Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seat Height '16 FLTRUSE  (Read 2095 times)

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
Seat Height '16 FLTRUSE
« on: January 25, 2016, 07:11:47 AM »

After a long layoff to deal with some health issues, I think I'm ready take the plunge again and straddle a new bike. My favorite is the new FLTRUSE. Was a bit disappointed when I hopped on I couldn't  plant my feet solidly on the ground. Looks like the seat height is a few inches taller than my '11 FLTRUSE. I'm about average height at 5'11". Anyone else have this issue? Remedy? Thanks, PJ

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Seat Height '16 FLTRUSE
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 11:03:28 AM »

PJ,   You're probably about the same height as I.  My feet are flat on the floor on both on my '15 FLTRUSE and the '16s that I have tried.   The important measurement, however, for this question is your inseam.  Mine in jeans is 34".  32" in dress pants.  My '15 felt tall the first time I sat on it but I quickly got used to it.  I came off of a SERG3 with a Corbin seat.  It was much lower.  The' 16 HD dimensions are shown below. 

I think you will see the seat and shocks settle a bit after the bike has been ridden.  The next simplest and cheapest remedy is boots with a thicker sole / higher heel.  The bike is so comfortable, I wouldn't advise much beyond that.  If you must, you can lower the suspension and/or the seat.  There are many threads here on both of those issues for various bikes.  Good luck. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 11:52:28 AM »

Several people have mentioned that the late model seats are thicker.  They are also more comfortable.  As has been the case for a long time, there will be a tradeoff involved if you feel the need to modify anything on the bike.  Lower the suspension and you will alter ground clearance and ride quality.  Change to a lower and narrower seat and you will almost always give up a bit of comfort on longer rides.  The best bet is the one Greg mentioned, better riding boots with thick high traction soles and heels.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jmanderson6

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra CVO
    • CVO2: 2014 Softail Deluxe NON-CVO
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 06:58:40 PM »

im 6'3 with a 32inch inseam and still found it difficult on occasion to plant my feet solid on the ground. my solution was i put the street glide cvo seat on my bike. when i go riding for more than 200 miles i put my old seat back on.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 03:50:08 PM »

Well I'm 5'6" and when they added the Hammock Seat my toes don't even touch the ground and I'm not wearing Gene Simmons boots so I can  :huepfenlol2:

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 08:53:52 AM »

A CVO Street Glide seat will will put you about two inches closer to the ground, so will a corbin solo or Danny gray.

The Hammock seat is very thick.  I run a corbin, not because of inseam issues, but due to I like it better.  It puts me lots closer to the ground.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

remraf

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 10:18:53 PM »

Hey PJ, I am new here but there is a business where I live that will take your seat and trim it out and reupholster it for a very fair price.  A ton of people I know use them around here. You might see if there is anyone in your area that does the same thing.

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.