Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: 0  (Read 7390 times)

egultrac

« on: July 31, 2009, 11:13:16 PM »

!!!     
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:27:04 PM by egultrac »
08 FLHTCUSE3, 09 FLHTCUSE4, 15 FLTRUSE, 17 FLHTKSE, 19 FLHTKSE, 19 FLTRXSE.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 2010 Victory
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 11:45:19 PM »

IMO I think it looks like an Arlen Ness piece of crap  :'(
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:47:03 PM by sportygordy »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 08:18:21 AM »

I really like them.
They are perfect for someone that is looking for a bike to graduate from to a Harley.
What I like best about them is there are none in my garage.
IMHO, of course!

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 09:40:47 AM »

Can't help but if Victory is starting to leave the MoCo in the dust. These bikes look awesome. This 2010 Cross Country might put up some stiff competition to the Street Glide.     

Those bikes are a bit too futuristic looking...like something off the Jetsons.  I don't think they have the same appeal that a Harley or Indian does.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 09:55:22 AM »

Those bikes are a bit too futuristic looking...like something off the Jetsons.  I don't think they have the same appeal that a Harley or Indian does.

I think that's the entire idea; something different for those who are tired of the same ol' same ol'.  I don't think the market needs another copy or clone of a Harley or Indian and it's 19xx styling. 

One of my pet peeves with the weenies who make the styling decisions in the auto industry is that they have all lost any semblance of balls.  Take the easy way, just copy what everyone else is doing, don't dare to be different.  That's how we have gone from easily identifiable brands in the good old days to the current situation where you have to get close enough to read the badges to figure out which brand you're looking at.  Needless to say, I don't think anyone will have that problem when trying to pick out a Victory from the crowd.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 10:31:08 AM »

Amen on the fugly Ness look......the only thing more painful than looking at one is trying to sell and/or trade one... :2vrolijk_21:

knothead

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 R-Glide Orange & Black
    • CVO2: 2006 V-Rod Orange & Black
    • CVO3: 2006 V- Rod Destroyer Orange & Black
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 11:28:24 AM »

Why ??
Letz Ride

charlie

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 07:22:11 AM »

I will stick with Harley even though they tend to piss me off every now and then.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 07:32:24 PM »

Victory's have their following...my nephew being one of them.  And I don't have a problem with anyone that wants to buy one.  They're not my cup of tea.  They're still to "alien" looking and if that means having the balls to separate from the mold, more power to them.  They won't get my dollar for a long time looking like that.  I personally am a traditionalist, especially when it comes to what I think a touring bike should look like.  Victory is getter closer though.  Are they going to give the HD touring line a run for the money?  Not yet, is that one going to be competition for the Street Glide?  Not looking like that.  Like Chip said, they're a good bike to trade up to a Harley from.   You won't see any in my garage anytime soon, just would look good next to the SEUC and SESG... :coolblue:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 01:50:22 PM »

Each to their own, but I personally like the looks of the new Victorys.  Especially the Cross Roads.  Now the Vision I just can't handle and it is fugly.  I'm not much of a fairing guy and prefer Road Kings.  The new Cross Roads has really got me thinking about one.  The local dealer is only getting one of each and won't have them until December or even after the first of the year.  I've been doing a lot of reading about these new Victorys and so far like what I've read.  I sure would like to take a Cross Roads for a ride and see how it compares with me SERK.

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 09:36:59 PM »

they look like jap bikes trying to look like Harleys imho

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 09:42:23 PM »

If you buy one you'd better plan on keeping it for a long, long time because there is no market for pre-owned bikes.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 11:20:31 PM »

That is true. Unfortunately it's also becoming true for used HD's which are harder to sell or trade in today's market verses a year or two ago. 

I was just thinking the same thing.  I wonder if Ultrafxr has tried to sell a Harley in this market?  I sold my '06 SEUC in June.  Had $40k invested and sold for $23K.  And I think I was lucky to get that.  Might be lucky to get $20k right now.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Victory will hold it's value as well as a Harley.  But I don't think these new models will depreciate as bad as the previous ones and certainly not as bad as the "rice burners".

Look, it's not what you ride, it's that you ride.  I've got friends on Hondas, CanAm's and Kawasaki's.  I enjoy riding with them as much as anyone.  "The bike doesn't make the man".

JohnT.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3 ; '08 White
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 12:50:12 AM »

I got to agree with DakotaZeb. Ride what you want, and what you like. I will tell you this, Harley is not the bottom line for sure. To be completely honest with you, my 08 SEUC leaves alot to be desired as far powertrain performance is concerned. The only reason why I don't sell mine right now is I would lose about 15K off of my initial investment, and I just cannot do that. Great looking bike, for sure, but engine gets as hot as a cannon, and doesn't shed the heat well. My bike still pings like crap when its hot outside,(damaging over time to the motor) & burns oil in between changes, what else can I say. Oh, and did I mention, I need to do another rear base seal gasket at 15K, third base seal with this bike since new, never had to do a base seal with any of my other bikes, all Harleys too. I think when the motor blows in mine, I'm going to drop to 96 cube, should run alittle cooler, and maybe even better, in the long run. I will however keep the bike, just won't buy another Harley. Good thing I have a comprehensive warranty, but when it runs out I'm screwed. In fact you guys can scream all you want, but I'm thinking about buying a new GoldWing next.. My friend has one and LOVES his.. Says he has never had any warranty issues or problems ever with his, and best of all, he says his bike doesn't ping, or cook the motor while in operation, or blow gaskets or burn oil. Wow, must be nice, mine has done all of those things in less than 2 years ownership time. Harley's apology is to send me a picture book in the mail, with an I'm sorry letter..Guess I'll be reading that book when my warranty runs out and my bike is broke with a cover over it in the garage. Hopefully I have my Honda by then...Nuff Said..

« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 03:25:15 AM by JohnT. »

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 03:28:56 AM »

I think the Goldwing is a great, reliable bike, but I don't think I could get used to the lack of sound.  Why does my vacuum cleaner put out more sound than a Goldwing?  I couldn't wait to get pipes on my Harley, and the stock Harley pipes blow the Goldwing away.  If they could make a Goldwing sound like a Harley, I might consider it, but until then, I'm sticking with my noisemaker.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 24 queries.