Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Author Topic: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!  (Read 85322 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2008, 08:13:53 PM »

Hey, Tim!?!  I gotta disagree with ya on that one, at least on the 3!  The parts manual for my 3 shows a 40945-99 pedal, too, and the one on my bike is super-shiny . . . . .. CHROME!

Howie, hope you haven't dropped the $$$s with Jenni yet . . .  :o

Thanks Brian, nope I haven't. I'm gonna wait to get the bike before I order anything other than what Jim's doing for it now, over at "Howie's Cycle Repair Shop" (as Jim calls it now)! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2008, 01:43:52 AM »

103tHunDer~~Hey, Tim!?!  I gotta disagree with ya on that one, at least on the 3!  The parts manual for my 3 shows a 40945-99 pedal, too, and the one on my bike is super-shiny . . . . .. CHROME!  Howie, hope you haven't dropped the $$$s with Jenni yet . . . 

Arggggghhhh.....dang it, details details details....lol....when looking at the literature/spec sheets for the FXR2 and FXR3 provided by HD they do not specifically state that the FXR2 or FXR3 has a "chrome" brake pedal ie: note the reference list for the "accessories" I mentioned under the "History of the FXR" thread.  However the FXR4 DOES state that it has a CRHOME brake lever as an accessory added to it's standard features.  Also, I recall having a conversation with my buddy about his "brake" pedal not too long ago on his FXR3 after noticing that the FXR4 "specifically" states that it has a "chrome" brake pedal. Of course a casual conversation did not devulge that he knew otherwise....I dislike giving out bad information....but that's what is great so thanks Brian, we can get to the "RIGHT" information....

But Hoist, before you disgard the notion of getting one just yet, your not working with a "stock" rear brake lever on your FXR3 at the present time, thus I am unaware of whether that "forward" brake lever is chrome or not,....HOWEVER it most likely is in the box of "OEM" parts........

Brian thanks for bringing to light my incorrect statement above!!!!!.....I will go back and update the accessories list @ the "History Of The FXR" thread to make sure it reflects this new information.

When Blaine provided the part number above as HD# 40945-99 I was a bit concerned.....because "99" means it had to be prior to the FXR4 since it is a "00" bike as it's a 2000 and I knew it wasn't on my FXR2.....DANG IT!!!! LOL...

Alrighty....enough said.....  :2vrolijk_21:

Regards,

Tim

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2008, 01:44:22 AM »

103tHunDer~~Hey, Tim!?!  I gotta disagree with ya on that one, at least on the 3!  The parts manual for my 3 shows a 40945-99 pedal, too, and the one on my bike is super-shiny . . . . .. CHROME!  Howie, hope you haven't dropped the $$$s with Jenni yet . . . 

Arggggghhhh.....dang it, details details details....lol....when looking at the literature/spec sheets for the FXR2 and FXR3 provided by HD they do not specifically state that the FXR2 or FXR3 has a "chrome" brake pedal ie: note the reference list for the "accessories" I mentioned under the "History of the FXR" thread.  However the FXR4 DOES state that it has a CRHOME brake lever as an accessory added to it's standard features.  Also, I recall having a conversation with my buddy about his "brake" pedal not too long ago on his FXR3 after noticing that the FXR4 "specifically" states that it has a "chrome" brake pedal. Of course a casual conversation did not devulge that he knew otherwise....I dislike giving out bad information....but that's what is great so thanks Brian, we can get to the "RIGHT" information....

But Hoist, before you disgard the notion of getting one just yet, your not working with a "stock" rear brake lever on your FXR3 at the present time, thus I am unaware of whether that "forward" brake lever is chrome or not,....HOWEVER it most likely is in the box of "OEM" parts........

Brian thanks for bringing to light my incorrect statement above!!!!!.....I will go back and update the accessories list @ the "History Of The FXR" thread to make sure it reflects this new information.

When Blaine provided the part number above as HD# 40945-99 I was a bit concerned.....because "99" means it had to be prior to the FXR4 since it is a "00" bike as it's a 2000 and I knew it wasn't on my FXR2.....DANG IT!!!! LOL...

Alrighty....enough said.....  :2vrolijk_21:

Regards,

Tim

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2008, 04:05:07 AM »

As required by Hoist edict, FTW!!! ;D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

And maybe an Ultimqa 127? ::) ::) ::) ;)

Hoist! 8)

Yes the 127 go for it, pulls your arms off it does and for under 4K Mine works great, fits in the stock frame.
2012 Road glide ultra 103
DD7 Baker, S&S 570, Fulsac DX, 2"
SE CNC heads 58mm throttle body
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
150WW Avon Venom rear tire
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2008, 08:03:51 AM »

I just checked my fxr3 blue..seems to have nice shiny brake pedal too! :apple: :2vrolijk_21:dave

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2008, 10:26:50 AM »

Tim...I'm curious...What is the PN for the lever in your fxr2 manual and can someone look and find the PN for the brake pedal lever in their fxr3 manual? The PN I gave ya'll for the fxr4 is the CORRECT PN as referenced by the manual..

Hey, Tim!?!  I gotta disagree with ya on that one, at least on the 3!  The parts manual for my 3 shows a 40945-99 pedal, too, and the one on my bike is super-shiny . . . . .. CHROME!

