Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Custom®

Stock 2019 SERG seats.....rain issues

(1/3) > >>

bbrown:
Wow theses seats suck up rain like a sponge.   I had a wet butt for 4 days  of rain.

Any thoughts on how to fix this without changing seats.  I like the stock seats except for this issue????

grc:
Is the cover actually soaking up water, or is it the foam?  Unless I'm thinking of something else, I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a water barrier layer between the seat cushion cover and the foam.  Without something to keep the foam dry, it will eventually rot and stink.  If it's just the cover, you may need to treat at least the leather portion with a leather treatment that repels water.  The vinyl portion shouldn't absorb water, but you'd still need to treat any seams.

Jerry

Ponte:
Regardless of what seats I am running on the bike, I coat them up with Protect All. Unfortunately while this protects the outside materials, water still will get in through the stitching and eventually into the foam. I don't know how you would prevent that to be honest. Hope you find a solution....

bbrown:

--- Quote from: grc on September 16, 2019, 11:28:35 AM ---Is the cover actually soaking up water, or is it the foam?  Unless I'm thinking of something else, I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a water barrier layer between the seat cushion and the foam.  Without something to keep the foam dry, it will eventually rot and stink.  If it's just the cover, you may need to treat at least the leather portion with a leather treatment that repels water.  The vinyl portion shouldn't absorb water, but you'd still need to treat any seams.

Jerry

--- End quote ---

It’s the foam    I do not see a barrier , Jerry.  Very odd especially since I treated 2 times

grc:

--- Quote from: bbrown on September 16, 2019, 02:21:10 PM ---
It’s the foam    I do not see a barrier , Jerry.  Very odd especially since I treated 2 times

--- End quote ---

I remember another site member complained about the foam of his seat being soaked several years back; I and others mentioned the barrier (plastic wrap or bag) that is supposed to prevent the foam from soaking up water.  Unfortunately I can't remember what the outcome was and if he got it fixed or not.  Call Harley and let them know what's happening, you may or may not get a straight answer but make sure it's on record.  Knowing how they have been constantly cheapening things, perhaps they let the supplier eliminate the water barrier material. :nixweiss:  All I can suggest is to go over the entire seat and seal all the seams.  The stuff Harley gives you when you buy the bike seems to work well if you really work it in then let it sit for awhile before buffing the residue.  Check the directions on the container for specifics.

Jerry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version