Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Purchased a Yamaha 200BW for wife's practice bike.  (Read 1186 times)

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Purchased a Yamaha 200BW for wife's practice bike.
« on: August 19, 2010, 09:58:08 AM »

Yesterday I purchased an older (1985) yamaha BW 200 for my wife to crash, I mean practice on. They are the ones with the huge tires and low gearing. Last year she got her Licence but It was getting expensive everytime she dropped her Honda 750 Shadow. The parts guys started to know me by name, Hi Ray, right side mirror & lever or left today? I put crash bars and got her (BIKE) looking like new when she told me she has enough. She is 55 and I wanted to exhaust any means possible for her to enjoy riding her own bike. We border thousands of acres accessable through our back yard, so I was looking for a bike that was fun and easy to ride. I used to own a BW 200 way back along with 6 or 7 Rokon 2 wheel drive Trailbreakers. So the practice begins. I'm off to get some wrap around hand protectors for her and the bike.  This way she can practice without facing head on traffic.

I might take it out myself now & then just to make sure it is running right. Hey Phil, will have to have you & your wife over for a campfire when it gets a little cooler.

Wish her luck

Ray G.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.