Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2 INTO 1 EXHAUST  (Read 7109 times)

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
2 INTO 1 EXHAUST
« on: February 21, 2005, 05:36:52 AM »

« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 04:37:27 AM by MAVERICK »
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
Re: HOOKER 2 INTO 1 EXHAUST
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 09:38:28 AM »

if you are going with a 2into 1 pipe,
you might as well put a thunderheader, or a v&h propipe on. best results in the same order.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: HOOKER 2 INTO 1 EXHAUST
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 12:55:55 PM »

Maverick, step tuned exhaust has been around for awhile (not sure how long Hooker has had it, thow).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 12:59:15 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 08:40:24 AM »

I have been looking at various information about exhaust system and have compiled some interesting facts. One thing for sure is theres a lot of marketing going on out there in exhaust system land and you have to be careful what type of system you purchase.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 09:50:05 AM by MAVERICK »
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re:  2 INTO 1 EXHAUST
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 10:07:12 AM »

In my experience the Thunderheader is the best 2-1 pipe out there. Having said that my wrench says that there is marginal difference between it and the Propipe. Only a couple of HP on the top end.

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 01:51:20 PM »

I suppose all the gobble-dee-gook is interesting to engineering types, but Maverick... your post made my head hurt! I just don't think exhaust needs to be that complicated. Certainly there are posts on this site and dyno results for almost every pipe that's out there. My advice is to check these out and not worry so much about whatever you said in your post. I don't mean any offense by this. It just may not interst alot of folks on the site who have been through a lot of diffeent kinds of pipes.

mfgreen

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 02:37:07 PM »

I suppose all the gobble-dee-gook is interesting to engineering types, but Maverick... your post made my head hurt! I just don't think exhaust needs to be that complicated. Certainly there are posts on this site and dyno results for almost every pipe that's out there. My advice is to check these out and not worry so much about whatever you said in your post. I don't mean any offense by this. It just may not interst alot of folks on the site who have been through a lot of diffeent kinds of pipes.

PCC,
Better your head should hurt than buying it twice or three times and have diminished wallet syndrome.  I thought that what Brett Maverick was doing was pointing out the levels of quality and quantity of choices can be staggering.  Being armed with the snippets of knowledge can affect an important decision about spending the money and feeling like you got your moneys worth.  Just like a channel changer....skip the post.  Iwrite a lot of stuff here and I am certain that if 90% of the folks skip it 10% want to read it.  Some folks need to get this information to make decisions.  Some members are just as strongly impassioned with this part of motorcycling as well as with others like how much does your chrome weigh or what color is it or how loud is it or what's that noise....... or what color is your turbo twice piped camel jockey CVO.  Some just do not have resources or experience availed to them as you might and maybe this is where they get all of their answers.

Mike

Dallas

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 03:08:53 PM »

UGLY

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 04:33:56 PM »

The best 2 into1 exhuast like all others is one that is tuneable.  Most poeple install exhaust and then tune the bike for it,  but with a tuneable exhaust like white brothers that have tuneable dics that you can add or subtract are a better way to go because you are not limited by the exhasut to get the most out of the motor.   JMTC
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 04:41:29 PM »

You know when your working in Israel there is not a lot to do but ride camels and read about motorcycles. Yes it was in little indepth but I found it fasinating about how it all works and wanted to share it with the ones that are hungry for knowledge. Oh and by the way I am a field engineer by trade. [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 05:36:04 PM »

D&D Performance, Fort Worth , Texas, their exhausts have a low rumble sound, increase performance, fit is great, don't turn blue (at least mine don't), ask for D&D Fat Cats, 2 into 1 with fake left side. you won't be disappointed. I don't work there, just passing along the info. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re:
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 09:18:54 PM »

Oh and by the way I am a field engineer by trade. [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

And it looks like Israel has a lot of fields!

Magoo is a tunnel engineer.........or something like that.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 09:19:37 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re:
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 11:37:33 PM »

D&D Performance, Fort Worth , Texas, their exhausts have a low rumble sound, increase performance, fit is great, don't turn blue (at least mine don't), ask for D&D Fat Cats, 2 into 1 with fake left side. you won't be disappointed. I don't work there, just passing along the info. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=worthless.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 08:30:25 AM »

Surveyor by trade with my specialty being tunnels.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 11:06:39 PM »

So here I go being different...the tuner I use showed me comparisons and they are able to get more out of the V&H pro pipe...not much but some. The pro pipe has changeable baffles...street and competition being the ones I am aware of...and the sound is great! I posted a dyno sheet a few days ago on the electra glide discussion page
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 11:07:35 PM by tonys »
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 24 queries.