Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "C" Version front motor mount  (Read 994 times)

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
"C" Version front motor mount
« on: May 18, 2006, 01:01:21 PM »

Just a heads up concerning front motor mounts.  
About a month ago I had my broken front motor mount replaced with the "c" version under warranty. When I got the bike back it vibrated so bad at idle that it made my teeth bleed. I went back to the local dealer to buy a "b" version but HD had the dealer send them all back.
  My local parts guy found some "B" version types from an aftermarket supplier and ordered one for me. I put the "B" type back in and my bike is a lot smoother at idle, more like it's old self.
  I noticed that the "c" version was a bit different in design and that the rubber was MUCH harder than the "b" type mount.
  I think that I would rather change out the "B" version mount every couple of years or so than put up with all of the vibration from the new and "improved" "C" type mount.
  I have talked to several guys that have had the new mounts put in and all complained of a lot more vibration at idle and in town.
 [smiley=drink.gif]
MObe

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
Re: "C" Version front motor mount
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 01:29:39 PM »

Thanks for the info! BTW, I get a buzzing in my floorboards at 3000 - 3500 rpm. Is everyone else getting this? It's annoying but I can live with it if it's "normal".

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 01:34:49 PM »

I realize these are replaced under warranty but has anyone used the front motor mount made by Velva Ride (V Thunder)?  They advertise 20% smoother than stock.  It can be seen at http://www.vthunder.com/technical/currentcatalog/images/13.jpg       ..
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 01:41:55 PM by Boatman »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 01:37:02 PM »

Thanks for the info! BTW, I get a buzzing in my floorboards at 3000 - 3500 rpm. Is everyone else getting this? It's annoying but I can live with it if it's "normal".

I get that in my head, especially when I get up too quick after a few [smiley=drink.gif]

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 01:50:23 PM »

I get that in my head, especially when I get up too quick after a few [smiley=drink.gif]
Me too!  ;D Must have migrated to my feet.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.