Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: We're not Alone  (Read 1827 times)

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
We're not Alone
« on: April 20, 2008, 11:07:24 PM »

Buddy drives a demo unit for Victory and before starting out on a trip to demo their new rides he lets us all tool around on them to drive up interest. Took out a Vegas Jackpot yesterday, seems like a descent ride, plenty of power and reasonably quiet motor. Funny thing is after I got off I found an oily spray down the side of the bike. On looking closer, it was definitely coming from the front head gasket area. Could they be using harley parts? :-\ Or maybe it's contagious.  :o

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
Re: We're not Alone
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 05:10:21 PM »

You should'nt of  rode it it so hard.  :-X
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 06:35:25 PM »

Buddy drives a demo unit for Victory and before starting out on a trip to demo their new rides he lets us all tool around on them to drive up interest. Took out a Vegas Jackpot yesterday, seems like a descent ride, plenty of power and reasonably quiet motor. Funny thing is after I got off I found an oily spray down the side of the bike. On looking closer, it was definitely coming from the front head gasket area. Could they be using harley parts? :-\ Or maybe it's contagious.  :o
And they're not 110's...it's a conspiracy against American V-Twins, I tell you!!  8)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 07:40:57 PM »

I'll but the conspiracy bit. HD is probably helping out Victory engineering. " What problem? " "They are supposed to do that."

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 08:08:38 PM »

Probably a "modified" engine.  That's what causes Harley's to leak, don't ya know.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 08:13:56 PM »

Probably a "modified" engine.  That's what causes Harley's to leak, don't ya know.

Jerry

Yeah, don't believe what you read on the internet...every one of the 110 failures have been due to owner's heavy modification of their 110s.  Like mine...I tell you those dangerous pipes, SEACs and SERTs make extreme modifications to the 110s.  I'm surprised mine had only leaked and not imploded!!!! :-X

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 10:29:44 PM »

Son of a   :P     So that's the cause !  :o  The dealer that I use doesn't even realize that he's heavily modifying every bike that goes out the door.  ;D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 10:35:03 PM »

I bet Victory has some spiffy new head gaskets that are not available yet but are back ordered due to demand that will fix the problem until it leaks again, maybe.   :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

harleydawg57

• Full CVO Member
  • "Raring to go-- but can't go for raring!!"

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG orange/black
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 09:40:50 AM »

I have a friend with a 04 Victory and he had it in the shop 4 times for oil leaks--he was told had pourous casting?
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
HD six speed-True Duals with Samson slip ons- S & S gear drive cams with oiling fuel pump-power commander-Kuyakyn rear adjustable rider pegs-HD tuner-Hawg-Wired amp and speakers w/Sony Tuner xm sat radio-Boogey Lights

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 12:02:42 PM »

It is not a conspiracy. Here in America we have figured the best way to prevent external rust and corrosion is to have the bike coated continuously with an oil bath. What better way than to have a consistent spray from the engine? some of us are luckier than others, as this spray will not only coat our bikes for protection against the elements, but also generously catch our neighbors bikes. Congratulations Victory for coming on board and building a bike all Americans can be proud of! Oh, this just in from MOCO, to help keep the engine oil cooler, the oil is circulated to the outside of the engine to maximize outer air cooling. What most of us are missing is the external "oil catch pan and recirculation pump" that Harley is offering in the new 2009 parts catalog. The part number for flat black (the new chrome) is O-2009-FU-B  chrome (which is the old chrome) is O-2009-FU-C...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 02:33:50 PM »

Just got a phone call from a friend of mine who has a Victory...leaking head gaskets '06 model second go-around. Of course, they are claiming it is not a trend...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 03:31:03 PM »

It is not a conspiracy. Here in America we have figured the best way to prevent external rust and corrosion is to have the bike coated continuously with an oil bath. What better way than to have a consistent spray from the engine? some of us are luckier than others, as this spray will not only coat our bikes for protection against the elements, but also generously catch our neighbors bikes. Congratulations Victory for coming on board and building a bike all Americans can be proud of! Oh, this just in from MOCO, to help keep the engine oil cooler, the oil is circulated to the outside of the engine to maximize outer air cooling. What most of us are missing is the external "oil catch pan and recirculation pump" that Harley is offering in the new 2009 parts catalog. The part number for flat black (the new chrome) is O-2009-FU-B  chrome (which is the old chrome) is O-2009-FU-C...

Now that is funny! Kinda sad it may be close to the truth though.
2013 CVO Roadglide

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 09:18:52 PM »

Or maybe it's contagious.  :o

And there you have it...$#!T Happens Everywhere!

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 26 queries.