Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Stage 1 Race" calibration download  (Read 1248 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
"Stage 1 Race" calibration download
« on: May 31, 2006, 05:30:32 PM »

Recently had my DFO die on me (installed when bike was stock to eliminate surging & stalling issues, kept it after installing SE air cleaner and SE mufflers, bike ran well), and rather than try another add-on device I decided to get the H-D calibration cartridge 32926-03B installed.  I had to ride the bike with a totally stock ECM for a short time, and it was obviously lean at low speeds and had just a little popping in the exhaust on decel below 2000 rpm.  After the calibration install, I am hard pressed to feel any difference from the stock calibration, except now I have a louder and more pronounced decel popping which occurs from higher rpm and lasts longer.  Has anyone else with the Stage 1 Race calibration experienced a similar situation?  At this point, I feel like the MoCo just got me again, with $190 thrown down a rat hole.  I certainly expected to be able to feel a difference, and not gain a new problem in the bargain.  

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
Re: "Stage 1 Race" calibration download
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 06:47:07 PM »

Mine is the same way?I have been waiting for a call from Zippers for two weeks on a Thunder Max?I think they are still on back order. [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
hdnut

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 07:20:45 PM »

Mine is the same way?I [highlight]have been waiting for a call from Zippers for two weeks on a Thunder Max?[/highlight]I think they are still on back order. [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Give John Kitzmiller a call, tell him you are from the CVO Harley web site, and maybe he can help.  410-579-2828  x145

BTW - I'm one of the folks who returned a T-Max.  Never could make it start and run as well as the stock ECM with DFO, gave up after 3 maps and a few other tweaks recommended by Zipper's.  I'm one of the "If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all" people.  As much as I don't want to do the PowerCommander / dyno tune thing, it's starting to look like I don't have much choice.  I won't go back to the DFO, because when it failed the bike barely ran.  The connections are at the fuel injectors, and you have to either remove or prop up the tank to get to them.  This is not something I want to have to do on the side of the road with a hot engine.    

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 11:29:49 AM »

Recently had my DFO die on me (installed when bike was stock to eliminate surging & stalling issues, kept it after installing SE air cleaner and SE mufflers, bike ran well), and rather than try another add-on device I decided to get the H-D calibration cartridge 32926-03B installed.  I had to ride the bike with a totally stock ECM for a short time, and it was obviously lean at low speeds and had just a little popping in the exhaust on decel below 2000 rpm.  After the calibration install, I am hard pressed to feel any difference from the stock calibration, except now I have a louder and more pronounced decel popping which occurs from higher rpm and lasts longer.  Has anyone else with the Stage 1 Race calibration experienced a similar situation?  At this point, I feel like the MoCo just got me again, with $190 thrown down a rat hole.  I certainly expected to be able to feel a difference, and not gain a new problem in the bargain.  

Jerry

i had the same problem before i installed a power commander.
before you had a lean pop, now you have a little too much fuel in the zero% throttle position.
no biggie. a little popping won't hurt anything.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.