Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!  (Read 85324 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!
« Reply #285 on: September 02, 2008, 08:20:59 PM »

Hey, I can't even change my vote anymore!!! Hey mods, you know my new vote!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
It's showing in the database you voted for Patriot fan :nixweiss: You want to change it to something other now? :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #286 on: September 02, 2008, 08:23:26 PM »

It's showing in the database you voted for Patriot fan :nixweiss: You want to change it to something other now? :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

You know it Gary! To the new 3rd option I just added, of course!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2008, 08:30:31 PM »

You know it Gary! To the new 3rd option I just added, of course!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

can you add "None of the above"

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #288 on: September 02, 2008, 08:34:26 PM »

can you add "None of the above"

no Joy is not a C3PO fan
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Sean M Cary

« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2008, 09:18:41 PM »

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #290 on: September 03, 2008, 06:52:03 AM »

I admit, the pats logo looks better...but in 2008 17-14....is all that matters
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

RedFXR2

« Reply #291 on: September 03, 2008, 09:52:48 AM »

The Pats logo may look better, and I've never relly signed on as a fan of either, but I have to come down on the Giants side.  Eli's a much more regular guy than Brady and I wanted Michael Strahan to win a Super Bowl for years, so he can retire on top and do Sundays on TV from the booth.

Now that I've riled up the New England folks......

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #292 on: September 05, 2008, 07:28:29 PM »

Wow, the poll all of a sudden has great results!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #293 on: September 06, 2008, 12:35:40 AM »

The final test was tonight! I'm soaked!!! And I'm still smilin'! Joy's even a dream in the pouring rain. And since she's a CA bike, it might even be the first time she's been in the rain! So she's officially mine now, as I've indoctrinated her into my world now! And now she knows there's no rest for the wicked!!! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #294 on: September 06, 2008, 05:40:43 PM »

I'm copying this from the Pictures Thread, where I put Joy's arrival pics up for everyone. But I'd like to continue the progress, upgrades, and youze FXR guy's input here. So I'm copying and pasting the approriate stuff from that thread, and we'll pickup Joy's progress from here! ;)

9/2/08
And in the 45 min I had her out today, I LOVE THIS BIKE ALREADY!!! She rides like a dream! I think I'll air her out in the Catskills this weekend! I already know she needs some engine help. But they all do. Stock doesn't really cut it for me. And I mean more than Pipes, Carb, Ignition, which I've already done. But that's no biggie. Vern can work his magic with her heads, get some compression in there and just the right cam. But I'm in no hurry right now for that. I'd just like to ride her, get used to her, and enjoy her!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

9/2/08
It was a bike I've always admired, and already knew it was a Hoist kinda bike. And it somewhat rides like it already. I was impresssed by the suspension actually, although the bikes setup too low for the twisties! But the suspension's surprisingly responsive! It's the Hot Rod look and feel that I go for in all my bikes! I'm fairly happy with the seating position, bars, and forward controls. But that's after only 45 minutes this evening. We'll see how I feel on a trip to the Catskills this weekend hopefully! :2vrolijk_21:

9/3/08
Don't worry Tim, that's the compression I'd be running. How'd ya guess? Not doing anything radical to this bike. That little bit of top end work will wake this baby up and get me about 1HP/cu in, not bad for an HD street bike. On this lite bike, it'll get 1/4 times in the 12's! Vern's done tons of these Evo hot rod top ends, and have it on my '85 FXWG (which is going onto the rigid Hoist Bobber next), and it's performance is prdedictable!

I was hoping you'd find my mini review embedded in this thread! I knew ya would! Yes, it's a remarkably decent setup. Most times I can sit on a bike and know what I need to do. Might get it wrong, like Cybil, but 1 more time will get it right! With this bike, I'm really not so sure I will change anything relative to seating position. The Bars are setup kinda like my Pro Street, with '87 FXLR bars. It gives ya a drag bar feel and position. I might want that on this bike. So until I take some longer rides on her, I'll be reserving any decision of changing the current setup. I might save ya a trip to the cardiologist. This bike might never see apes! ;D

Thanks for your help through the process, and I'm sure, in the future! Your commitment and passion for these FXR's is not wasted on me, that's for sure! I love it! The information you dig up for us is awesome! And the humor you try to add to it makes reading your posts lotsa fun, like that baby photo! I appreciate all you do here!!! Don't worry, I won't ruin this 1 of 64 beautiful CVO BLUE3 named Joy!!! ;) :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

(cont'd)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #295 on: September 06, 2008, 05:41:15 PM »

(cont'd)

9/3/08
Had her out for a few hours today. Lots of highway and curves. And I gotta say, Tim is pretty spot on with his assessment! The bars are too narrow! But they're also too short. Great for drag racing and bar hopping, but not for rocking and rolling at speed! Now the challenge is those stupid indicator lights in the risers! The bike needs straight risers and taller bars. Actually might need to look at my original combo I thought I wouldn't need on this bike. Now how to get a set of straight 4" risers and maintain the indicator lights in the riser handlebar clamp! But 4" straight risers with 8" tall Flanders #1 bars might be just the ticket. OK, I've got my work cut out for myself on this one!

