Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 118634 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2008, 02:43:17 PM »

I called the factory and got some interesting news. According to the vin #, my bike is listed as a vivid black color.

Bill.....

Just another quick question, did they say as a result of you providing the "VIN" number state that your bike is a 1987?  Just curious....

Gosh that's a great looking color.....do you know what part number exactly you are looking for on that "windshield" if you do I can do some searching for you around here to see if I can find anything.....

If you visit the "FXR HISTORY" Thread located here within the "FXR SECTION" you will see there is a specific reference made by Howie (Hoist) regarding the 1971 bobtail Super Glide.....you might enjoy some of the reference input he made about it.....it's interesting.  Ahhhh so you owned one of the first bikes leading to the eventual discovery of the FXR (ie: 1971 SuperGlide), which is awesome.

Anyway glad you found this site, it's great to have another FXR Owner sharing your knowledge and wisdom with all of us here!

Regards,

Tim

boss hoss bill

« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2008, 07:36:30 PM »

Yes, it is a 1987 (4/12/87) production date.
Ref the part #, I'm trying to find it. The local HD store doesn't have it. If anyone has an old catalog, perhaps they can find it for me and let me know.

Bill

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2008, 07:44:03 PM »

I called the factory and got some interesting news. According to the vin #, my bike is listed as a vivid black color.

Bill.....

Just another quick question, did they say as a result of you providing the "VIN" number state that your bike is a 1987?  Just curious....

Gosh that's a great looking color.....do you know what part number exactly you are looking for on that "windshield" if you do I can do some searching for you around here to see if I can find anything.....

If you visit the "FXR HISTORY" Thread located here within the "FXR SECTION" you will see there is a specific reference made by Howie (Hoist) regarding the 1971 bobtail Super Glide.....you might enjoy some of the reference input he made about it.....it's interesting.  Ahhhh so you owned one of the first bikes leading to the eventual discovery of the FXR (ie: 1971 SuperGlide), which is awesome.

Anyway glad you found this site, it's great to have another FXR Owner sharing your knowledge and wisdom with all of us here!

Regards,

Tim

HeHe!!! Boatail Tim, not Bobtail. ;D ;)

Hey Bill, welcome aboard! WooHoo! More FXR guys! Love your LR, but what's it a 10th Anniversary of? FXR's weren't around yet. SG's were '71, as Tim said. I'm not familiar with that model either. But HD had come up with some "quietly" issued models over the years. Good having ya with us, and enjoy this Great Site Bill! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

boss hoss bill

« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2008, 10:26:21 AM »

Hoist

I think it's the 10th Anniversary of the Lowrider Series, started in 1977? . (At least that is what's stamped on it)

How do I get to the thread about the 71 Boat Tail fendered Super Glide?
Bill

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2008, 11:10:37 AM »

:bananarock:

I came across this site and am glad I did, I'm happy to respond!

I have a 1987 FXLRC 10th Anniversary Model.
It still has the original paint with 45000 miles.
I've owned it for over 10 years.
It has a Ev3 cam, Vance and Hines exhaust, SE 8k rpm ignition and a Mikuni Carb. Dynos out at 75 hp and 85 torque.
I think it's one of the prettiest bikes I've owned and plan to keep it until I quit riding, (I'm 62, been riding for 45 years.)
I live in Stuart, Fla and luckily can ride year round.
Bill

boss hoss bill - welcome to this place

that's one FINE looking bike you have !!  Even more so considering that it's 20 years old !  I hope my bike looks that good and clean when she's 20 years old  :D

Do you have more pictures that you can share with us ?
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2008, 11:16:03 AM »

boss hoss bill

how long have you had that Corbin saddle on your bike ?
It looks GOOD on the bike, very nice
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2008, 03:25:32 PM »

Hoist

I think it's the 10th Anniversary of the Lowrider Series, started in 1977? . (At least that is what's stamped on it)

How do I get to the thread about the 71 Boat Tail fendered Super Glide?
Bill

Aha! Thanks Bill! Hadn't thought of that. Makes sense. Very rare bike though it seems. I'ts kinda gone unhead of by many of us afficionados! That makes it even more special!

The orig. Boatail SG posts and pics are in Tim's FXR History Thread. They start here:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=25417.msg411539#msg411539

Thanks again for joining us here. Hope to see lots more of ya! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

boss hoss bill

« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2008, 03:41:28 PM »

Mikey

I've had the Corbin saddle for years. I have a total of 4 seats for her. 2 more Corbin solos and the original seat with a sewn in gel pad.
I have another shot of her, next to my recently sold Boss Hoss and my Valkyrie (great bike.)

Bill

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2008, 05:58:23 PM »

Mikey

I've had the Corbin saddle for years. I have a total of 4 seats for her. 2 more Corbin solos and the original seat with a sewn in gel pad.

