Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Led blinker and relocation job.  (Read 857 times)

deadbox

• Made in the U.S.A

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Autumn Haze
My Led blinker and relocation job.
« on: April 11, 2010, 11:13:23 PM »

I am i the process of redoing these with larger LED bulbs.

Well I found these LED lights that were small and easily hidden. I Was looking to clean off my back fender strut as I plan on going strut-less later and want a different look. The trick to all this was to make sure the LED was angled right to be its brightest to the driver/rider behind you. Here is a simple go through.

Removed strut and turn signal. Cut wires and added needed length wire to make the way to mount location. Soldered and heat shrunk wires under fender and used zip ties to secure wires.

Next I used the axle bolt covers to mount mine. These LED require a 1/4 hole to mount. They have the DIOD already pre-wired in so these are PLUG & PLAY.
here is the cover with the LED installed.

Solder heat shrink wires that you ran down the to the mounting location and bolt the cover back on.

You can make your own brackets to use for these and mount them anywere.
I chose this for the hidden look.

Some things to consider are they are Smaller and less visible in daylight. At night they are bright provided they are angled right.

These are also not reverse polarity. You WILL have to wire them +/-

This will be the end result.

Few second video
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6922/file14560.mp4

Here is the site I got the light to use.
http://autolumination.com/indicator.htm

I am going to reorder the 12 Volt Stainless Steel Led Accent Lights to use instead to see if the light will be brighter.

Living the American Dream, Riding the American Machine.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.