Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36

Author Topic: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!  (Read 85328 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!
« Reply #405 on: November 28, 2008, 06:46:25 PM »

Hoist, I'm anal as heck so don't take this the wrong way. The bike looks outstanding! Love all the mods. If the flame pegs have flames and rubber on both sides I would suggest you rotate the shift side highway peg and the brake side back foot peg. The shorter flame tip should be towards the back of the bike. If there aren't flames and rubber on both sides, if you switch those two pegs, you would get the same result. I know this because I did the same thing with my flamin' pegs and some other anal dude pointed it out to me.

Once again, I lust after the bike, it looks awesome!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #406 on: November 28, 2008, 06:50:13 PM »

Hoist, I'm anal as heck so don't take this the wrong way. The bike looks outstanding! Love all the mods. If the flame pegs have flames and rubber on both sides I would suggest you rotate the shift side highway peg and the brake side back foot peg. The shorter flame tip should be towards the back of the bike. If there aren't flames and rubber on both sides, if you switch those two pegs, you would get the same result. I know this because I did the same thing with my flamin' pegs and some other anal dude pointed it out to me.

Once again, I lust after the bike, it looks awesome!

HeHe!!! I wouldn'ta noticed that in a million years! :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D ;)

They're one-sided. I'll take a look a look and see if it can be "fixed"! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #407 on: November 28, 2008, 07:05:12 PM »

I think if you take the shift side highway peg and switch it with the brake side center peg it will work out. Bike will go faster too! Not as fast as a red bike, but faster.

RedFXR2

« Reply #408 on: November 28, 2008, 07:34:07 PM »

Bike will go faster too! Not as fast as a red bike, but faster.

Got that right. :2vrolijk_21:

;D ;D

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #409 on: November 28, 2008, 07:50:22 PM »

Joy is lookin good, well except for that 170 lbs of ugly  :zroflmao: did  she have internal wiring before the bar swap?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #410 on: November 28, 2008, 08:20:11 PM »

Joy is lookin good, well except for that 170 lbs of ugly  :zroflmao: did  she have internal wiring before the bar swap?
I'm sure there's a warrant out for that .... somewhere ... :ROFLOL: :sauer021:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #411 on: November 28, 2008, 09:31:09 PM »

Joy's looking good, Man........gotta get some of those nifty CHROME zip-tyes for the bars.  Yes, those are some clean clamps for the pipes.   :2vrolijk_21:  Har!  :drink: spyder
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 09:33:28 PM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #412 on: November 28, 2008, 10:07:03 PM »

Joy's looking good, Man........gotta get some of those nifty CHROME zip-tyes for the bars.  Yes, those are some clean clamps for the pipes.   :2vrolijk_21:  Har!  :drink: spyder

Thanks spyd! I'll think about it. I kinda like the contrast with the black wire harness outside. Easy swapout though! ;)

HeHe!!! Hey, I brought up the 170 lbs of ugly! So don't I know it! ;D

The wires were external stock Neal. I wanted to stay with the 1" bars. Flanders makes em pre-drilled for internal, but I kinda used to my street bikes this way. I always used tie wraps instead of those clips HD uses for the harness. ;)

I think if you take the shift side highway peg and switch it with the brake side center peg it will work out. Bike will go faster too! Not as fast as a red bike, but faster.

Don't get carried away with this peg thing bierle! The bike has mid-controls. It's a chrome 1-piece brake lever, not like a forward control setup! No separate brake piece. And I fart in your general direction regarding the color! ;D ;D ;D

Blue isn't fastest either. Black bikes are still the fastest!!! :P :D :D :D

I'm sure there's a warrant out for that .... somewhere ... :ROFLOL: :sauer021:

And watch it there Navy boy! ::) :)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #413 on: November 29, 2008, 12:37:41 PM »

Well mbierle, you were right. I just swapped the L rider peg w/the R Highway peg, and they are all oriented correctly now. They must match the shifter peg, as that's the only one that is in a fixed location, and it determines the orientation of all of the foot pegs. They seem to be made in mirror images, so you can get the same orientation L & R! Good catch mb! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #414 on: November 29, 2008, 12:46:21 PM »

Well mbierle, you were right. I just swapped the L rider peg w/the R Highway peg, and they are all oriented correctly now. They must match the shifter peg, as that's the only one that is in a fixed location, and it determines the orientation of all of the foot pegs. They seem to be made in mirror images, so you can get the same orientation L & R! Good catch mb! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Take some red Krylon to it and it'll still go faster...

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #415 on: November 29, 2008, 12:47:47 PM »

Howie....

But the question is, is it going faster?

Not as fast as a red one though...but is it faster?

Regards

Tim

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #416 on: November 29, 2008, 12:47:53 PM »

Take some red Krylon to it and it'll still go faster...

coffee speww!!!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #417 on: November 29, 2008, 12:56:29 PM »

You FD AND RED guys really KILL ME!!! :nixweiss: :D :D :D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #418 on: November 29, 2008, 01:04:12 PM »

Howie....

But the question is, is it going faster?

Not as fast as a red one though...but is it faster?

Regards

Tim

HeHe!!! Hey Tim, no comment on the Apes on an FXR? Hope ya didn't stroke out when ya saw Joy this time around!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #419 on: November 29, 2008, 02:04:40 PM »

HeHe!!! Hey Tim, no comment on the Apes on an FXR? Hope ya didn't stroke out when ya saw Joy this time around!!!

Now Guys.....you all are my witnesses.....I SAID NOTHING UNTIL ASKED!!!!!!

I knew when I saw you either kissing the board or hitting your head on the board.......that life for "JOY" would be different.....it was at this point, I knew that "JOY" was just going to be different.....(said twice for emphasis)    :2vrolijk_21:  LAUGHING QUITE HARD.....

:bananarock:

Let's just say that I love the 10" Wild One Mini Apes On My Road King Classic of which you were a TREMENDOUS help to me with those....THANK YOU!!! providing excellent photos but let's just say THEY WILL NEVER BE APES ON my FXR2.......

But I have to remind myself....that you are riding in NYC and surrounding areas while I get to ride in these lovely canyons in Colorado....putting my FXR2 into nice curves and enjoy the slightly bent forward feel of the flanders bars I have which are a bit wider than "OEM" (doing my best to convince others the "errors" of your ways...lol) giving even more handling performance in those lovely mountain curves.....but I realize when you are screamin at one of them there TAXI'S that are cuttin you off in NYC or surrounding areas that having your hand in the UPPER position on the "JOY" gives you more CHANCE FOR IMMEDIATE REACTION.....lol

Howie, Howie, Howie......I just "KNEW" "JOY'S" days were numbered......

:bananarock:

Regards,

Tim

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your curser next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your curser on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]

« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 02:17:04 PM by FXR2evo99 »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.