Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: 04 SEEG owners, I need some help!  (Read 4513 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
04 SEEG owners, I need some help!
« on: January 30, 2006, 12:38:44 PM »

I bought the HD antenna relocation kit for my 04 O/B SEEG. The trouble is, the antenna cable on the bike isnt long enough to reach the new bracket. It sits too high to just use the old bracket thats attached to the license plate bracket. Has anyone here run into this problem? Whats the fix?
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: 04 SEEG owners, I need some help!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 07:53:18 AM »

Nobody's replied yet, so I'll take a stab at it. You don't say how much too short it is, but I'll bet if you follow the cable back towards the front of the bike you can find some slack. Went thru that on a Buds bike and we were able to gain enough slack to make it work.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 11:19:37 AM »

Nobody's replied yet, so I'll take a stab at it. You don't say how much too short it is, but I'll bet if you follow the cable back towards the front of the bike you can find some slack. Went thru that on a Buds bike and we were able to gain enough slack to make it work.

I need to get a full couple inches at least. I went back to the front of the tank and kind of lost the cable, I broke a couple of cable ties thinking that would give me some length but it really didnt. I was hoping to find someone on here that did the actual relocation, Its probably under the fairing, I dont want to go there. Thanks anyway. Mike
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 02:16:09 PM »

Not sure where it's at, I went with the Dakota Digital hidden antenna.  However, if it's under the fairing, the fairing is really easy to take off.  You can take it off and put it back on in less than five minutes......it really is that simple.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 03:09:09 PM »

If you put socks over the passing lamps as twolanerider has explained in the past, the front fairing is truly a breeze to take off.  The socks are are the saving factor.  Really.   :D ;) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 10:53:33 PM »

Had my faring off couple weeks ago for the first time and wow what breeze to take off and put back on. I installed eglide goodies antenna inside faring, hog tunes speakers and leather dash. I noticed I had 8-10 of slack of attenna cable inside faring and was inside a shrinked wrap harnnes. Dont know if you could pull out or not. I tugged on mine a little with no give, just left alone. Hooked up hidden attenna works great and buttoned up in 30 min.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 12:13:16 PM »

Had my faring off couple weeks ago for the first time and wow what breeze to take off and put back on. I installed eglide goodies antenna inside faring, hog tunes speakers and leather dash. I noticed I had 8-10 of slack of attenna cable inside faring and was inside a shrinked wrap harnnes. Dont know if you could pull out or not. I tugged on mine a little with no give, just left alone. Hooked up hidden attenna works great and buttoned up in 30 min.
I've heard good and bad about those fairing antennas, but, I know its stupid, I like the whip antenna? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Was it inside a harness, or was it just wrapped up as extra where I could cut it out?

Thanks, Mike
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 10:32:06 AM »

CVOwner, I can identify with your problem.  My wife says the samething.  Honey, you just need a couple more inches. ;D  I had my installation completed by a dealer tech.  Under the seat I have what I guess you would call an antenna wire junction box or coupling.  I also have the antenna relocation bracket with police look alike antenna.  That antenna wire goes to the junction when in use.  When I install my chopped tour box with its own antenna mounted on the back, I unscrew the antenna wire at the junction box under the seat that goes to the antenna on the relocation bracket and replace it with the antenna wire from the tour box.  That wire hooks to the tour box antenna inside the box and comes out the bottom of the box in the left front corner and goes straight down behind the left  saddle bag along the top edge.  I also just leave the antenna wire hooked to the relocation bracket.  If it bothers you I guess you could take it off.  Hope this helps.  If you have any questions, send me a PM.  
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 11:09:59 AM »

CVOwner,
Here is a picture of relocation kit and I've labeled the parts. From what I can gather is you are having trouble connecting to "Bracket" that fits on tour pak rack/backrest rack. If this is the case then you will have to trace cable back and find some slack somewhere to attach it to "Bracket".

When I purchased my bike I added tour pak on detachable rack at dealer before taking delivery so I never saw it in it's stock form.

In picture you will see parts labeled Adapter, Bracket, and Cable

Adapter will fit on post where your whip antenna is now.

Bracket is what is attached to tour pak/backrest rack, which had my whip antennae attached.

Cable is what I attach to adapter and run that up into bottom of tour pack and attach to antennae mount inside tour pak

Hope this helps.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 11:34:55 AM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 11:31:30 AM »

I will check when I get home and let you know exactly what my relocation bracket attaches to.  Without looking I know it is on the left side, behind the saddlebag, behind the turn signal, and below the top of the saddle bag.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 12:09:31 PM »

"Bracket" as labeled up above mounts down on the bike; not up on the tour back.  The piece I relabeled in green here is what attaches to the tour pak itself.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 12:13:12 PM »

Here's a scan out of the parts manual to give a general idea of layout.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 12:14:57 PM by twolanerider »

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 05:04:22 PM »

Here's a scan out of the parts manual to give a general idea of layout.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 05:05:49 PM »

I'll take some pictures tonight and post them. I'm sure theres some slack in the fairing, I just dont want to go there. Or under the tank.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 05:59:57 PM »

You don't have to do that.  Take it loose at the back antenna.  Attach it to a junction box (go to Radio Shack).  Now roll it up and put it under the seat.  Get a shorter antenna wire that will attach to the other end of the junction box and will reach to the other end of the antenna wire from your tour box.  Bam, your done. ;)

Gordon

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 10:21:45 PM »

OK forget whatever I said. Looked at it tonight and took some photos, but I don't think the photo deal is going to happen for me tonight.  I do have a junction fitting under the seat and it is strapped to the piece that the driver's back rest sticks into.  Second I have an antenna relocation kit and it is held on by the same screws that hold the lay down license plate.  If you took the license plate off you could see the screws.  OK now when I am using the police look alike antenna, the original antenna wire that came with the bike screws into the relocation bracket.  Now we want to use the tour box. OK, detach antenna wire from bottom of bracket and attach it to the antenna junction installed under the seat.  Just roll up the extra cord and attach it to the right side of the junction box.  Note I said right side as there is a reason.  Mount the tour box and my tour box antenna wire comes out the  left front bottom of the tour box.  I measured mine and it estends 16 inches beyond the tour box which is just about perfect to screw into the right end of the antenna junction box.  I have to take off the antenna on the relocation bracket before I put the tour pack on.  As stated earlier, I use the short rubber antenna I bought at Radio Shack for the tour box.  Well there you go.  Sorry I  could not figure out the photo deal tonight.  I'm going to go fix myself a drink.    