But the bike as is, tracks like it's on rails! I'm still surprised at how responsive this stock suspension is. But not enough travel. Bike is very stiff over bumps, but that doesn't necessarily mean I've got bitubos back there either. I think I'll be persuing the taller AK-20 and bitubo combo, and raising the suspension at least 1"!

Had the bike over 100 for the first time today. Surprisingly stable and felt good. Not sure I agree with Tim on the gearing. It's geared for highway. But in the stock engine configuration, it can't get out of it's own way below 3 grand! But above 3 grand, this cam ain't too bad. You feel it kick in over 3 grand and it pulls decent to redline! The motor's still tight at higher RPM's, which tells me the PO never pushed this bike at all. It'll be up to me to start stretching it out, which is perfectly fine with me! Cruising at 80 is 3500 RPM, and not 4 grand like earlier Evo 5-speeds. Might be good for gas mileage, which ya'll know how much I care about that! Don't think I'll mess with the gearing though until after the engine mods are done and see how she responds to a more powerful engine first! Cybil's my trip bike, so gearing for the road isn't my priority. Getting her to be quicker is my goal, not necessarily faster!

But the bike is solid! It rides like a new bike. And like all the Evo's, it makes the TC, as some of us have maintained, sound like a pile of junk. Nothing but a smooth sounding engine with these Evo's! Them TC's are junk compared to the Evo! But such is the way of the world. We've made so much progress over the last 100 years, I guess it's time for corporate manufacturing to reverse that trend in the name of profit! I think HD certainly went backwards with the TC replacement of the Evo! Now I have 4 Evo's and 1 TC. Can't see myself ever getting another TC since Cybil will hopefully be with me forever! But the Evos don't give you a damn thing to complain about, Smooth and reliable, just a little small though. And I won't build it radical, so I'll get it up to about 80-85 HP, keep CR under 10:1, and she'll hold together as well as a stocker, without having to whack it all the time like I do now!

All in all, this bike is everything I expected it to be and then some. I'm extremely happy with the way she rides, and not many bikes look better in stock form. Another HD created just for Hoist, and now it's up to me to take it from there, and make a bike HD wished they could build!!! More updates to follow for sure!!! ;)

9/4/08
I think I want to put the mid controls and highway pegs back on, before determining what bars to use. Right now it's like a CA Long Bike feel, but this isn't the bike for that seating position. Taller bars w/the forward controls would work, but again, no sure if this is the bike for that. My FXWG is setup that way. But that bike has more rake, and also has more of that "chopper" look to it. This is more of a sportier style bike compared to the WG! ;)
So......................................................................................Tell me Tim, what CHROME bars are you recommending here for 60 bucks, to use with the stock risers? FXR4 bars? Or just a recommendations on some bars. Would like a little taller and wider. What do ya got? ???

About 2 grand! :o
And worth every penny! :2vrolijk_21:
But not sure when. :(

Stock CA cam in it! And your cam makes all the difference in the world! But ride Cybil, my FXWG, or my Pro Street! You'll know where I'm coming from! S&S 570 on a 95 is nice. The 585 is nicer. The 110 with 595's is even more nicer! Never enough HP Tim! ;)
And then I can get a better feel for the gearing to see if I need to change that. Maybe, maybe not! ::)

My 110" TC is 9.8:1. My 89" Evo is 9.3:1. My 80" Evo is 10:1. All run well, and are reliable engines Some for many years, and some still being tested. But Vern built motors like this have a great history of performance and longevity. I'll see what he has up his sleeve this time. Might not even be this winter. My FXWG needs to get finished first. Then the Hoist Bobber needs to get finished. Then I can think about motor work on this bike........................prolly! :D

Or maybe a 5/8" crank with S&S stroker pistons, using worked stock HD heads and stock cylinders? 89" wicker, with a bone stock look! Great motor! Same as the Pro Street! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

I'm getting a really good feel for this bike already. It's the best FXR I've ever ridden. It's the best FXR ever made! Fitting that Cybil (SERK3) is the best RK ever made! Hmmm, an FXR3 and a SERK3! Ya see a pattern developing here? :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub:

That should bring this up to date in the FXR Board. If anyone's interested in following future progress, I'll be continuing here! :2vrolijk_21

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #296 on: September 06, 2008, 05:43:09 PM »

Tim, if ya feel like it, would be cool if you brought your technical responses over here from that thread too. Then we'll continue this on the FXR  Board where it belongs! ;) :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #297 on: September 06, 2008, 06:02:26 PM »

. . .

If anyone's interested in following future progress, I'll be continuing here! :2vrolijk_21

Hoist! 8)

Hehe!  I wanna hear it all, man!  Right after I get back from a ride on mine, that is! ;) ;D :huepfenjump3:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #298 on: September 10, 2008, 12:03:16 PM »

Hehe!  I wanna hear it all, man!  Right after I get back from a ride on mine, that is! ;) ;D :huepfenjump3:

70 deg out, crystal clear, and a free afternoon! Guess what Joy's doing today?!!! See ya'll later! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #299 on: September 10, 2008, 02:16:39 PM »

70 deg out, crystal clear, and a free afternoon! Guess what Joy's doing today?!!! See ya'll later! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Getting washed from being ridden in the rain last weekend? :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :P
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Page created in 0.373 seconds with 21 queries.