Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 04's has anyone changed out license plate to 05?  (Read 863 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
04's has anyone changed out license plate to 05?
« on: November 13, 2005, 05:55:32 AM »

I saw a 04 pumpkin with the 05 License plate setup? i was thinking about it myself but dont want to cover that pretty fender. I also just go the Kuryakyn tailight and it has the light pointing up for the plate. It did look nice though. He also had that rack that comes on the 05's. Anyone here done it? By the way, got my plate [size=14]HDCVO[/size]
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: 04's has anyone changed out license plate to 0
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 09:31:18 AM »

By the way, got my plate [size=14]HDCVO[/size]

Wasn't there a prize for whoever suggested the winning plate?

What had the '04 ownder done withe the cloisonne on the rear fender?  I think you'd have to elminate that and use a SUBTOTRF (Stupid Ugly Black Thing On The Rear Fender - an old, inside joke around here) in it's place.  That, and covering up the painted fender like you mentioned would be reason enough for me to stay with the '04 setup.  I've seen some '04s with the lay-back plates and they look very nice as well.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 10:45:04 AM »

Cool plate Bro [smiley=drink.gif]
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 07:43:44 PM »

Wasn't there a prize for whoever suggested the winning plate?

What had the '04 ownder done withe the cloisonne on the rear fender?  I think you'd have to elminate that and use a SUBTOTRF (Stupid Ugly Black Thing On The Rear Fender - an old, inside joke around here) in it's place.  That, and covering up the painted fender like you mentioned would be reason enough for me to stay with the '04 setup.  I've seen some '04s with the lay-back plates and they look very nice as well.

He just left the emblem, It was dangerouslly close to the paint.( I wonder if I could fabricate a bracket and attach it directly to the small chrome bar that holds the turn signals) and you could just make out half of the emblem. It didnt look too bad. I'm going to bring my camera next week, if its still there. I need to send pics of the plate too. Yes, there was a prize for the plate, I bought myself  a bunch of new goodies and took the wife out to a nice dinner for going to the MVd and waiting two hours. Oh yeah, and I bought myself some nice cold beers too!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.