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 01:42:21 AM »

Gordon,

You had your picture files enclosed inside of ZIP archives.  The ZIP file itself isn't a graphics file so it can't display and the individual picture files would need to be uploaded separately.  

I grabbed the ZIP files and uncompressed the images, resized the pictures from your original 1600x1200 down to 800x600 so they'd display correctly on the site here and will get them posted for you here.

And off we go...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 01:42:42 AM »

next

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 01:43:16 AM »

next

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 01:43:34 AM »

next

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 01:43:56 AM »

next

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 01:44:24 AM »

and last

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 09:51:10 AM »

Twolaner-you da' man!  Thank you for the help on the photos.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2006, 09:59:47 AM »

2004 SEEG Orange/Black

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006, 12:39:38 PM »

I measured my antenna cable from my tour pak last night.  It was very close to 16 inches beyond the tour pak and it will reach the junction shown in the photo.   You could always move the junction if you needed alittle more room.  Good Luck! [smiley=banana.gif]  

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2006, 12:42:43 PM »

By the way.  That little rag on top of the back fender in photo#1 stays there when I put the seat on.  Keeps the seat from scratching the top of the fender.  I'm a neat freak.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 05:29:13 PM »

Has anyone done this upgrade? Antenna relocation kit. I'm going to have to remove the fairing, I'm sure theres some extra length under there, but am I going to have to lift the tank? I hope its not in the harness, probably just running along side of it. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 05:57:39 PM »

CVOwner--Let's make sure we are together.  I did not take the fairing off for this upgrade.  The antenna cable that came with the bike is already in the fairing and hooked to the radio and goes all the way back under the seat to my antenna relocation bracket at the license plate.  You unhook it from the antenna--roll up the excess under you seat and screw it into the junction that you have to go buy at Radio Shack and screw in the antenna wire from your tour box to the other side of the junction.  You then have a line from the tour box non-stop to the radio.  If I am misunderstanding your intention, I apologize in advance.  If I can do it it is easy I can assure you.  

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 08:40:12 AM »

CVOwner--Let's make sure we are together.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 08:59:34 AM »

Hotlineguy,

I'm sorry I'm not understanding you. There is no excess under my seat. The stock antenna is attached to the bracket that is attached to the license plate. The new bracket attaches to the new detachable bracket for the tour pack. My STOCK antenna cable wont reach to the new bracket location. I dont want to modify it like you have in the pictures. Reason: I dont want to have to take off the seat to change from tour pack to no tour pack. I want the relocation to work as the moco suggests.
Sorry for my ignorance, but why wouldn't you leave the antenna cable connected to the bracket, and just attach the antenna cable from the Tour Pak to the antenna side of the existing bracket with an adapter?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 01:51:55 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 01:27:23 PM »

Sorry for my ignorance, but why wouldn't you leave the antenna connected to the bracket, and just attach the antenna cable from the Tour Pak to the antenna side of the existing bracket with an adapter?

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 08:30:54 AM »

I think you've got it GRC. Leave the antenna cable attached to the fixed detachable mount and simply run another cable through the tour pak and back to it. Never have to unscrew the cable that goes to the fairing.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 09:43:50 AM »

Yeah, that would be great, and OBVIOUSLY I would do that if its possible. But, on the 04's it sticks up too high and would actually touch the tour pack when it is in place. The new bracket in the package is the bracket they use on the 05's. I need to post pictures.

????....mine works fine as described ('04 SEEG, black & blue).
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2006, 09:44:42 AM »

Yeah, that would be great, and OBVIOUSLY I would do that if its possible. But, on the 04's it sticks up too high and would actually touch the tour pack when it is in place. The new bracket in the package is the bracket they use on the 05's. I need to post pictures.
OK - now I get it.  The antenna brkt on yours mounts higher, with no room for the long adapter under the tour pak.  How about if you eliminate the adapter and come up with a connector for the cable that will screw directly onto the stub for the whip antenna?  Would there be enough room for that?  If so, perhaps Radio Shack would have something you could use as a connector.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2006, 03:15:02 PM »

????....mine works fine as described ('04 SEEG, black & blue).

Bungy,

You still have the bracket that attaches behind the license plate bracket and it works? HMM very interesting!

Mike
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
    • AB

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2006, 04:34:20 PM »

I used the re-lo kit & adaptor that came w/ it. Attached bracket beside lic plate, cable plugs in btm, whip (or tour pak cable w/ adaptor) on top, 5 min job.

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2006, 05:45:42 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Let's see that re-lo kit
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
    • AB

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2006, 08:22:50 PM »

Wont be home until the end of feb - be glad to send a pic then

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2006, 02:50:44 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Let's see that re-lo kit

Heres the exploded view
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
    • AB

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2006, 08:20:53 PM »

That's the baby. #10 stays screwed onto tour-pak cable, whip fits on #20.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.51 seconds with 24 queries.