Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hedset with No helmet?  (Read 1625 times)

Josh

Hedset with No helmet?
« on: March 11, 2007, 06:58:58 PM »

I am looking for a headset that I can wear so I can use my CB as well as talk to the wife while I am riding. The one that comes with the bike I am going to put in my wife's helmet, but I don't wear a full helmet. I wanted to know if anyone has seen a set up that is made to work with out wearing a helmet.

Thanks,

Josh

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: Hedset with No helmet?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 07:45:50 PM »

If you haver an 05 or older, IMC makes one:

http://www.imc-communication.com/produits.php

HHS40

I spoke with an engineer at the NY Bike show.  He said they have tried to make an 06+ version but with little success.  The issue has been the frequency for the VOX is not working properly.  Sounded like they were giving up but you never know...

/Bill

I am looking for a headset that I can wear so I can use my CB as well as talk to the wife while I am riding. The one that comes with the bike I am going to put in my wife's helmet, but I don't wear a full helmet. I wanted to know if anyone has seen a set up that is made to work with out wearing a helmet.

Thanks,

Josh
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Hedset with No helmet?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 08:54:28 PM »

Josh,
I've been talking to everyone and anyone that would listen about this exact subject. The guys from J&M say that it is illegal in 46 states so they see a demand. Big Ears Inc. says they have something in the works called "HALO". I don't know what it is but, it a helmetless intercom / radio interface. The problem is how to attach the noise-cancelling mic boom. Big Ears is a molded piece that fits into the ear for speakers but there is no way to attach the mic.
I actually went over to a buddy's this afternoon to try his CB mic w/ the Bluetooth. It works well! I placed a call, and had the speakers turned on, then communicated w/ the handheld mic. The person on the other end said it sounded fine. I think this is the route I'm going to go until there is a better solution. AJ

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.