Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: '12 cvo SG3 stock seat with a back rest (its on the bike)  (Read 9106 times)

Tyson

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
Re: '12 cvo SG3 stock seat with a back rest (its on the bike)
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 02:21:40 AM »

Well I talked to Seth and the price has went up. He quoted me $375.00 to install the backrest, gel it and ship it back. That was with me providing my passenger back rest to modify.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 11:34:52 AM »

That looks great! Could you post a picture of the passenger seat? I'm curious to see how that looks.

Bump
RETIRED! :fireman:

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
Re: '12 cvo SG3 stock seat with a back rest
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2013, 10:36:04 AM »

just got the stock seat back today and popped it on...   came out better than I thought and had lots of adjusments too..  Up and down and the tilt can be moved as well...  Theys guys are really good.
How do you like the seat MOD?  Is the GEL worth it?  I talked to the guy last week and I am thinking about doing it.  Did you buy a new back rest pad?  If so do you have a part number for the pad?
Mitch

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2013, 10:50:41 AM »

after all that..  i really dont think it was worth it,,,  i have a mustang seat that is so much more comfortable   soi i use that one,,  i wouldnt do it again    seat is nice and their work is great,,, that seat sucks is all,, :nixweiss:

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 10:58:57 AM »

after all that..  i really dont think it was worth it,,,  i have a mustang seat that is so much more comfortable   soi i use that one,,  i wouldnt do it again    seat is nice and their work is great,,, that seat sucks is all,, :nixweiss:
thx  what mustang are you using   I have a mustang on my 03 road king and love it!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 12:54:10 PM »

I think it's called. Vintage.  It HAS a rider backrest.  And a rear pillon is available fot the passenger. It's really a great seat.  I don't use the seat I modified at all anymore. That was really a waste.  Get the mustang!! :2vrolijk_21:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »

I think it's called. Vintage.  It HAS a rider backrest.  And a rear pillon is available fot the passenger. It's really a great seat.  I don't use the seat I modified at all anymore. That was really a waste.  Get the mustang!! :2vrolijk_21:
Best decision I ever made was getting rid of the stock seat on my SESG3 and getting the Mustang Wide Tripper Solo w/back rest.  Great for all day riding.  You can also get a p-pillion for it too.  I didn't get one, as I ride the SESG3 solo.  (Use the SERGU for two-up riding)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

JJAA

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE5 #629
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2013, 09:59:45 PM »

Thanks for sharing !
What's the position difference between your Vintage seat and the 1st, higher ? nearer ? Mustang seats are said to fit long legs and arms...

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 11:22:34 PM »

I'm 6ft 2.   Vintage  is perfect for me.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:20:55 PM by cvostu »

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 08:25:04 AM »

I now have a Vintage super solo w/ backrest on my SESG12.  I am so glad I went with this and did not send my factory to NM for mod.  I ave thee 15 Solo on my RK03 and the good news is the rear Mustang will fit on my SESG12 17" super solo.  That will save me 200 bucks!  The only issue is it did push me forward on the bike a bit but the comfort of ther seat and the back rest is well worth the lost space!! The Mustang is truley the Best out of the Box seat for comfort, Quality, and $$$!!

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 09:16:43 AM »

I now have a Vintage super solo w/ backrest on my SESG12.  I am so glad I went with this and did not send my factory to NM for mod.  I ave thee 15 Solo on my RK03 and the good news is the rear Mustang will fit on my SESG12 17" super solo.  That will save me 200 bucks!  The only issue is it did push me forward on the bike a bit but the comfort of ther seat and the back rest is well worth the lost space!! The Mustang is truley the Best out of the Box seat for comfort, Quality, and $$$!!

Sounds like a solo seat I would be interested in.  I'm 5'6" and I do need pushed forward. I noticed that Mustang doesn't make a reach seat  :-\.  Do you think this will put me forward more than a stock seat?
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 09:30:24 AM »

Sounds like a solo seat I would be interested in.  I'm 5'6" and I do need pushed forward. I noticed that Mustang doesn't make a reach seat  :-\.  Do you think this will put me forward more than a stock seat?
I think so it says in info it gives you 1.25" more space than stock seat but I now have a bend in my knees on my road pegs where before i was straigh leg on them. It did seem like it raised me up from ground some. I am 6'4" so not an Issue with raise may give you problems with feet on ground.  I will get a measure to night to see what the seat height is now!! 8)

JJAA

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE5 #629
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 05:50:55 PM »

I now have a Vintage super solo w/ backrest on my SESG12. 
Do you mean *driver* backrest ?
Mustang does not show any option http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/76067/Vintage-Super-Solo-Seat-No-Studs-Harley-Davidsonreg-FLHTFLTRFLHXFLHR that could fit  ???

Thanks,

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:31:12 AM by cvostu »

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.