Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: saddlebag speakers on 11's  (Read 2187 times)

jcd520

saddlebag speakers on 11's
« on: May 09, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »

. Heres a new and simple way to add the saddlebag  speakers to your 2011 cvo street glide or 2012 fltrxse CVO roadglide. It appears to be plug and play , apparently containing the wire harness etc to compensate for the missing 6b connector we have all been fretting over.The color matched bag lids I knew about but only saw this speaker kit on Monday
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:24:19 PM by jcd520 »

jcd520

saddlebag speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »

Just picked up a new book at Ft. Worth HD Monday and HD now offers a kit to install saddlebag speakers on FLHXSE2 and 2012 FLTRXSE(cvo roadglides) that is plug and play. The kit is specifically designed with these two models in mind , I guess since everyone is wanting to do it. It has the saddlebag amp, amp bracket, harnesses, speakers , baskets , everything except the color matched lids , which the moco offers as well..

kit part # 76000275--999.95
matched lids--90200614xxx(your color--left)299.95
90200615xxx (your color --right)299.95

20 off , no tax at many dealers comes up to 1279.88 total for the kit.

Barmats

• Junior CVO Member
Re: saddlebag speakers
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 06:09:06 PM »

It's a tempting thought, and I love the way it looks on the new CVO Street Glide, but I'm not sure how much sound you'd really hear coming from back there. Especially with the stock windshield!
2020 CVO Limited

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
Re: saddlebag speakers on 11's
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 06:11:42 PM »

. Heres a new and simple way to add the saddlebag  speakers to your 2011 cvo street glide or 2012 fltrxse CVO roadglide. It appears to be plug and play , apparently containing the wire harness etc to compensate for the missing 6b connector we have all been fretting over.The color matched bag lids I knew about but only saw this speaker kit on Monday

Thanks for the post.

However, the missing "6B" connector has nothing to do with audio (per se) or adding the rear saddlebag speakers. The issues with the missing 6B are related to adding accessory modules such as XM, CB, NIM, etc. Adding or upgrading audio speakers and amps does not rely on that connection.

If you're happy with the stock amp in the 2011 SESG then by all means add the expansion kit. It is just the same amp that is in the 2011 SESG fairing, and it mirrors the setup that comes stock in the 2012 SESG3. The amp in this kit is designed to be mounted in the saddlebag (again, like the stock 2012 SESG). With all the horror stories surrounding the stock amps on SESG2/SESG3 I'm not sure I would be one to add an additonal one of these amps. :)

For the $1K price of this kit for speakers and an amp for JUST the rear lids I think you can do a whole lot better, but that's just my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:34:46 PM by TIF2 »
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

jcd520

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 10:09:18 AM »

Rick is right. The HD kit is probably not the best sound for the bucks, I just put it on here because some of you have been asking and now HD offers this fix for their omission of this option before. This just bypasses all the building of harnesses etc and trying to figure out how to do it on your own , or get some shop mech to do it that doesn't really know how if you want to stay with all HD stuff.
If you want a top notch aftermarket system-----------contact tif2------he knows !

CC-12YR

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 03:13:24 AM »

. Heres a new and simple way to add the saddlebag  speakers to your 2011 cvo street glide or 2012 fltrxse CVO roadglide. It appears to be plug and play , apparently containing the wire harness etc to compensate for the missing 6b connector we have all been fretting over.The color matched bag lids I knew about but only saw this speaker kit on Monday
Another method, Hawg Wired "Lucky 13 lids" designed by Sidecar Cycles! With this kit your speakers are built into the lid and play through a grill in the front of the lid, facing up towards the rider. The speaker never sees the elements, rain, dirt bugs or UV. Comes with an optional drainage kit and a speaker harness long enough to get to the fairing and it has quick disconnects too. Friend has them on his bike, mine will be getting done next winter. Apparently you can buy replacement raw lids or have the service done where they modify your lids at Sidecar Cycles, no need for repainting. That's the plan for me, no issues with color matching that way!!!

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »

Yet another option is to be patient for the introduction of the Hybrid Audio Technology "drop in" 5x7 speakers w/ a bridge mounted tweeter (like the HD speakers use) expected to be available from Biketronics in October, and use HD's color-matched, and fully assembled lids.  They'll be available in 2 and 4 ohm versions. 

The pictures of the HW lids on their website seem a bit odd to me; appears to be a very small opening in the lid for the speaker.

Carl

CC-12YR

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 04:13:41 AM »

Harleypingman,
All I can think of when I see (or hear) 5X7's, is the absolute crappy sound that came out of old Fords (close but argued in size) or Chrysler 5X7 speakers. Back in the day we couldn't get the tools out fast enough to open the hole up for a 6X9.
Maybe someone has found out how to make it work, HD missed the mark, that's for sure!
The small opening "speaker port", works really well. My friend has a set and they rock for a pair of 6.5" speakers... besides, it leaves the top of the lid open to trims or air brushing, which is what sold him. Personally, I like the stealth look and hope to get a set after repairs are done on my ride... next year perhaps!

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 07:39:15 AM »

Well, I ordered this kit.  Should be here in 4-5 weeks.  I like the factory fitted look these provide.
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

kaween

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 01:07:18 PM »

thear is 2 thing you have do to somthing about it in the kit .

1- you must relocate the ipod to rear SB and the brakit not in the kit you have to order it ?

2- you need shorter ipod wire other wise it well take plase in SB and look ugly?

i do fix this kit but its not work cuz HD dealer in my country dont know how to upgrade the software in HK STEERO ??

SORY FOR MY engilsh

kaween
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:09:21 PM by kaween »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 02:13:20 PM »

Here's another option if you don't mind giving up some room in your bags ::)

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.