Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!  (Read 85328 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2008, 09:15:02 AM »

Only thing I changed was the tire and ran several of them on the bike with no problems except had to go to a bigger clutch since now I had some traction then the front wheel would come up and and and.....

Sounds like only positive things to me Bob! Thanks! ::) ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2008, 09:34:05 AM »

It was an interesting project, at the time we were running a 5" stroke 116" shovel drag bike at the shop with 13/1 compression etc etc and since I ran the 96" shovel for such a long time, we wanted to see what kind of power we could get out of one of these new EVO engines without stroking it.  This was the first Evo to arrive in the city might as well tear it down and see what it looked like. Gerry Branch had just published an article about how he got over 100 hp out of a 80" EVO so we thought at the dealership to try and duplicate the result. Had about 1000 miles on the motor pulled the heads and went at them with a welder to re create Gerry's bathtub combustion chamber. The only over size valves we could find were out of a Chrysler Hemi had to cut about 1/4" off the tip and re machine the keeper groove then milled  down the heads .050" Ran a S&S solid cam and S&S B carb on it. with stock pistons and sporster ignition (no rev limiter). Took a bar and punched the baffles out of the pipes some minor tuning on it and it would out do all of the Shovel strokers at the time I went up against. As long as the clutch would hold you could pull wheelies all day.
2012 Road glide ultra 103
DD7 Baker, S&S 570, Fulsac DX, 2"
SE CNC heads 58mm throttle body
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
150WW Avon Venom rear tire
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2008, 09:51:53 AM »

It was an interesting project, at the time we were running a 5" stroke 116" shovel drag bike at the shop with 13/1 compression etc etc and since I ran the 96" shovel for such a long time, we wanted to see what kind of power we could get out of one of these new EVO engines without stroking it.  This was the first Evo to arrive in the city might as well tear it down and see what it looked like. Gerry Branch had just published an article about how he got over 100 hp out of a 80" EVO so we thought at the dealership to try and duplicate the result. Had about 1000 miles on the motor pulled the heads and went at them with a welder to re create Gerry's bathtub combustion chamber. The only over size valves we could find were out of a Chrysler Hemi had to cut about 1/4" off the tip and re machine the keeper groove then milled  down the heads .050" Ran a S&S solid cam and S&S B carb on it. with stock pistons and sporster ignition (no rev limiter). Took a bar and punched the baffles out of the pipes some minor tuning on it and it would out do all of the Shovel strokers at the time I went up against. As long as the clutch would hold you could pull wheelies all day.

HeHe, you sound like my buddy Vern. He's played around the same way. He wrenched our crew's Ironhead drag bikes during the ECRA days. He rode his 93" shovel for years after everyone started getting Evos. Not much could beat his shovel. 12.5:1 and ran on pump gas, but with the Super D, it was like flushing a toilet bowl. He couldn't go very far on a tankful, but he always got there first! You could stand on that kicker and it didn't budge. Tough motor to kick over. And watch your knee/ankle on the kick back! He had a '95 Dyna Super Glide, his first Evo, but had been playing with them from day one when they came out in '84. He's got Evo porting down to a science. He built my '89" with an S&S 5/8 leg and a Vern ported top end with S&S stroker pistons. He liked Sifton cams, no longer available. That 89" Pro Street runs like a mutha, but it's only 425 lbs dry. I think you'd get along great with Vern! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2008, 10:04:41 AM »

Your right, we would probably hit it off but then again probably wouldn't get much work done with telling old war stories. Like when Arlen Ness almost ran me over in City park Sturgis 1979 with his Two Bad show bike doing a burn out between speed bumps. I was standing in the wrong place.
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2008, 10:10:33 AM »

I wonder if this guy knows the new 09 CVO's are out.
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2008, 10:12:54 AM »

Your right, we would probably hit it off but then again probably wouldn't get much work done with telling old war stories. Like when Arlen Ness almost ran me over in City park Sturgis 1979 with his Two Bad show bike doing a burn out between speed bumps. I was standing in the wrong place.

HeHe! A Ness Mess! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

I wonder if this guy knows the new 09 CVO's are out.

Don't think he cares!!! ::) ??? ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2008, 10:16:34 AM »

So that means the harley add campain is not working? This was taken in Algeria just driving down the road and stopped to take this pic. See the white camel, isn't she cute.
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2008, 10:19:14 AM »

So that means the harley add campain is not working? This was taken in Algeria just driving down the road and stopped to take this pic. See the white camel, isn't she cute.

Cute yeah, but there's no BLACK ones? :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

BTW, WTH you doing in Algeria? :nixweiss:

And how's that shovel run in the desert!  ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2008, 10:50:29 AM »

Thats where I am now supposed to be working
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2008, 10:53:55 AM »

I understand now, strong and black just like your coffee.
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2008, 11:18:09 AM »

Actually the shovel worked really well in the dirt I used to bring an extra wheel with knobby tire on it for the tire pulls at runs. 65 mph in first with a guy riding behind on the tire wahoo. Never had it in sand though except a few times while barrel racing with it. The only problem if the dirt was a bit wet it would jam up in the open belt and break it but I carried a few spares.
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2008, 05:47:58 AM »

White one is the CVO :drink:
Ridin Legend

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2008, 06:21:31 AM »

yes with long lashes and a nice wink
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2008, 07:27:58 AM »

I'll post some pictures in a day or so of my fxr3 w/ 150 mounted on stock wheel. i think it looks great and no rubbing on belft or fender, its full fender look. only  thing i know was changed was strut bolt reversed so nut is outside..besides the nut in seat! hehe..
I just photographed bike races this past weekend at BARBERS MOTORSPORTS TRACK in B'ham, al. ASRA regional event. Some HD products kicked ass, Buells ran good, fun day of races..shot over 2,000 images ..tired puppy...first day of the event rode over my fxr3 w/ my camera gear in T bag. I may post few shots of  this racing event..on back straight away they were hitting 150 mph...if folks are interested.
later..Dave

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2008, 12:06:18 AM »

Hey, Tim!?!  I gotta disagree with ya on that one, at least on the 3!  The parts manual for my 3 shows a 40945-99 pedal, too, and the one on my bike is super-shiny . . . . .. CHROME!

Howie, hope you haven't dropped the $$$s with Jenni yet . . .  :o

HeHe! It's got chrome Hurst Forward Controls! The Chrome HD Brake Lever won't matter unless I switch back to the stock mid controls anyway. The Hurst controls look nice. But I'll have to evaluate the whole seating position/handlebar thing after I get it! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:08:57 AM by Hoist! »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.