Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 04 Blk/Blu Paint Code  (Read 10614 times)

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
04 Blk/Blu Paint Code
« on: April 04, 2005, 11:34:18 PM »

Today I was trying to help a paint shop somewhere in the Eastern US to get a paint match for the Starlight Black on the 04 Black / Cobalt Blue SEEG belonging to someone on this forum. The local painter that I used didn't have it and told me I supplied a PPG match for him. To make a long story short in the end one of my employees managed to get the match and did in fact supply it to my painter. We found the code on the invoice from a year ago, so for anyone else who might need a PPG equivalent of the Black, the code is:
PPG# DBG-NG08, Deltron 2000 Base.
I can't vouch for the validity, but it is the number that the paint supplier put on the invoice and the paint did match in the end.
Darrell

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: 04 Blk/Blu Paint Code
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 01:26:27 AM »

You're saying that it is the Starlight Black with the blue flake in it? [smiley=confused.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 10:52:57 AM »

There is a paint process to get the match with the blue flake. The painter in Maryland that I just spoke with said that the PPG No. that I provided him saves him hours of time in trying to color match. He said that it gets him 90% there and the rest is in the process. I am not a painter so I have no idea what is involved, just relaying what he told me.
Darrell

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 11:27:22 AM »

OK, I'm just enough of a painter to understand what he's saying.  thanks a bunch. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 05:06:15 PM »

Paint Code Correction

The code I previously posted was the price code, NOT the paint code. Found out this morning and to be sure I had some paint prepared and brought home for future use.

The correct paint code (from the label on the can) is: DBC904363

Sorry for the ealier mistake.
Darrell

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 09:53:30 AM »

Vital information for the B/B SEEG Owners.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 12:03:22 PM »

Paint Code Correction

The code I previously posted was the price code, NOT the paint code. Found out this morning and to be sure I had some paint prepared and brought home for future use.

The correct paint code (from the label on the can) is: DBC904363
Sorry for the ealier mistake.
I believe the code is: DBG904363  :2vrolijk_21:  spyder

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 01:17:58 PM »

I believe the code is: DBG904363  :2vrolijk_21:  spyder
I hope that you didn't learn that the hard way, Spyder.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 10:04:40 PM »

Thank GOD I did not learn the hard way...but I am satisfied with my repair job on the saddle bag...

Good Luck

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 12:58:57 AM »

When I bought my Blue/Black, I picked up a touch up kit from the HD Dealer. The HD part number for the Kit is 94231 and in the kit are two small bottles one is Candy Cobalt Blue and on that bottle their is a number 33H084. The other bottle is the Starlight Black and the number on this bottle is 39H011.

I do not know if these two numbers are the actual paint codes or just part numbers for the the bottles of touch up paint.

My painter here in Calgary Doug Veness is excellent, when I had the Pseudo SE Road Glide painted the 05 Candy Apple Red Cherry Black, I took a saddlebag I bought off eBay and he matched the paint and pin stripping perfectly.

Hope this helps.

geezerglide

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 05:44:38 PM »

I had Chad Chambers Customs in Daytona Beach paint my tour pak B/B this summer. It took quite a while to find a mixer to match the black perfectly but they finally did it. You will be much quicker now that he knows the trick.
http://www.cccustoms.biz/ is the URL for his web site.
This picture does not do the job justice.
386-254-7900 is the phone number. Twink is his second in command.
I would go back to this shop for more work if needed.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 05:57:29 PM »

Here is a better picture of the whole package. The purple tint in the black is what gave the mixer the problems. The stripe and the blues were not an issue.
I am happy!
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 06:00:37 PM »

I had Chad Chambers Customs in Daytona Beach paint my tour pak B/B this summer. It took quite a while to find a mixer to match the black perfectly but they finally did it. You will be much quicker now that he knows the trick.
http://www.cccustoms.biz/ is the URL for his web site.
This picture does not do the job justice.
386-254-7900 is the phone number. Twink is his second in command.
I would go back to this shop for more work if needed.
Thanks for the info.  Always good to have both good and bad reports on custom painters.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder

hogasm

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 06:02:18 PM »

Here is a better picture of the whole package. The purple tint in the black is what gave the mixer the problems. The stripe and the blues were not an issue.
I am happy!

Looks great

do you have the code for the gold stripe :nixweiss:

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 06:18:04 PM »

Does anyone have the code for Twilight blue? kb
kb
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.