Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unusual Noise  (Read 760 times)

Canman

Unusual Noise
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:41:52 PM »

My 2011 StreetGlide has approx 10,200 miles. I started to hear a noise at about 9000 miles. What was happening was When the bike would go into a lean particularly leaning left there would be a noise which I originally thought was a noisy tire but know think it is a bearing failure because of the sort of sound it makes like a failed bearing, and it seams to be getting louder. Anyone else experience such a thing? I hope it is not a transmission problem because the thing clunks and whines somewhat. Operational wise the thing rides and drives nice, just getting very noisy.

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
Re: Unusual Noise
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:20:08 PM »

There were issues with the 10 and 11 year model rear wheel bearings. I pulled both wheels and had all 4 replaced.

Was hearing a ever increasing "whirl' or 'howling" noise when I corned. Almost sounded like a ghost in a midnight grave yard.

It was the rear tire.

Replaced it and all is well.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Unusual Noise
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:36:38 PM »

I have that on my '11....had the dealer pull everything apart and couldn't find anything wrong. He said he checked bearings also and they were OK. If it's just the tire making some noise, I am ok with that..another few thousand miles and it will be time to replace it.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.