Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Author Topic: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!  (Read 85322 times)

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!
« Reply #465 on: December 05, 2008, 05:25:43 PM »

look how far these bars are pulled back ........ when I first put them on in 2001 I used to ride with them straight in line with the forks ......I changed that after about 6 months and went for comfort over some look that not many folks even notice........... well that's my story and I'm stickin to it   :huepfenlol2:

2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #466 on: December 05, 2008, 08:01:33 PM »

look how far these bars are pulled back ........ when I first put them on in 2001 I used to ride with them straight in line with the forks ......I changed that after about 6 months and went for comfort over some look that not many folks even notice........... well that's my story and I'm stickin to it   :huepfenlol2:

Kinda made 'pullbacks' out of 'um.  Nothing wrong with the laid-back riding style.  :) har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #469 on: December 09, 2008, 01:05:13 PM »

Look @ Mikey's Tangerine FXR4  :2vrolijk_21:......man is that a great looking bike or what......and doesn't the profile and stance of that bike look amazing as well.....WHAT A GORGOUS bike.....and Mikey is set up for touring as well obviously.......these bikes are nearly 200 lbs lighter than the 2009 Touring Models.....and you throw on one of those 110 CVO engines...and you got nothin but dead weight....LOL.....after all 110 must weigh more than 80 heck look it's a math problem ie: 30" cubic inches must make up some sort of lbs right? ? ? ?  :nixweiss:...LOL   lookin over at Howie.....laughin.....

:bananarock:

Regards,

Tim

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #470 on: December 09, 2008, 06:12:39 PM »

Look @ Mikey's Tangerine FXR4  :2vrolijk_21:......man is that a great looking bike or what......and doesn't the profile and stance of that bike look amazing as well.....WHAT A GORGOUS bike.....and Mikey is set up for touring as well obviously.......

Thanks for all your  kind words Tim !!

Yep, I was touring on that trip. That was in Aug. this year.  I rode from SC up into MI and rode with a buddy 360 degrees around Lake MI .... and across the U.P.
we had a BLAST !!!!!!!!!!!  I logged just under 5K miles on that trip ............ GIDDY UP !!!!!!!!

these bikes are nearly 200 lbs lighter than the 2009 Touring Models.....

that's only ONE of the many reasons that I prefer my bike over the touring models !!!  SPORT TOURING !!!!!!!!

and you throw on one of those 110 CVO engines...and you got nothin but dead weight....LOL.....after all 110 must weigh more than 80 heck look it's a math problem ie: 30" cubic inches must make up some sort of lbs right? ? ? ?

sure sure sure ..... no doubt,  RIGHT ?????

:nixweiss:...LOL   lookin over at Howie.....laughin.....

Regards,

Tim

I'm like all yall,  LOVIN MY FXR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #471 on: December 15, 2008, 09:33:11 PM »

Look @ Mikey's Tangerine FXR4  :2vrolijk_21:......man is that a great looking bike or what......and doesn't the profile and stance of that bike look amazing as well.....WHAT A GORGOUS bike.....and Mikey is set up for touring as well obviously.......these bikes are nearly 200 lbs lighter than the 2009 Touring Models.....and you throw on one of those 110 CVO engines...and you got nothin but dead weight....LOL.....after all 110 must weigh more than 80 heck look it's a math problem ie: 30" cubic inches must make up some sort of lbs right? ? ? ?  :nixweiss:...LOL   lookin over at Howie.....laughin.....

Regards,

Tim

HeHe!!! But it's power:weight, right Tim! The rest of the garbage barge is what weighs em down. Put that 110 on an FXR and hold on tight!!! My 89" Pro Street blows away my SERK, and of course my other Evos. But it weighs only 515 lbs. Can't wait to see what the 110 Evo in my FXWG will do against the Pro Street! Should be fun! :huepfenjump3:

After all these years, I do however prefer touring on a RK than on a street bike now. 2-up, long days, lotsa chit, gets a lil fatiguing to me these days. I can ride all day on my SERK, get to our stop, and ride to dinner. Everything I need with me. And with the 110 and good suspension, it's a pretty decent hot rod too! It ain't no FXR3, but way more practical for Binx and I on the road! But I have 4 other Street Bikes. So what does that say about what I think a REAL bike is! It's also why I ride a SERK and not an FD! Them FD guys really KILL ME!!! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #472 on: December 15, 2008, 09:49:43 PM »

Nice...