WOW !!  and I only have two for mine, but maybe when she's 20 I'll have 4    HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

That looks like the Gunfighter and Lady saddle, if so, that's the same one that I have on my bike, regardless, Corbin makes a GREAT SADDLE !!  I love mine !!

I have another shot of her, next to my recently sold Boss Hoss and my Valkyrie (great bike.)

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Bill

Thanks for the pictures !!!!!!!!!
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2008, 01:18:36 PM »

Hmmmmmmm

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOO is this bad boy on his Tangerine FXR4.......?
Hmmmmmmm the things we find when we are mulling around.....

:pepper:   :2vrolijk_21:
Regards,

Tim

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your curser next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your curser on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 01:23:41 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2008, 01:30:11 PM »

I was thinkin I saw Howie with his new handle bars on "Joy" but then, I realized, wait....."Joy" is blue....hmmmmmmm.........must have been Howie doing R&D.
 :pepper:

Regards,

Tim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2008, 02:53:41 PM »

I was thinkin I saw Howie with his new handle bars on "Joy" but then, I realized, wait....."Joy" is blue....hmmmmmmm.........must have been Howie doing R&D.
 :pepper:

Regards,

Tim

BwaaHaaaHaaa!!! Now that's some funny chit Tim! :D :D :D :D :D

I'll get ya pics next weekend of my real apes on Joy though! ;)

Hoist! 8)

scobar44

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2, Arresting Red
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2008, 06:50:46 PM »

1. Screen Name:  Scobar44
2. Given Name:  Scott
3. Age:  51 (soon to be 52 - Dec. 9)
4. Location:  Murray, KY
5. FXR Model:  FXR2, Arresting Red
6. History of Ownership:   I'll tell my story, as brief as possible.  I started riding motorcycles as soon as I got my driver's license (aged 16).  I went through several Yamaha's and Honda's and wound up trading my last Yamahe (1973 350cc Street bike) to a guy for 2 cows.  I've not owned a motorcycle from then until August 1999, when I bought a nice 1999 FXDX Super Glide Sport, Aztec Orange.  It turns out that my sife actually enjoyed riding with me, so I soon traded for a new 2001 Road King.  I soon bought a very nice 1993 Anniversary Sportster 1200 (quickly sold it) and traded the Road King for a used 2001 Electra Glide Classic.  My wife and I had some riding friends and we rode to the mountain areas of East Tennessee, Eastern Kentucky, and Western North Carolina a few times each year.

Then came the Honda S2000 convertible.  My wife quickly became a convertible girl rather than a biker girl, so the Harley stayed at home alot or, at best, I rode it around town by myself.  I quickly decided to sell the cycle and stick with the convertible, until a friend told me about FXR's and let me ride his blue FXR3.  I started searching for an FXR2 (I like the red better that the flames of the FXR3).  I found my '2 last August near Cincinatti.  It had 2100 miles and was in perfect condition, for a machine which obviously hadn't been ridden much in several years. 

I sold the Electra Glide, bought the FXR2, and couldn't be happier.  I have a limited edition Harley that looks like new and whose odometer proves it (even though most people don't know what an FXR is), and by current standards, have about half of what current Harleys are selling for.  I think I have the best of all worlds.

Modifications:  Very few and they are not major.  Sreamin Eagle pipes, Stage 1 kit, new Avon Venom X tires, and a set of throw-over leather saddlebags.

(Sorry for the long story, but I get a kick out of telling hard-core Harley riders my 'traded for 2 cows' story).  I don't do the leather, do-rag, or wallet with a chain on it, I just like to ride and I like my FXR2!  It's a Hot Rod!
Scott

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI LAVA RED SUNGLO
    • CVO3: 1984 FLHX SHOVELHEAD Special Edition EG
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2008, 12:22:39 AM »

You know, The FXR2 is by far the best looking FXR made. Especially in red! Except for the front (21") wheel.

RedFXR2

« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2008, 06:55:39 AM »

I went through several Yamaha's and Honda's and wound up trading my last Yamaha (1973 350cc Street bike) to a guy for 2 cows....(Sorry for the long story, but I get a kick out of telling hard-core Harley riders my 'traded for 2 cows' story). 

I agree.  Now THAT'S a story.  ;D

I don't do the leather, do-rag, or wallet with a chain on it, I just like to ride and I like my FXR2! 

Big high-five to all that. :2vrolijk_21:  Well, actually I DO own a leather jacket, but I get your drift.   ;D

You understand, of course, that in the HD world, you and I are the real rebels and individuals.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:59:16 AM by RedFXR2 »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Page created in 0.368 seconds with 25 queries.