see the mirrors.. The 10" seem to be in the way .. Jus sayin .. I am putting 12" on this week and intend on putting a center mount GPS bracket instead of the left location .. the monkey bars almost block the line of view when it is on the left .. will let ya know how it plays out ..

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 05:15:28 PM »

Cool, thanks
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

africa al

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 02:26:51 PM »

Hi,

Does anyone have a part number for Centre GPS mount? I am also Installing 12" bars and would prefer GPS to be mouted in middle of fairing instead of left hand side position.

Called at Dealers today in UK, and he could not find any details of this mounting item?... Has any one got pictures of this Installed on bike.
Thanks.

Africa Al.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 02:37:19 PM »

Hi,

Does anyone have a part number for Centre GPS mount? I am also Installing 12" bars and would prefer GPS to be mouted in middle of fairing instead of left hand side position.

Called at Dealers today in UK, and he could not find any details of this mounting item?... Has any one got pictures of this Installed on bike.
Thanks.

Africa Al.
There isn't an HD part for mounting center fairing.  There's two choices offered.  The left side inner fairing mount or the handle bar mount.  Any center mount would have to be from a third party, if there is one, or your own fabrication.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 10:50:29 PM »

Here is a pic of a bracket I jus did and will put on this weekend as a center mount GPS.. It is gonna mount with the wind shield on top of the inner fairing with some neoprene underneath so as not to rub .. I use a 3bag windshield bag. and it will be under it and up close to it on a slight angle for better view.. I liked this idea better than the moco offering for the left mount which will be somewhat behind the Yaffe monkey bars .. will update the install as it happens .. sooon ..  your thoughts welcome .. sorry for bad color as it was taken on poker table .. LOL
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 10:53:04 PM by barefoot3zk5 »

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 01:04:04 PM »

Here is a pic of a bracket I jus did and will put on this weekend as a center mount GPS.. It is gonna mount with the wind shield on top of the inner fairing with some neoprene underneath so as not to rub .. I use a 3bag windshield bag. and it will be under it and up close to it on a slight angle for better view.. I liked this idea better than the moco offering for the left mount which will be somewhat behind the Yaffe monkey bars .. will update the install as it happens .. sooon ..  your thoughts welcome .. sorry for bad color as it was taken on poker table .. LOL
Looking forward to pictures.  I always thought the gps should be in the middle too.

africa al

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 01:51:43 PM »

Any pictures of the Install of the 12" Yaffe bars yet. Ordered mine last week and expecting them in UK next week some time.

Africa Al.

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »

here is qwik pic with phone showing 12 Yaffe bars with center mount GPS .. I am gonna redo the bracket for GPS so as to raise it up to clear the speedo/tack gauges.. Also .. after getting it all done , I see the fairing mount mirrors are somewhat obstructed by the hbar switches.. Sooo I will be replacing them with tribal mirrors from moco..
   One thing I didnt notice while unpacking the monkey bars was ... These dam things come with ATTITUDE.. so far Im really pleased with the look and handling/comfort .. but thats jus my opinion .. it may vary , depending on individual driving habits.. LOL 

africa al

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 02:44:37 AM »

Fantastic !! Like the look and position of the 12" bars. You have done a great job of the Install. Any advice or any probelms you noticed that I might find when doing the Install on my bike would sure be appreciated?..

Did you get the full kit from Yaffe, cables and extension kit or another aftermarket dealer. I have seen that a few people on the forum have mentioned getting shipments from else were. I Called Yaffe yesterday and looks like my parts will ship tomorrow from USA.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.