Howie, hope you haven't dropped the $$$s with Jenni yet . . .  :o

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2008, 10:48:52 AM »

The Part number for the rear brake pedal on my FXR2 is on Page 53 Of the FXR2 Part's Manual:

Item#25 HD# 42523-87   BRAKE PEDAL ASM  [Which includes:  Cotter Pin HD# 515; ROD END HD# 42437-87; Clevis Pin HD# 42460-80B; Bushing HD# 42524-82A]

So is the FXR3 & FXR4 brake lever HD#40945-99 listed also as a BRAKE PEDAL ASSEMBLY as well?  AND if so are the part numbers above the same one's listed as part of the ASSEMBLY?

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 05:30:33 PM by FXR2evo99 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2008, 11:09:43 AM »

The Part number for the rear brake pedal on my FXR2 is on Page 53 Of the FXR2 Part's Manual:

Item#25 HD# 42523-87   BRAKE PEDAL ASM  [Which includes:  Cotter Pin HD# 515; ROD END HD# 42437-87; Clevis Pin HD# 42460-80B; Bushing HD# 42524-82A]

So is the FXR4 & FXR3 brake lever HD#40945-99 listed also as a BRAKE PEDAL ASSEMBLY as well?  AND if so are the part numbers above the same one's listed as part of the ASSEMBLY?

Regards,

Tim

Thanks for trying to clear this up gang! :2vrolijk_21:

I'm watching an FXR 3 Parts Manual on EBay. They also have a PM and SM there from Lake Shore HD. When I plugged the P/N into Zanotti Lookup, it was cheaper just to order it. Maybe I can land the PM on auction and order the SM from Jenni. But I'm not ordering anything for the bike til I get, besides the work Jim's doing for me. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2008, 11:12:40 AM »

So is the FXR4 & FXR3 brake lever HD#40945-99 listed also as a BRAKE PEDAL ASSEMBLY as well?  AND if so are the part numbers above the same one's listed as part of the ASSEMBLY?

Regards,

Tim

Tim, Yes and yes.  The 40945-99 is a brake pedal assy. and has the same parts making it up.  Odd that the 2's did not come with the chrome pedal. :nixweiss:

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2008, 05:41:36 PM »

Brian.....

Thanks for clearing up the "assembly" part for me.....so now my question is how in the heck can one just order the "Brake Pedal Lever" ONLY without the other "assembly" parts.....geez this thing is $145.00 with shipping lol....and I don't care what Mike says.....lol I am tired of getting out my aluminum polish and trying to make that darn thing look good....it's always looking dull....so this is on my short list....it's an appointment that only I WILL appreciate....lol...

So anyone have any ideas how to ONLY acquire the PEDAL ONLY?????  I may have to bother Jenni with this brief topic....

But I thought I would ask any of you guys first....not that any of you FXR3 or FXR4 owners would have reason to know....since you are already running the chrome with no need for more....lol

Another thing that has bothered me is that my FXR2 also does not sport the "chrome triple tree" don't worry Hoist, I won't lead you wrong on this one.....YOU GOT IT BUDDY....just us FXR2 owners are cleaning our rags on this one too.....lol....and while I am at it....as it turns out they failed to give us FXR2 owners the chrome risers that you all have on the FXR3's but that's ok my buddy who owns an FXR3 had some extra ones that were chromed and gave them to me way back when I owned my 2003 Dyna Low Rider....those were aluminum as well and using the same risiers of course....so I put them on the FXDL then after I purchased the FXR2 and realized I didn't have the chrome risers before selling the 2003 FXDL Dyna Low Rider chrome ones came off and the original FXR2 risers went on the FXDL and the FLIP was done....lol....so....now the triple tree but my buddy has threatened me if I change them....lol....

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 05:44:09 PM by FXR2evo99 »

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2008, 07:40:10 PM »

I might add another item to those of you who are modifying these fxr3 blue babes. When i bought my fxr3 blue it had a 150 tire on  the rear..and i replaced it several months ago w/ the same. you can put 150 tire on rear of fxr3, i'm currently riding on one, one change that was made was reversing strut bolt..so nut is outside..with head inside of rear fender. It looks good and rides great!  i really like a little more rubber on the road anyway...look what is going on with current bikes.  dave

Hoist...go for it!  us big fellows needs he rubber/

elky72ss454

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2008, 07:43:30 PM »

how many commas were on his stimulus check?  :pepper:

I didn't have ANY commas!  :nixweiss:
I didn't even get a stimulus check..... :soapbox:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2008, 08:18:20 PM »

I didn't even get a stimulus check..... :soapbox:

I did - and didn't even pay any taxes last year...   :orange: :orange: :carrot:

elky72ss454

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2008, 08:22:44 PM »

Well, if you are in the military, then it's perfectly ok with me, that you got a check and paid :2vrolijk_21: no taxes. I have a son in the army. Spent a year in Iraq, now in Ft. Hood, Texas...

Sean M Cary

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »

Well, if you are in the military, then it's perfectly ok with me, that you got a check and paid :2vrolijk_21: no taxes. I have a son in the army. Spent a year in Iraq, now in Ft. Hood, Texas...

Yeah, I earned it...  I haven't had a full tax year since 03.

He with an armored unit?  Or in 4th ID?  Got friends from two tours ago in 4th ID.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Page created in 0.419 seconds with 21 queries.