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #473 on: December 16, 2008, 01:50:04 AM »

HeHe!!! But it's power:weight, right Tim! The rest of the garbage barge is what weighs em down. Put that 110 on an FXR and hold on tight!!!

Howie......

I can't believe you are saying that about the 110...... :nixweiss:  with all the problems with the 110 to be put in any bike is merely a statement that someone likes "stationary" ART!!!!  cause it sure ain't "rollin" ART!!!!!!!   

Regards,

Tim

ps  what's an FD   :nixweiss:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #474 on: December 16, 2008, 07:39:23 AM »

HeHe!!! But it's power:weight, right Tim! The rest of the garbage barge is what weighs em down. Put that 110 on an FXR and hold on tight!!!

Howie......

I can't believe you are saying that about the 110...... :nixweiss:  with all the problems with the 110 to be put in any bike is merely a statement that someone likes "stationary" ART!!!!  cause it sure ain't "rollin" ART!!!!!!!   

Regards,

Tim

ps  what's an FD   :nixweiss:

HeHe!!! I wasn't talkin about HD's 110! I don't have one of them! I built my own 110 for Cybil! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

FD=Full Dresser! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #475 on: December 23, 2008, 08:45:04 AM »

Cleaning up my Emails, I came across one I got from my bike a few months ago. Thought I'd share it with youze!!!

"Hi. My name is Joy! I’ve just acquired a new owner who seems very passionate about having me. I’m excited to be finally getting the attention I deserve. After all, I’m one special motorcycle! I’ve heard my new owner is a little wild when it comes to riding style and modifications. Well, don’t worry, I’ve got what it takes to handle what he’ll dish out. And I’ll love every minute of it too. I’ve been waiting 9 years to be let out of the pen and let loose, and be treated really special. Now maybe I’ll finally get the chance to run like the wind as I was made to do! Well, wish me luck with my new owner! I think I’m gonna need it! But I’m up to the task!!!"

See, she really IS the bike for me!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: ;)

Hoist! 8)

elvislee

« Reply #476 on: December 23, 2008, 11:31:04 AM »

Ride it like it's yours....Whoa :o it is yours  ;D

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #477 on: December 26, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »

Elvislee  .............. you crack me up man  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #478 on: December 26, 2008, 07:24:58 PM »

Looks pretty cool...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #479 on: August 16, 2009, 01:48:28 PM »

Hmmm........haven't been here in awhile. A lot's been done to Joy since I got her. And she's in right now for a lot more! Before I even had her shipped to me from CA, I had Jim do a buncha stuff to her. S&S Super E, Cycle Shack M pipes, Dyna ignition/coils, chrome F master cyl, new rear tire, can't remember what else now. When I got her home, I changed the bars to Flanders "Original Apes" 12.5", and used 4" risers. Still not enough pullback, so I went back to the stock 4"pullback risers. Much better, but a lil too tall. So I'm going with 2.5" pullback risers. This should put it where I need it. Also reinstalled the mid-controls/highway peg setup she was stock with. Forward controls don't belong on an FXR. Changed to HD Flame Collection pegs and grips. I added the 330mm bitubo shocks (and they seem to be MADE for this bike), a buncha chrome brackets to replace stock galv. ones, larger HD passenger backrest with HD Sport Luggage Rack, and chrome starter solenoid cover!

Now to finish her up (for now anyway). Not going to take the engine apart yet, but time for a cam, that's for damn sure! This is the work she's at Vern's right now for:

-Andrews EV27 cam, B138 inner cam bearing, Sifton Lifters, new cam chest and rocker box gaskets. Adjust timing and carb.
-Carlini Torque Arm
-Custom Cycle Engineering Fork Brace
-HD 4-1/2" Bullet Halogen Headlight Assembly
-PM Chrome 6-piston DB front and 4-piston rear calipers
-Adjure Flush Front Axle
-Chrome Rear Axle, Spacers and Hardware
-Traxxion AK-20 Cartridge Fork Conversion
-Chrome Lower Shock Bolts
-Remount rear turn signals as close to the rear strut as possible
-Repack and adjust neck bearings
-Braided SS Speedo cable
-Velve Ride Polished Stabilizers

I also plan to dyno her before and after the work just to see how that cam does. Yeah, full report to follow! Youze expect anything less! ;)

That should catch youze up for now. Here's a pic of how she looked last before I dropped her off yesterday! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! :coolblue:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:47:00 PM by Hoist! »

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 21 queries.